• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When trying to clean up old CC versions - fireworks was deleted and now can't find to reinstall

Community Beginner ,
Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an enterprise adobe account with access to the full adobe suite. I was upgrading my creative cloud apps on my laptop and saw that there were multiple versions of adobe apps installed: CS6, CC, CC2015, CC2018, and CC2020. I only wanted the latest version of the CC 2020 apps. When I went through and was uninstalling previous versions - not all versions were appearing in the list of apps in Creative cloud (I could see them in my list of applications on my mac though in finder). So I downloaded the AdobeCreativeCloudCleanerTool to help me remove some of those old versions that weren't appearing in the list of apps. This appeared to have worked for most of the old apps - except that it also deleted fireworks on me and I didn't want to delete that. When I open the Creative Cloud app on my desktop and click All Apps - fireworks is missing with no way for me to download it. However when I look at the list of available apps to me in my plan on the adobe website I can see that fireworks is on the list. How do I get it back? I use Fireworks almost every day for a variety of small quick tasks and need it back.

TOPICS
Download install and licensing , Error , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

I've seen people reporting errors like this before, have you searched the forums and Googled? Might be worth a look, here's one example :

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's an option in the Creative Cloud app (click the cog top right for preferences) > apps > 'show older apps' - are you on Windows or a Mac?

If you're still struggling you can download a Fireworks installer from here - make sure you follow the download instruction and visit this Adobe page first here before clicking the download link

show_oldr_apps_2020.jpg

Paul-M - Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on a mac and I have that option turned on, but I still don't see Fireworks in the list of available apps - even though when I view my account page it's listed as an app that is included in my plan: "See what’s included in your plan and find out how to contact your administrator if you need to make changes." When I try to search for it in the Creative Cloud app - the results are either - no application found, or stock photos of fireworks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is the setting on and the other 2 screenshots show that it should be available, but that it isn't listed when I go to the download page.

show older apps on.pngfireworks app included.pnglist of apps to download missing fireworks.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all, you need an older operating system that can support 32-bit apps.  Fireworks will never run on mac OS Catalina.  It's too old.

Secondly, if you're on a Teams/Enterprise plan, you'll need to special request a Fireworks package from your IT dept admin.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm guessing you've upgraded to Catalina at some point? It doesn't support 32 bit apps so you wouldn't be able to install/run Fireworks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not running catalina - specfically for that reason. I'm only on mojave.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have sufficient permissions to download and install using an offline Fireworks installer from here ?

I'm on Windows and Fireworks only appears in the 'All Apps' section of the Creative Cloud app, (towards the bottom).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I tried that link the fireworks installer failed because it was the old version (and my OS has a newer version of java installed or something so it failed). On mine it's missing from the All Apps section on the creative cloud app - even though when I view what is included it my plan it lists it there. If I search for it in the creative cloud app it says no results (or shows stock photos of fireworks).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screenshot of the error when attempting to install with the offline installer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have the latest CC Desktop App?  I have that on auto update.  My current version is 5.2.1.411. See screenshot.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when I try to install I get this error with no way to get adobe advisor

Screen Shot 2020-08-18 at 3.00.10 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen people reporting errors like this before, have you searched the forums and Googled? Might be worth a look, here's one example :

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 21, 2020 Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am going to check out the link to see if I can get it to work to install. Photoshop is overkill, and time consuming to use for the tasks I use Fireworks for (redlines for projects). Additionally, I have years worth of old mockups that are layered png files that I need to be able to open for reference on occassion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NOTE:  Fireworks was built to run on macOS Mountain Lion.

https://helpx.adobe.com/fireworks/system-requirements.html

Fireworks is discontinued, un-supported and hasn't been updated in more than a dog's age.  Ideally, you should keep a 2nd computer/volume on hand with an older operating system and JAVA runtime that's compatible with legacy CS5 & CS6 apps.   Otherwise, switch to a modern graphics editor like Photoshop or stand alone Photoshop Elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

People still want to use is, and are still using it on Mac platforms (except Catalina).  You're opinion and pointing to the fact it is no longer receiving updates is immaterial. You'll be marking your answer correct next for some more brownie points!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sarcasm aside if you have a better answer we'd love to hear it, Paul. 

The fact is, Windows users have a much easier time running legacy apps than Mac users do. If you have a 2nd machine with Windows on it, give it a try. 

Apple expects their customers to have the latest OS and modern compatible software.  They don't care about maintaining backwards compatibility and never have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anything's better , if that's all you've got offer.

The OP obviously wants to get FW up and running again and has already stated he isn't running Catalina and had Fireworks running on that very same OS up until recently when he removed it by accident with the cleaner tool ... So therefore you talking about Fireworks being unsupported blah blah blah is totally irrelevant....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the link - it did work following the suggestions here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/download-install/installer-failed-to-initialize/td-p/9692327?page=1 - I installed from the terminal and it reinstalled. Thank you thank you!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

👍👍👍👍👍

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not running catlina. I'm on mojave. I updated my adobe apps and then used the adobe cleaner tool to clean up the multiple versions of older apps (it was during this cleanup that the adobe tool removed fireworks - even though I had not selected it to be removed). I already have permission to install fireworks - it's part of the enterprise package we have and it was on my machine and working prior to running the adobe cleanup tool. My IT person just says to click the "show older apps" and fireworks will be there for me to download - except it's not and I already have that checkbox selected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines