• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Submitted Patch Links to Old Version

Enthusiast ,
Nov 21, 2016 Nov 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is driving me nuts. I have an extension and it seems users have been having issues with it for a really long time now. I just submitted a new version - I've tested it many different ways; i've installed it via command line, and with anatasys extension manager and it works, I tried the installations on 3 different computers too. I upload the file and it shows up correctly, but then i try to download it and i get an old version with a corrupt license.

i tried sharing it and it links to the old version. i've checked the xmi and the manifest file and everything checks out. i don't know how to trouble shoot this when the file works before i upload it and it stops working when it is out of my hands.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Nov 22, 2016 Nov 22, 2016

You need to wait until the patch is approved before downloading it from the Add-ons site as the live published version is still 1.1.2 at the moment, until we approve the above patch.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may want to try removing Extension Manager, it can cause conflicts. Then try using our CreativeSync to install it and also try with something like zxpinstaller, a free utility from zxpinstaller.com.

Hopefully, one of those things will resolve the issue.

Jonathan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks i'll try that. but how does that change affect my extension portal showing me the wrong version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you say 'extension portal' do you mean the Add-ons website? You need to submit a patch if we are hosting an older version of your Add-on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I mean the add-on's website and the adobeexchange website. And i did submit a patch. I'm trying to share the patch with a test user before publishing. This has worked with other extensions but this particular one doesn't

here is what I see

site.jpg

but what i get when i download that is version 1.1.2 and it doesn't work.

is it not possible to share before publishing? even if i can't, when i'm on this particular page shouldn't version 1.2.0 download?

EDIT: there is something awfully wrong going on with this particular extension. since June, i see that it has been downloaded over 300 times, yet i don't have a single new user.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to wait until the patch is approved before downloading it from the Add-ons site as the live published version is still 1.1.2 at the moment, until we approve the above patch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks. i guess i'm still confused as how to submit a patch to share with people for testing before publishing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines