• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What is the alternative software for fireworks?

New Here ,
Feb 26, 2014 Feb 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fireworks was the best software i dealt with for webgraphics, and as of 2013 it won't be updated anymore, what is the alternative software that might replace it and gets updated?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 16, 2016 Nov 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Anissa, I but do have CS6 and still use it. It's just that I was under the impression that there were better alternatives when it comes to prototyping and designing responsive. I'm also looking for a better fit between designing and exporting to DW although I realise that's a different discussion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2018 Feb 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To see older versions now, the UI for Creative Cloud has added a Preference > Creative Cloud > Settings > Show Older Apps that must be enabled to see older versions of Adobe Apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 25, 2016 Nov 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still don't think there's anything better than Fireworks, I still love it !!!

Paul-M - Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2016 Dec 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was using Fireworks for batch resizing/optimization of PNG files.  It did a very good job of reducing the byte count.  Do any of Adobe's other titles do the job now?  Or, can anyone recommend a replacement?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Mar 07, 2018 Mar 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gravit Designer is the spiritual successor to Freehand and Fireworks. A group of developers decided years and years ago to develop a vector app similar to Freehand, and Gravit Designer is the result. No bitmap tools, but otherwise it feels very similar to Fireworks.

Download it for free or open the app directly in your browser!

Link:

Gravit Designer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2018 May 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am frustrated with Adobe dropping Fireworks as it has been my go-to tool for over ten years on Windows.

Thank you to all of the recommendations. I have checked out both Affinity Designer for Windows and Gravit Designer. Affinity Designer looks like the closest to Fireworks.

It is looking like I may have to cancel my Creative Cloud subscription as I Adobe's products are getting more and more bloated, seem to become slower and supporting customers is being less and less a priority.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2022 Aug 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May I ask as an old time user, have not delved back into this line of work for decades etc, I have a laptop with it installed, the latest version before the aftermath, but I would like to install on latest laptop...will it, just say no, do not support and not allow me to install?  Or has anyone successfully installed the program recently?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 27, 2022 Nov 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It most likely will not run on the latest macOS or Windows 11. Time to move on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 19, 2023 Feb 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It runs on Windows 11 - I have it running fine on two machines. Obviously you won't run Fireworks on 64 bit Mac OS's, in that scenario if the user really wants it, then a Virtual OS is the answer, some people have used Parallels Desktop for that

Paul-M - Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines