• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is the adobeexchange.com a bad joke ?

Explorer ,
Nov 08, 2018 Nov 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I developed extensions for macromedia exchange and then adobe exchange for over 10 years, it only got worse year by year.

Now in last few years I got some invitations to join the new adobe exchange that is at adobeexchange.com

I returned many times trying to get started but I just can't, it is like is intentionally made to make you give up and run away

- the domain doesn't even load unless you type www. in front, are you serious ?

- I see few of my files posted under "my exchange", not sure if these are associated with my account or are saved there as files I used, 4 are mine, one is not mine.

- No link to click and edit my submissions, or to submit new files.

Not sure if I am doing something wrong or adobeexchange.com is just not working and I should give up ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 08, 2018 Nov 08, 2018

Hi Adrian,

Sorry to hear you have had issues with the new Exchange website. The site you have been to is the consumer marketplace, there is a separate place for creating and managing your listings here: Exchange Program

In terms of My Exchange, these are products that you either acquired, developed or were privately shared with you. The new Exchange has a lot of changes based on developer feedback, key features are covered here:

We would love to have your products on Exchange. If you have any quest

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adrian,

Sorry to hear you have had issues with the new Exchange website. The site you have been to is the consumer marketplace, there is a separate place for creating and managing your listings here: Exchange Program

In terms of My Exchange, these are products that you either acquired, developed or were privately shared with you. The new Exchange has a lot of changes based on developer feedback, key features are covered here:

We would love to have your products on Exchange. If you have any questions or feedback please email us at: ccintrev@adobe.com.

Thanks,

Jonathan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info.
It would be SO easy to just have a link from adobeexchange.com menu to https://partners.adobe.com/exchangeprogram/creativecloud/appslist.html

but instead you reach adobe exchange and looks like a dead end, you would have to use google or ask in a forum on how to use it as a developer and go to another domain in order to submit to adobe exchange, that is frustrating to say the least.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adrian,

There is a link to the Exchange Developer Portal on the Exchange marketplace:

dev link.png

I am concerned that you missed it and we may need to improve the design to make it more prominent but it's there.

Jonathan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2018 Nov 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jonathan, even with your instructions, I clicked 2-3 times in order to find it.

I think best way would be in main menu/header , e.g "upload", or "submit", if you want to keep things very minimalist then at least under "my exchange", the way it is now is simply not intuitive, even irritating I would say.

I don't mean to be rude, just trying to give honest feedback

I run a site where users posted free flash files, and now free web content, it has over 250 000 members, I am saying this because I know a bit about how it works.

If you allow developers to upload their own zip files (as now) without being too much constrained about packaging format, and improve the UX a bit, I think it can really take off. And that would be nice.

And really, can't someone make it open without www. too ? Even that can decrease your visitors in half.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2020 Jan 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with you Adrian. I quit submitting to Exchange because it's frustrating as hell and not to mention I get support emails every day from people who have tried to download my products from the site or the app they provide. I have over 29,000 downloads from my portal. A little over 9000 of those are paid products. Uploading new products has always been a hassle so naturally I just quit. It takes a lot to make me quit too. Kinda sucks. Customer service has been extremely slow too. I've waited as long as 2 weeks for a simple reply and even then nothing gets resolved. At first I couldn't get a reply at all so I had to go on their facebook page and leave a comment on every post just to get there attention then they proceeded to come at me in a negative way. Which should never happen. I was already extremely frustrated with them and they only made it worse.

Anyways recently my portal has died and now makes zero dollars. Out of nowhere my portal is simply dead. How? If you know of any other alternative sites/companies where I can sell my stuff that isn't saturated with a million other producers selling the same thing please let me know Adrian. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 13, 2020 Aug 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, moving to the exchange forum, so that your message can be read by the correct persons.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines