• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Flash 10.2 Issue - YouTube Black Screen of Death!!

New Here ,
Mar 15, 2011 Mar 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My computer runs Windows 7, 64 bit OS, and FireFox.

The problem is that whenever I go to YouTube and try to watch a video, there is just a black screen where the video should be playing. Video and audio do not work.

Can anyone help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 16, 2011 Mar 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi To all having  Flash Player/Youtube issues. Just a word to the wise:

Best to ignore Post #53. This person is just copying and pasting the same thing on many Flash Player threads and it won't "fix" anything.

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/forum/ie9-windows_7/no-video-in-ie9/7c532ebd-0950-e011-8dfc-68...

I guess the happy users in the above forum did not see your memo...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OP here with a final post.

The only thing still that worked for me was doing the "https" method (for FireFox 4 beta). And it stays there for all the videos I have been watching. Hopefully it will stay this way for good.

Another note, just if anyone was wondering, I do NOT have a problem watching videos on YouTube with IE9.

Thanks for everyones support and I hope this helped everyone out! Thanks to the pros as well!

Peace

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 17, 2011 Mar 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mkp0203, I bet you never thot you'd have such a following:-) I wonder if the "https" is peculiar to the FF beta. Don't know, but if that's working for you that's great too. I can't remember at the moment if the person that posted this said it came from Mozilla or not. If so, then I'm sure they are in touch with Adobe and Youtube.

If not, then they would be interested in hearing about this, I'm sure.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2011 Mar 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue in Chrome.  I am using an AdBlock extension.  There is an option for this extension to "Block ads inside YouTube videos".  I unchecked that option and all works as it should now.  Might want to check that out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2011 Mar 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right click on the black box where the video is and click global settings. Next increase global storage to unlimited. Also, increase file storage to unlimited. You may want to right click on video and click on settings (this may be grayed out). If it is black, then choose display settings. Uncheck the box that says enable accelerated video or something like that (I cannot remember). The increase in storage size to unlimited in the Adobe Global settings worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2011 Mar 19, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mkp0203,

Did you see my posting #67 and #68 on my solution to the problem?  Basically if you run any browser except IE you should download the alternative browser Flash Update.  Maybe you already discovered this solution.

My problem was trying to use my IE8 with You Tube videos.  Complete screen goes black and freezes my system.  I now run Safari or Chrome with the Alternative Flash Update Plug In and use the IE version ActiveX for one of my other software programs.  Everything is good.

Hope this helps or you already solved your problem.

Thanks,

newsguy64

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 21, 2011 Mar 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,   Well we have a new version of Flash Player. http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/

PlatformBrowserPlayer version
WindowsInternet Explorer (and other browsers that support Internet Explorer ActiveX controls and plug-ins)10.2.153.1
WindowsFirefox, Mozilla, Netscape, Opera (and other plugin-based browsers)10.2.153.1
Macintosh - OS XFirefox, Opera, Safari10.2.153.1
LinuxMozilla, Firefox, SeaMonkey10.2.153.1
Windows, LinuxChrome10.2.154.25
Macintosh - OS XChrome10.2.154.25
SolarisMozilla10.2.153.1

Copyright © 1996 - 2011 Adobe Systems Incorporated. All rights reserved.

All Firefox users, I hear FF4 coming out tonight or tomorrw!!  IE9 just out, it's going to be fun

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey eidnolb,

Sooooo....you are saying with uninstalling the previous Flash build and install this new one for IE8 my computer should not go black screen and crash. Right?  Because I am a little reluctant to load the new build and try to watch You Tube. lol

Just checking,

newsguy64

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi newsguy64, Well, it appears this is Security, not the one that would pertain to FP/Youtube.

Here is the Security Info:

http://www.adobe.com/support/security/bulletins/apsb11-05.html      This 3/21/11 FP Update includes Android also & Air

http://www.adobe.com/support/security/bulletins/apsb11-06.html      This 3/21/11 Update  Reader & Acrobat

Read that over to see if it applies. I haven't read all of the info yet.

Ok, need to make this short.(phone calls)

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2011 Apr 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

eidnolb,

Well, I see you're still at it...8,000+ posts.  Keep up the good work, folks appreciate it.

So if I'm understanding you correctly, you are of the opinion that these current FP upgrades are just a security upgrade?  That you don't think they will interfere with Firefox and the ability to see You Tube videos, is that correct?

Have you heard from any FF users that have installed the update as to the effect of You Tube video?

Thanks,

spin45

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Spin45, Pinoll, the person that posted before you started his own thread and solved his own problem, LOL I commented that I try not to respond to this thread since it was answered etc. But I'll make an exception since it's you:-)

Oh, I know I'm still at it! Glad my old XP workhorse and IE6 is up to it, Ha-Ha.

Well, what I've seen regarding the FF4.0 is that some users are having a problem with FF4.0, not necessarily Youtube related.

The Shockwave Flash plugin for the browser won't Install or it is Installed and won't work with Flash Player on any website. Or some websites it is working and not others. Some can't use the Global Settings. Some have all Flash files Installed correctly and the SWF plugin is Installed and still doesn't work. Checked everything that would conflict and nothing working. A couple Uninstalled FF4.0 and that fixed it. Another Uninstalled FF4.0 and rolled back to 3.6.16. FF even has it up on their site(due to many complaints) that FF 3.6.16 will be available for a time.

Seems like the issue is getting FF4.0 to just work:-) Once that's done, we'll probably hear about Youtube issues, LOL

I was over there today(FF) and searched FF 4.0 not working or something similar and 334 posts came up.  IE9/IE8 is working, but FF4.0 isn't.

A twist on hardware acceleration: This person is not happy that h.a. is NOT working when Enabled! A comment from Chris Campbell from the FP Team responded. There has been a change on Youtubes side. http://forums.adobe.com/thread/830649?tstart=0

Nice to "see" you, gotta go,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2011 Jun 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is happen on IE8 and Google Chrome

I get it a Lulu, Youtube, and Huffington post embeded videos

I am running Win7 32 on a DELL XPS 1730 built to the max

This started shortly after last update of version 10

screen goes black and almost immediately no sound

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have the same problem, only worse.  My black screen says I need to update my Flash Player.  Have uninstalled old version and now cannot even download the 10.2 version.  Am using IE9 and Windows 7.  Fortunately Google Chrome has FP  inbedded and it works. Based on all the responses in this thread it might be easier to use only Google Chrome and look for a substitute for Flash Player!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines