• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fireworks is asking for a "serial number"

New Here ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Fireworks from my Adobe Creative Cloud account and since this morning it keeps asking me for a "serial number". Please advice.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you running Windows 10? Have you tried the workaround that has worked for some people?

navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE\PDApp\core\PDapp.exe => right click the exe => compatability tab => check 'run this program as an adminstrator => click OK

Paul-M_0-1623061483900.png

Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Fireworks CS6\Fireworks.exe => right click the exe => compatability tab => make sure 'run this program as an administrator' is NOT checked.

Paul-M_2-1623061483909.png

Do a system restart for good measure and see if you can launch/run  Fireworks without the nag screen

Paul-M - Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paul, 

No, I'm using a MacBook Pro running macOS Mojave version 10.14.5.

I attached two screenshots. One that says my "Trial Has Expired". The other one is asking for a serial number.

I was using Fireworks for years without any problem...

Any idea of the issue?

Regards,

Viv

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Close Fireworks, open the Creative Cloud app & sign out (click profile icon top right => sign out). Then go to file =>  exit to close Creative Cloud. Now launch Fireworks again & you should be prompted to login, sign in with your Creative Cloud login, and if you are presented with the 'license this software' button, click it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Paul,

I have done all this already. It is after I click the "License this software" button that I am asked to provide a Serial Number for Fireworks.

Viv

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some people on Macs seemed to fix this issue by using an offline installer, completely uninstall Fireworks first, reboot machine & turn OFF automatic updates in the Creative Cloud app, then follow these instructions (*note: these are links to official Adobe installers)

Try downloading an offline Fireworks installer from here 

*important* visit this Adobe page first and login into to your Adobe account before trying to access the download links ....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, it does not solve my issue.

I managed to download the Fireworks package from the link you provided but the installation fails with the following error message:  "Installer failed to initialize. This could be to a missing file. Please download Adobe Support Advisor to detect the problem".

(See attached screenshot). 

I try to click the "Get Adobe Support Advisor" link, but it gets me nowhere...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you do a system restart before trying to install with offline installer ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I did, but it did not change anything.

Clearly, something has been modified on your end and that's highly regrettable...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can it be something with the Adobe Genuine Software? If I click the "buy now" button I will be forwarded to a page that says " The Adobe software you’re attempting to install is not genuine."

But it is, because I dowloaded directly from the Creative Cloud app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried these steps and get the same result. Any other ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2021 Jul 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This one worked out for me on Windows! Did exactly as you instructed. 

Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!  I've tried doing this...

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE\PDApp\core\PDapp.exe

And then choosse "run as an administrator"

And then restarted my computer

But nothing is working!  I still cannot open Fireworks.  It just says my free trial has expired (even though I pay the monthly fee for tall the apps).  And then it wants a serial number - which is not right since NO cloud apps  need Serial numbers.

I need to fix this right away....as this program is the main reason I use Adobe Cloud.  Please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. I tried to contact the Adobe support but they keep saying they don't support Fireworks anymore and I need to look for awnsers here on the forum. What a bad support is this! The program is working fine, but it just keeps asking for a serial key.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, I spent about one hour with the chat support but they can't solve it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe,
I have the same problem and tried the solutions, nothing seems to work.
The problem doesn't seem to be a problem with the connections to the Adobe-server but with the server it self.

After starting FireWorks I need to sign in and then it keeps asking for a serial number.
I found my Adobe serial-number in my account at:
https://account.adobe.com/products

But, when I use this serial number, it sais it is not a valid serial number.
Please advice.

Hilda

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like you have a standalone Fireworks license and not a Creative Cloud subscription?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paul,

No, this is part of my CC-subscription. I've downloaded it from the CC-app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using  Windows 10 Version 20H2.

FW-CC.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried the solution towards the top of this thread? Make sure  PDapp.ex is run as an administrator and Fireworks is NOT run as an administrator, for some peoeple it stopped the nag screen, whether the 30 day trial countdown is still going on in the background remains to be seen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am  having the exact same issue.  Tried all the things you mentioned.

How do I make sure Fireworks is NOT run as an administrator? I'm not sure where that prompt is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same issue. Any solutions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI - What OS? Windows 10 or Mac and which Mac OS version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem on windows 10 and cloud version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try this?:

navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE\PDApp\core\PDapp.exe => right click the exe => compatability tab => check 'run this program as an adminstrator => click OK

Paul-M_0-1623334370119.png

Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Fireworks CS6\Fireworks.exe => right click the exe => compatability tab => make sure 'run this program as an administrator' is NOT checked.

Paul-M_2-1623334370090.png

Do a system restart for good measure and see if you can launch/run  Fireworks without the nag screen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines