Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fireworks CS6 Direct Download Links

Explorer ,
Apr 18, 2021 Apr 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have been browsing the internet looking for a way to download CS6 as I have the license key but have lost the install disc.

I have come across a website that appears to have Fireworks and the other CS6 applications up for download.

The website is called: ProDesignTools.

I was wondering if this is a reputable source before clicking download on anything.

--Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Apr 18, 2021 Apr 18, 2021

Hi - yes, they are actually links to official Adobe offline installers. Just make sure you read the instructions above the download links... You need to access an Adobe link & login with your Adobe sign in, then return to the Pro Design page to download.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Apr 18, 2021 Apr 18, 2021

First access this page and sign in with your Adobe credentials.

Then you can go to the ProDesignTools page and download the Fireworks CS6 offline installer

You need to visit the Adobe page and login first to set a cookie in your web browser before you can download. The links are genuine direct Adobe links and safe.

If you have a valid license key it should still activate Fireworks. Asuming you are on a Windows PC it should be OK, The newest versions of Mac OS that do not support 32 bit app

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - yes, they are actually links to official Adobe offline installers. Just make sure you read the instructions above the download links... You need to access an Adobe link & login with your Adobe sign in, then return to the Pro Design page to download.

Paul-M - Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2021 Jul 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. It does work. I was able to download Fireworks CS6 and verify my subscription and launch. But...it doesn't allow me to open the program again once it's closed. The only way I can load the program is to go through the installer again, verify, and then launch. Is there a way around this process?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Launch the creative app => click your profile icon (top right) => sign out .... then choose file => exit to close the program. Now try launching Fireworks and signing in when prompted...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ugh. Sadly, this did not work. I'm running Windows 10. This just started
happening yesterday. I think Windows did an update and since then Fireworks
as well as Dreamweaver CS6 is not working. The Dreamweaver program is not
as important as I have transitioned most of my sites to Dreamweaver 2021,
but I truly miss Fireworks CS6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2021 Jul 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you to everyone who gave me suggestions for Fireworks CS6. I am able to use it and keep it open on my desktop, but once I close it, I lose the ability to open it again. I am going to stubbornly go through the whole process each time because I've used Fireworks for years and it does what I want it to do. I understand the idea of marketing and upgrading to new programs, but this one I really like and will use it until something better comes along. Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 16, 2021 Jul 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks as though Adobe have fixed this, if you are a Creative Cloud subscriber, you can try this:

Launch the creative cloud app, make sure oyu have the latest version by slecting help => check for updates. then => click your profile icon (top right) => and sign out .... then choose file => exit to close the creative cloud program.

Now try launching Fireworks, click the 'license this software' button and when prompted sign in with your  Adobe login details..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's safe.  Hopefully you have a compatible serial number.  The Adobe download links posted on ProDesign Tools are NOT compatible with education or volume licensed editions.  Also follow the Very Important Instructions on that page or you'll get an access denied error.  And Adobe may remove the installers at anytime without notice.

You will need an older supporting OS to run legacy Creative Suite software.

NOTE 1 : Creative Suite installers won't work on macOS Sierra, High Sierra or Mojave without terminal workarounds. See the help article below for details.
https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/install-creative-suite-mac-os-sierra.html

NOTE 2: Creative Suite cannot be installed on Catalina or Big Sur.  It's too old.

Good luck!

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks very much for both of your replies.

I have a MacBook Pro 2012 running OS X Mavericks dedicated for running old software. 

Thanks again for help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should be fine to run Firewosk on that. Just bear in mind if you are ever thinking of upgrading to Catalina or Big Sur that Fireworks won't run natively on those two OS's due to lack of support for 32 bit apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First access this page and sign in with your Adobe credentials.

Then you can go to the ProDesignTools page and download the Fireworks CS6 offline installer

You need to visit the Adobe page and login first to set a cookie in your web browser before you can download. The links are genuine direct Adobe links and safe.

If you have a valid license key it should still activate Fireworks. Asuming you are on a Windows PC it should be OK, The newest versions of Mac OS that do not support 32 bit apps will mean you can't install/run Fireworks. A few Fireworks users on the forums here have recommeded Parallels desktop to run a Windows virtual mahcine on Mac Catalina or Big Sur and run Fireworks that way, I haven't tried it myself but  I've seen good reviews.

If for any reason you are unable to download a Fireworks installer  let me know and I will help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 16, 2021 May 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for your replies. I have used the installer to successfully download and install Fireworks. My CS6 Design and Web Premium worked!

I tried using Fireworks on my iMac 5K 2017 (running macOS Mojave). The application launched and there weren't any glitches or bugs with the program, but it was unusable because it was pixelated and blurry. This isn't the case on the 2012 MacBook.

Anyone know of a solution for this?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Legacy CS6 software is not Hi-DPI aware.  Do you have a regular display you can use?  Or can you drop your screen resolution down through your OS settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'll either have to change your Macs display setting globally or if you want to set display settings for individual apps you'll need a third party application. Something like SwitchResX should do the trick for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 31, 2021 May 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry that I took so long to reply, I've been really busy with work. I have brought a license to SwitchResX and it works like a charm. Thank you so much for your help, it was a nightmare using Photoshop. It's so nice having Fireworks back.

I only need to create small graphics for the web and advertisements for people so Fireworks does the job.

I have been dipping my toes in to web design and although I have tried Dreamweaver it's far to complex for my basic needs. I found a program called Muse CC but I can't seem to find it in my Creative Cloud app. I have the Creative Cloud All Apps plan.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 31, 2021 May 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi  Oliver, thanks for the update, I'm glad SwitchResX worked for you 👍

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Out of curiosity, can I still buy Fireworks CS6 as a standalone product because it's the only Adobe application I use. 

It seems a waste to pay for all apps even if I get the teacher discount.#

--Thanks for all your useful replies.

--Kind regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately not Oliver, and although you see it on eBay from time to time I doubt they are genuine copies/legal licenses. If you're looking for a single product this project Photopea looks promising. It can open layered Fireworks PNGs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for replying, it's just that it's a pain paying for Creative Cloud when I only use Fireworks.

I have had a look at Photopea but I like the Pages feature in Fireworks and the ability to prototype, which is the reason I have stuck to Fireworks instead of Photoshop or Illustrator.

--Kind Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think Photopea has pages but it does it does have artboards.

Affinity Desinger is going to be your next best thing which has Pages. No subscription required, you can buy the software with a one-off payment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your suggestion, I might bite the bullet and switch to Windows. I'm thinking of selling the iMac and MacBook and getting a capable Windows laptop. Might be a bit of a learning curve though because I haven't used Windows since the XP days.

Thanks and regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI, Affinity Designer has both Mac and Windows versions ....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was just saying in terms of Fireworks because it’s a pain to keep my MacBook on such an old OS. So I’m going to switch to Windows 10 to keep using Fireworks.
Thanks for your help and support.

Get Outlook for iOS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I’m going to switch to Windows 10 to keep using Fireworks.

============

@Oliver Tonks,

Did you previously purchase a Windows license to CS6?  I ask because your old Mac license won't work with Windows software and vice versa.   Since CS6 is discontinued & unsupported, a platform swap isn't possible.

Just thought you should know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a copy of CS5.5 back when I used to use XP. I'm hoping my .fw.png files will open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines