• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Asking for a Licencing solution

Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2023 Mar 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Following on from my previous post, I have contacted support and things do look a little Grim.

This is my latest communication to them - 
"Following on from the Call yesterday, I have provided the link to the forum below, this shows many VERY recent posts along with thousands of views, and hundreds of comments from people experiencing the same issue.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/fireworks/ct-p/ct-fireworks?page=1&sort=latest_replies&filter=all&lan...

May I remind you the importance of this to users. Adobe to date has provided NO meaningful way for Fireworks users to Migrate there work onto any other solution. I personally have in excess of 30GB of Fireworks files.
You are now disabling our only access to these files, with no hope of resolution. We are not Asking for Product Support, we are asking for a life line! Even if that means some way in which we can purchase the right to own the product. E.g. Give us a Serial number to use.
I do understand Adobes position on supporting this kind of legacy product, and I am not really asking for a change on that position. I am asking and Pleading with Adobe to just let those that have paid for the product to have the right to continue using it!

We are not illegal software users, we are people who have paid for our right to use the software several times over, I am now an Enterprise user to that effect! Paying for the entire suite of Adobe Products, for which most go unused.

Please please find a way to enable our community to go on in a legitimate way, support free.

Thanks

John"

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 10, 2023 Mar 10, 2023

Have you tried these?:

1) Launch the Creative Cloud app

2) From your  profile icon (top right) click sign out

3) Then, Select file => Exit Creative Cloud (top left) to exit the Creative Cloud app

4) Now launch Fireworks, you will be prompted to login with your Adobe sign in details, do so

5) If you see a 'license this software' button click it, that should do the job.

*If the above does not work try this:

1) Uninstall Fireworks from your machine

2) Rename the following folder: C:\Program F

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mentor ,
Mar 10, 2023 Mar 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is not going to help you out here. Fireworks is discontinued software since 11 years now.

Luckily, there is a free alternative that opens native FW files, and allows you to save those as PSD files for import in other image editors: https://www.photopea.com/

There is a "portable" version of Fireworks CS6 for Windows doing the rounds on the net as well that requires no license. Since you paid for the software, from an ethical point of view it wouldn't be an issue to use that. I do, and I have a sub for the entire CC suite.

But Photopea will open your files too.

In any case: don't expect anything from Adobe. They don't care about Fireworks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photopea can open layered Fireworks PNGs

Do you have a Creative Cloud full or educational subscription?

Paul-M - Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the Full Creative Cloud subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you are running Windows 11 ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tried Photopea, and the first file I loaded, did not load all elements. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its nopt perfect but the only option for opening fireworks PNGs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried these?:

1) Launch the Creative Cloud app

2) From your  profile icon (top right) click sign out

3) Then, Select file => Exit Creative Cloud (top left) to exit the Creative Cloud app

4) Now launch Fireworks, you will be prompted to login with your Adobe sign in details, do so

5) If you see a 'license this software' button click it, that should do the job.

*If the above does not work try this:

1) Uninstall Fireworks from your machine

2) Rename the following folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE to OOBE_BK

3) Download an offline Fireworks installer from here (these are official Adobe installers), be sure to visit this page first and sign in with your Adobe login to set an Adobe cookie, otherwise the download will not work.

4) Now install Fireworks with the offline installer you downloaded

5) Make sure you turn off automatic updates in the Creative Cloud app (in preferences=>apps) afterwards, otherwise it will update Fireworks and you may get the same issue again.

6) See if Fireworks will now launch, if presented with a 'license this software' button click it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paul,

I think that has worked! Thankyou so much, your a lifesaver.
So with the updates, I have turned off autoupdate for all apps, is that correct? or is there a way to shut off just Fireworks?

Again thanks for your help it is so greatly appreciated.
John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Leave auto update off and just manually update your other apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines