• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fireworks asking for Serial Number

Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2020 Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have creative cloud account with my University but I can't access firework as it keep asking for serial number. please any advice

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Hi,

I dont know if you got this resolved or not, but after many conversations with Adobe folk, I think some fix has been put into place. 
The solution (with the NEW fix in place) is almost identical to the one described previously, and it has worked for me. So at the risk of repeating what was said before, below are the instructions from Adobe.

• Sign out from CCD and Quit it
  • Relaunch CCD and Sign in
  • Launch Fireworks CS6
    • If you get the licensing windows, please click “License This Software”
    • Click Sign in

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Mar 15, 2023 Mar 15, 2023

One of these two solutions will work:

1) Launch the Creative Cloud app

2) From your  profile icon (top right) click sign out

3) Then, Select file => Exit Creative Cloud (top left) to exit the Creative Cloud app

4) Now launch Fireworks, you will be prompted to login with your Adobe sign in details, do so

5) If you see a 'license this software' button click it, that should do the job.

*If the above does not work try this:

1) Uninstall Fireworks from your machine

2) Rename the following folder:

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2022 Oct 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked for me as well...
Started muse from CCD and then Fireworks stoped bugging me for licence Key
Thanks a lot for sharing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2022 Nov 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Preferences under account in Creative Cloud. Scroll down, turn on SHOW OLDER APPS. Go back to Creative cloud and download Muse. Then open Fireworks, works!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2022 Nov 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgot you have to open MUSE first then sign in, then open fireworks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2023 Mar 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just posting this solution because I had the same issue and finally resolved it.

Fireworks appears to use older licensing code which doens't work with Adobe accounts where you sign in via an organisation (e.g. where it's supplied by a University?)

Adobe MUSE appears to use the same one but it seems to work with the organisation accounts whereas Fireworks just asks for a serial number.

So using MUSE to licence the older Creative Suite apps made Fireworks work for me again.

• I enabled older apps in Creative Cloud preferences
  • Installed Adobe MUSE
  • Made sure Fireworks was closed
  • Loaded MUSE and let it licence itself correctly
  • Shut it down and then Fireworks works - without asking for a serial

Hopefully that helps others. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 15, 2023 Mar 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of these two solutions will work:

1) Launch the Creative Cloud app

2) From your  profile icon (top right) click sign out

3) Then, Select file => Exit Creative Cloud (top left) to exit the Creative Cloud app

4) Now launch Fireworks, you will be prompted to login with your Adobe sign in details, do so

5) If you see a 'license this software' button click it, that should do the job.

*If the above does not work try this:

1) Uninstall Fireworks from your machine

2) Rename the following folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE to OOBE_BK

3) Download an offline Fireworks installer from here (these are official Adobe installers), be sure to visit this page first and sign in with your Adobe login to set an Adobe cookie, otherwise the download will not work.

4) Now install Fireworks with the offline installer you downloaded

5) Make sure you turn off automatic updates in the Creative Cloud app (in preferences=>apps) afterwards, otherwise it will update Fireworks and you may get the same issue again.

6) See if Fireworks will now launch, if presented with a 'license this software' button click it.

Paul-M - Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2023 Mar 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download and open Muze app from adobe cloud and it will ask you to log in. Now you can use fireworks without any serial number. worked for me twice. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2023 Dec 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, can you explain the procedure better? MUZE I don't see it, I see MUSE ! Have you solved it definitively with the 30-day trial version pop-up? keeps you workingDoes it still work for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2024 Mar 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am telling you Adobe get your crap together on this.. do you know how many times I have had to uninstall reinstall login logout.. etc...etc .etc... what the hell? I cannot belive a organization like this cannot fix a simploe license problem with a product that you should just give away if you no longer wsnt to support it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines