• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fireworks is asking for a "serial number"

New Here ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Fireworks from my Adobe Creative Cloud account and since this morning it keeps asking me for a "serial number". Please advice.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes i did, but it doesn't work.
Landry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you at the 'trial expired' stage of the nag screen?

Paul-M - Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm here

Landsaiz_0-1623419864804.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This workaround: make sure PDapp.exe always runs as an administrator and *important make sure you do NOT run Fireworks as an adminstrator worked on two machines with Windows 10 machines and latest Windows updates that I tested.

Some other people have used a weird workaround where you close Fireworks, install Muse from the Creative Cloud app, license it and then launch Fireworks .....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any usefull update?
I am experiencing the same problem.

Please Adobe, help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK Paul, Fireworms was running as an administrator.
After this modified, all work again.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paul!  Thanks for trying to help us all. I'm on Windows and enter that prompt in the search box - but don't see that actual dialog box.

here is what I see:

https://www.loom.com/share/2b39c469adee4ad0be6c5aced6caee6a

Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am using  Windows 10 Version 20H2.

I did start PDapp.exe as an administartor, restarted the computer and ran Fireworks not as an administartor.
It did not work.

I installed Muse, without Fireworks running, started Fireworks.
It did not work.

I have 10 days left on my "trial".
Please help!

Kind regards,
Hilda

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try unistalling Fireworks, rebooting machine and installing Fireworks again with an offline installer from here.

*IMPORTANT: you need to access this page first and login to your Adobe account before attempting to download.

*NOTE: These are official Adobe installers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which option should I choose?

Screenshot 2021-06-17 120211.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try 'start my subscription' after install close Fireworks, make sure PDapp.exe is running as an adminsitrator and Fireworks is NOT

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it worked!!!

Relieved....

Thank you for the support.

Now back to work 😉

Hilda

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2021 Jun 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I have the same problem, I followed the indications about the permissions for the apps, and din't hapenned, when I launch it request me the serial number, I installed fireworks some time ago, using a cretive cloud licence, I'm using W10. Help please...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try the instructions above & install Fireworks with an offline installer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try this:

Try unistalling Fireworks, rebooting machine and installing Fireworks again with an offline installer from here.

*IMPORTANT: you need to access this page first and login to your Adobe account before attempting to download.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thank for the answer, but... I've did it, step by step, I reinstalled the app & don't anything happened, The problem continue... I just got a difference, the serial number request is in english & I'm from México hahaha... Don't have another advice? It is sad...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I begin to feel tired from all this.

PLESE PROVIDE US A WORKING SOLUTION!

I'VE DONE ALL THE THINGS YOU SUGGESTED. IT WORKS ONCE AFTER REINSTALLING BUT THEN IT DOESN'T START AGAIN. 

If I launch it as administrator it keeps saying that my trial license expired.

I CAN'T REINSTALL FIREWORKS EVERYTIME I NEED TO WORK WITH IT!

CAN YOU PROVIDE US A DAMNED SERIAL NUMBER????

I SEE ADOBE NO LONGER IS INTERESTED IN FIREWORKS (I THINK THEY HATE EVERY THING MACROMEDIA DID) SO CAN YOU PROVIDE US A WORKING SERIAL NUMBER?????????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should NOT run Firework as administrator but DO run PDapp,exe as an administrator, that has worked for some people on Windows, also some people to needed to do a clean install of Fireworks with an offline installer (see the details in an earlier post on this thread). People on Mac Catalina or Big Sur which no longer support 32 appps and can't run Fireworks, have been using a program called Parallels Desktop

You are shouting at the wrong people, this is a user to use forum - Adobe EOL'd Fireworks back in 2013 and will not provide support for it. As a long-time Fireworks user I'm as angry as the next person about that.

If you have a Creative Cloud full subscription you could try Photoshop, although it does have a steeper learning curve and you decent spec computer otherwise it may be slow.

Non Adobe alternatives to Fireworks :

Photopea - a web based app that can open layered Fireworks PNGs and it's very good

Affinity Designer - Available for both Windows & Mac and about the nearest thing to Fireworks. Affiity also have some other programs Publisher and Photo, if you buy all three apps you get the benefit of something called  Studio Link that basically combines all three applications into one single one with a huge feature set.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry but the frustration made me hungry (please forgive me, I'm not hungry with you personally but with Adobe, also for the way they treated AIR, but this is another history).

Again, I set pdapp to run as administrator

Then I installaed Fireworks and set it to run NOT as administrator.

By doing this, it works once, but if I close it and relaunch it it doesn't start, I mean it doesn't start at all, no alert, no messages, nothing.
So if I run it as administrator, it displays that the trial period ended. Maybe this can be the difference between the problem other people have and mine. Maybe your solution works only if you have days left. In fact your solution in the computer I have at home worked perfectly. The trial period on my computer at work ended because I not go so often (because of COVID) to my workplace, so I hadn't the chance to "refresh" it by logging in.

Anyway seen that the support to Fireworks ended (shame adobe shame), why not release a serial number that works for everyone?

Thanks for your suggestions about the alternatives, maybe I'll give a look although I think Fireworks is still a great application.

Photoshop is great for creativity but for programmers like me it sucks because it's not so user friendly like Fireworks is (and like Animate is).

Again forgive me if I "shouted".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try instlling with an offline installer?

Try unistalling Fireworks, rebooting machine and installing Fireworks again with an offline installer from here.

*IMPORTANT: you need to access this page first and login to your Adobe account before attempting to download.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 04, 2021 Jul 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have the same problem.
I first tried Paul-M’s solution at the top of this post and it worked
but at the end of the trial period I have the same worries as paolon86536620
When i launch Fireworks it doesn't start at all, no alert, no messages, nothing.
So if I run it as administrator, it displays that the trial period ended.

:{

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 05, 2021 Jul 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try installing Fireworks with an offline installer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 05, 2021 Jul 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I  did it, it worked once but now id doesn't start 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 13, 2021 Jul 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try this:

1) Make sure Fireworks is closed

2) Launch the Creative Cloud App, click you profile icon (top right) => sign out, then click => file => exit to close the Creative Cloud app

3) Launch Firework you should be prompted to sign in with your Creative Cloud details, did Fireworks launch successfully?

.... when I did this it reset the trial period back to 30 days I dunno if it was a freak...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guys, I followed all step & faillure... But reinstall fireworks with the offline installer, run PDapp as administrator, but... I runned fireworks as NO adminitrator & works... I didn't anything special... Just that... Try it...

Regards!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines