Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Packaging an HTML extension

Community Beginner ,
Mar 19, 2019 Mar 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

• Starting to move from development to packaging...
  • My extension leverages node packages, and as expected, under the extension directory I have node_modules sub directory
  • When I am running ZXPSignCmd.exe should I leave the node_modules there? Should it sign also those files (which I do not "own")?

The reason I am asking is, that if I do leave it there, the extension loads and runs very slowly when deployed from the ZXP on a non debug machine. It takes forever for every screen to load. Also, if I just do ZXPSignCmd.exe -verify it takes forever (on the original machine), so I assume that the verification is the issue here.

If I leave it out, the extension tries to load very fast, but, fails as it is missing the modules.

If I copy the modules manually, the log shows that it fails to validate the extension...

So I am kind of stuck, I suspect I am doing something wrong here.

Thanks for your help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Mar 19, 2019 Mar 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is total number of files in your extension?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2019 Mar 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jerda,

I am adding 12 npm packages, which end up adding their dependencies... so total sub directories under node_modules are 78, total number of files: 2,355.

It seems that every time I open the extension, post installation, there is some verification done.

Thanks!

Guy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 20, 2019 Mar 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You will have to sign the whole bundle along with the node modules. Unless you do that the verification process would fail and the plugin will not load. In my opinion signing the node modules should not be an issue, as they are free source packages with no restriction on use. Regarding the time taken you will have to reduce the size of the whole bundle as much as you can, i have not been able to find anyway around it.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines