• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fireworks CS6 Won't Open Since Janurary 2024

Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2024 Jan 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have a Creative Cloud All Apps plan which thankfully includes Fireworks. Sometime last week (January 2-5) Fireworks would not open. We now get the error message I've attached. We've uninstalled both Fireworks and CC several times and still, we get the error message attached. Adobe "Support" won't help because it's no longer supported. Any help you could provide would be appreciated, cheers.

TOPICS
Error , Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 18, 2024 Jan 18, 2024

I completely uninstalled every CC app (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.) first and then the main CC app. Then I restarted and reinstalled the main CC app and all of the other apps, including Fireworks. This finally worked to get Fireworks to open and work.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Jul 05, 2024 Jul 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had the same problem, opening Fireworks two weeks ago triggered a message to update my browser, this appeared to be linked to Edge (which I don't use) then I got the complete the registration process, I was logged in to CC at the time and Fireworks still appears in my apps on CC (I've had creative cloud continuously since 2008) I know have a countdown for remaining trial days and cannot use the serial number as part of my subscription - unfortunately chat help with Adobe was no help 😞 - I am currently installing Muse as a work around suggested by the community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2024 Jul 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a sub for myself at home and a work one, both Education and I have had the exact same issue for many months, its an absoluite scandal that they are not taking this seriously enough; I use Fw religiously (or did) to do qucik jobs and am hampered by not having access.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 15, 2024 Jul 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a sub for myself at home and a work one, both Education...

By @PauloNeilson

==========

Teams & Enterprise users:

Please conctact your school's IT department.  Your organization's administrator manages the plan for your school/university.

https://www.adobe.com/education.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thats not the issue.

I wish you understood the issue.

You keep commenting and yet do not understand what is happening here.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You keep commenting and yet do not understand what is happening here.  

By @thereadingwhisperer

===========

@thereadingwhisperer,

Not aimed at you. My reply was to @PauloNeilson.

Read the thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Nancy but its Adobe that aren't listening! CAN YOU HEAR US, we don't want you to ditch Fireworks!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 20, 2024 Jul 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Nancy but its Adobe that aren't listening! CAN YOU HEAR US, we don't want you to ditch Fireworks!! 

By @PauloNeilson

=============

Nobody from Adobe hears you. They quit paying attention to these Fireworks discussions a long time ago.

=============
Beware of fake Adobe reps who may contact you privately offering to sell you software or take control of your computer. It's a scam, run away! Real Adobe employees will never reach out to you over Outlook, Yahoo, Gmail or Skype.  Stay safe everyone.
=============
3 Easy Ways to Identify Genuine Adobe Staff
https://tinyurl.com/10791730

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 21, 2024 Jul 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Absolutely no idea why you keep commenting on fireworks discussions.  You do not bring anything useful to the table to those of us simply wanting to continue to use fireworks.  Please let us get on with it. Thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Nancy, I use the Education account and admin it myself as I am the ICT Manager!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hear you!

Adobe are seemingly trying to find a work around.  But it really varies who you get. Just been  sent another option so will let you know if that one works! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2024 Jul 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue has been solved for me TODAY, July 16th, 2024. 

I re-installed Fireworks and after instalation, it showed me a new screen for license authentication with a QR code I had to read and to authenticate via Adobe Account (I am using the latest Adobe Creative Cloud version), then after FW worked perfectly. 

Good luck y'all!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2024 Jul 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well holy smokes!!! Cautiously optimistic for all.

Thank you, @natsobrado !!!!

M

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This option has been available for a lont time now, the issue is that is not consistent, it appears sometimes, and even when it appears and you went over it and all goes well, a few months later all stops working with some error.

So far the most stable solution for me (aka, the one that is lasting the longest w/o breaking again) is to remove CS6/FW completely, install ADOBE MUSE CC (don't even need to open it), then install FW, restart, then FW will work. Something on Muse CC makes the old CC license/services to "stay put" and doesn't reset over time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe customer support told me to do that but it didn't work for me - will try on a different laptop. I have managed to get the 30 day trial to reset so all good for 30 days on one - will try that again on another.  Did you use the cleaner tool first?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines