• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there an update on setting extensions to Private?

Explorer ,
Sep 11, 2018 Sep 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Is there any update on when we might expect to be able to release private extensions on Adobe Exchange? I have made an extension I wish to use within my company so it can't be public.

Thanks,

Jonny

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Jonny,

I can't confirm the exact time but private apps feature is in pipeline and it will be available in our next release.

For more info feel free to contact us at avetting@adobe.com

Regards,

Ankita Maan

Adobe Exchange Vetting Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK thanks, I appreciate you getting back to me.

In the meantime we intend to manually install the unpacked extension to the C:/Users/<USER>/AppData/Roaming/Adobe/CEP/extensions folder (this is on Windows).

Do you know if, once we are able to release the extension privately on Adobe Exchange, we will need to first remove the version we already have installed? Or will it simply get overwritten/replaced when the Exchange version is installed? We have quite a large number of users so hoping we can make the transition smoothly!

Thanks again,

Jonny

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 13, 2018 Sep 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jonny,

To do a managed deployment of your extension read this article.

Once private sharing is enabled on Exchange it will get installed to whoever you invite and accepts the invitation and updates will then be available automatically upon release, so when you make an extension update users will be able to update to it.

Thanks,

Jonathan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2022 Mar 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I know this is a super old post, but it doesn't seem to be implemented. The checkbox to make something private is greyed out. I wanted to follow up and see if this is true.

"private apps feature is in pipeline and it will be available in our next release" - that was over three years ago...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines