• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fireworks is asking for a "serial number"

New Here ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Fireworks from my Adobe Creative Cloud account and since this morning it keeps asking me for a "serial number". Please advice.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2021 Jul 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just went through all of this with a service rep named Junaid at Adobe . After jumping through these same hoops he told me to try an older CS Key, which of course did not work, then basically hung up the chat. It looks as though Fireworks may be finally of the shelf at Adobe...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 04, 2021 Jul 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi - are you a Windows or Mac user?

Paul-M - Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2021 Jul 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe sent me this after dealing with their reps in chat:

Your Adobe Case xxx-xxxxxxxx-xxxx
Dear Bill,
Greetings from adobe.

We see you contacted us regarding fireworks related query,
A few things you could try :

1) Try signing out and then back of the Creative Cloud App > then trying launching Fireworks

2) In the Creative Cloud app see if there's an update for Adobe Fireworks, if there is apply the update and try to launch Fireworks again.

3) Turn your system clock back to 2006 > see if you can now launch Fireworks > if you can go to help => deactivate > you should be prompted to sign out > sign out > close Fireworks > set your clock back to the correct year > re-launch Fireworks > you should be prompted to sign in > sign in

In case, it asks for the serial number, you can use this link-

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/macromedia-legacy-activation-error.html

Please let us know if this resolves your query.

Thanks for working with us,
Adobe Customer Care

Of course this ended being a wild goose chase.  The link they provided was for the MX suite. Setting the clock back to 2006 was futile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That link and the serials are not relevant to Adobe Fireworks CS6 unless I missed something, they are for much older Macromedia Fireworks versions ....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2021 Jul 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did ANYONE ever find a solution to this Fireworks "End of Trial - Serial Number" problem? I've had FW since 2013 and it just started this crap a couple weeks ago. I've tried all suggestions on this thread, and I can't get in!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 08, 2021 Jul 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - are you a Windows or Mac user?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2021 Jul 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. I've tried everything in this thread. I have tons of FW files and I really need this to wok. Please help! Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should say, I'm on a PC, Win 10, and my "trial expired".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried everything and no luck too. I was able to open and re save layered FW png files using https://www.photopea.com. Eventually had to purchase original FW CD and valid license from eBay (£200). The licence worked with the Creative Cloud version so didn't need the CD. Frustrating but a solution non the less...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have a Creative Cloud subscription and are on Windows 10 try this:

1) Make sure Fireworks is closed

2) Launch the Creative Cloud App, click you profile icon (top right) => sign out, then click => file => exit to close the Creative Cloud app

3) Launch Firework you should be prompted to sign in with your Creative Cloud details, did Fireworks launch successfully?

.... Curiously when I did this it reset the trial period back to 30 days I dunno if it was a freak...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Holy sh*t...

That seems drastic but good on you.

Completely unfair that you had to lay out that expense for something you're already paying stupid amounts of money for. Respect.

I tried looking for it on eBay, can't find it - but I'm not sure I'm prepared to pay that. That's almost $400 in my money. (AUD)

These are indeed desperate times.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Desperate times indeed. I decided to 'work around' the problem by downloading a cracked 'portable' version of Fireworks CS6. I rent the full adobe CC suite, and ran into the same issue.

Works like a charm and it did not even need to be installed: it can be run off a USB stick, if need be.

Of course, it is ridiculous that I, as a user with legal access to Fireworks, have to resort to downloading a cracked version to make it work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 31, 2021 Jul 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got it to work, for now at least, by doing this (Win 10):

1. Uninstall FW from CC app and choose to delete your preferences etc.
  2. Restart
  3. Reinstall FW from CC app and try to launch (nothing happens, literally)
  4. Now install FW from a stand-alone ADOBE CS6 installer (mentioned/linked in this thread somewhere I think)
  5. Choose "Activate my Subscription" and give current Adobe credentials
  6. Launch FW from that newly installed file only (pin to taskbar)

Continues to work for me even after restart (so far)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2021 Sep 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there, I have the same issue and I've managed to ask for advice from Adobe. Try to install Muse application from Creative cloud desktop application and then try to open “Fireworks” and it should work.

I've done mine and it is working. The pop up disappear. Hope it helps.

Giselle F.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2022 Sep 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This worked for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 22, 2021 Sep 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same problem (also with FlashBuilder) - it started 2 weeks ago! Adobe, pls do something so we can use the tools we DO actually ACTIVELY pay for (Cloud!)....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - which OS? ... Do you see a button 'license this software' - if yes, try clicking it ....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi and thanks for actually getting back to me!

The issues I had encountered were the following until resolved:

- Fireworks started claiming it is a Trail Version out of the blue

- When Adobe Cloud App on Windows 10 was running, Fireworks was not able to connect to Adobe Services

- When I logged out and quit Adobe Cloud, Fireworks was actually able to connect

- Fireworks then asked me to provide a serial number, which I dont posses (Cloud license) and the support couldn't help either, since app was discontinued

- I then set "Admin" rights of application PDapp C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE\PDApp\core\PDapp.exe

- I deinstalled Fireworks and re-installed it again

- Problem solved

- I did NOT have to restart nor download the direct/standalone version from here: https://prodesigntools.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Paul-M Why can I not edit my posts? Making things clearer here then:

- I deinstalled Fireworks and re-installed it again EDIT: from Adobe Cloud App

- I did NOT have to restart EDIT: my PC as suggested nor download the direct/standalone version from here: https://prodesigntools.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines