• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot select or deselect objects in Fireworks CS5

Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2010 Nov 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot seem to select or deselect objects in fireworks by clicking on them. I have to click and drag in order to select an object and click and drag to deselect. Does anyone know what I might be doing wrong or how I can fix this? Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Dec 20, 2010 Dec 20, 2010

FIXED....

Its Spotify.... Close it and try again.. Worked for me....

Grrrrr... I blame Xmas and all the offices for having music on.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 100 Replies 100
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whatta..... Closing Spotify fixed this for me too! I opened Spotify again and the problem occured again. Closed Spotify and no problems. Weird!

Thx!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh my god. Fix it! And send a report to Spotify!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The bug report at Spotify: http://getsatisfaction.com/spotify/topics/spotify_breaks_adobe_fireworks_cs5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fixed it now as well! For me it was Grooveshark Desktop Helper that was causing the issue! Thanks everyone for the help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, so what seems to be causing the issue is Media Keys. Once i disabled media keys on grooveshark desktop helper the problem was fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2010 Dec 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quitting Spotify worked for me to.

Thanks for this – have reported it here too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 23, 2010 Dec 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have almost the same problem - can only select an object, if I first have selected a layer. I don`t have installed Spotify or an grooveshark-application. Can anybody help?

Thanks,

Anja

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG I also run Spotify and closed it and tadaaaa problem fixed. One hell of a nasty program that is!

Apologies to Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2011 Jan 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the code in Spotify that is interfering with Fireworks: https://gist.github.com/764542

The version that is live does not have Fireworks in its whitelist, nor does it pause the event tap (return early after the @synchronized{} block in -[setShouldInterceptMediaKeyEvents] to emulate old behavior).

Would love to know how my code can interfere with mouse input in Fireworks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Nevyn. Just checking if you are the official person whom we can talk further to resolve this issue? If yes, can you send me a message with your mail ID?

We appreciate your initiative to make both the apps happily coexist on user environments.

..Sarthak

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sarthak: I've sent you my email as a private message.

Note that the code I posted should fix any incompatibilities between Spotify and Fireworks at the sacrifice of media key integration when Fireworks is running, and will be live with the next version of Spotify.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And when can we expect this new version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's not up to me, but if everything goes as I'd like, there might be a version on http://www.spotify.com/download/previews/ today or tomorrow

UPDATE: You can get a preview build with the fix at http://www.spotify.com/download/previews/

Message was edited by: nevyn (Spotify)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 11, 2011 Jan 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also got this error while running OS X 10.6.6.

In my case the app which caused the mouse to stop working in Fireworks CS5 was Soundcloud (downloaded through new Mac app store).

What the F**k is going on here ?! How can there be so many apps which can cause an existing Adobe production app to just break basic functionality?

(and is it coincidence that they all happen to be free musics listen apps ?)

Someone from Adobe - can you please tell us more about this issue so we can hopefull have music AND do work at the same time ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2011 Jan 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem and have been tearing my hair out about it - thanks to whoever worked out that it was external program causing the issue.

In my case I have both Spotify and Soundcloud running. Soundcloud seemed to be the culprit and now that its no longer running I am not having any issues.

Also I am running CS4 version, so its not just CS5.

Seems like an Apple/OSX issue to me...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh @Adobe

Can you guys notify your support teams about this. I wasted 30 minutes on the phone with one of your Netherlands Customer Service guys earlier trying to diagnose the issue (without any progress)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks David. We will inform them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jan 08, 2015 Jan 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@David and Aran: do not hold your breath for any support from Adobe in regards to Fireworks: unfortunately Fireworks is no longer either supported or developed since May 2013, so it is dead in the water. Soon FW will have seen no updates in two years! It is only a matter of time until an OS update will cause even bigger compatibility issues.

I wonder why Adobe still bothers to allow users to purchase it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2011 Jan 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Spotify Team released a a Preview build that incorporates Joachim's fix and should solve this issue.

You can download it here http://www.spotify.com/int/download/previews/

It worked for me and a lot of people too.

Enjoy your music inspired workflow!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 20, 2011 Jan 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent news! Thanks for the quick updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2012 Oct 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While Spotify is to be applauded for releasing a fix, I hope this doesn't mean that Adobe considers the problem resolved... right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 23, 2012 Dec 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured out which app to quit to fix this on Mac OS 10.8 and Fireworks CS6 (creative cloud)!! Just quit Fireworks and use something else.

Seriously, come on. I've quit every other app I have. Restarted, etc. I don't have anything running that controls media (Not that that should be an excuse for the app not behaving).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2011 Jan 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem for me, fixed when closed Spotify. For a moment there, I thought FW was developed in some 3rd world country with half literate developers, constant power cuts and no interent connection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jan 28, 2011 Jan 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Charming generalization . . .

BTW, it's "Internet", not "interent", but maybe people from your region all spell it that way . . .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2011 Jan 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Her Landa, das ist correct!! With your attention to detail you'd make a perfect tester for FW. Another tip:

Caret movement within textfield is invisible, when I move the caret with arrow keys I can't see where it is. It doesn't seem to be an issue related to Spotify and I know it wasn't there on CS4 for Windows. It just seems like a bad product, certainly a sign it wasn't developed in the area where I come from.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4vf8N6GpdM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines