Exit

HELP with animated gif errors

Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2023 Jun 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi and TIA for this

Used this program for years and never had a prob, til today

In creating animated gif I want to fade each state so it disappears and then reappears, 5 fade out, 5 fade back in.

yeah, nah....when i press duplicate state and alter the transparency, it copies that transparency to EVERY state!??
why??

please LMK how i can stop it doing that and just let me alter my transparency setting separtately without copying to every one

thanks!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 09, 2023 Jun 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once the state has been duplicated, can't you modify the transparency of the object?

Just in case, make sure you haven't added transparency to the layer, because then it could be common for each of the states depending on the build?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thats what I did before, what mine is doing instead is copying the
transparency into EVERY state (maybe a setting got messed up somewhere??)

So like 100%, 70%, 40%, 10% - when i change ANY of them in a different
state, it makes ALL of them the same value. All the same transparency
instead of having them different.

When I press PLAY they dont move or animate as they are all the same
transparency

ANy ideas? Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't duplicate this issue, are you on PC? I'm assuming you are as new versions of Mac don't support 32 bit apps. Are you setting the opacity in the Properties panel?  Click on each state and set the opacity as desired in the Properties panel, make sure in the Layers panel you keep the layer at 100%. opacity

Paul-M - Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For what I think, if FW's @OrangeLodge30367744w3d2 is running, is that it is not running under a non working OS... 🙂

and that is what was commenting @L e n a ... opâcity on object not on layer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well, it could be running on an older version of Mac, or on a a virtual machine on newer version of Mac, so it is good to clarify which OS.

Paul-M - Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I made the simple graphic and made 5 states
Went to each state and altered the transparency, different on each
BUT once i pressed play it didnt animate
So i checked and the altered trans went to EVERY state, not just the one I
changed...
settings off? Not sure how to fix this
thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 10, 2023 Jun 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Birnou_0-1686418043002.png

what's going on, please could you try the linked file... well, it's quite psychedelic, but even if you modify the core symbol, each state can still be set independently, duration, opacity, real time filter and so on...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 10, 2023 Jun 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was just about to prepare a test file, when I saw that @B i r n o u  posted one... I see you still have very good taste in your choice of illustrations and colors. 😉

@OrangeLodge30367744w3d2 how do you modify the graphics properties so that they affect each of the states. Be careful in FW if you have the states palette open, it's easy to select them all and affect each state... make sure you only have one state selected beforehand.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines