Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Flash 9.0.124.0Not working

Apr 26, 2008 Apr 26, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello: I just decided to upgrade Adobe flash player to 901240 by uninstalling the old version via adobe uninstaller!
Everything seemed to install great. In the add/remove programs, I now have the Adobe Flash player Active X 9.0.124.0 and the Adobe Flash Player Plugin 9.0.124.0
My problem is I go to "You Tube" and it states >>> Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Adobe's Flash Player. Get the latest Flash player here.
I do not have Java Script turned off and I do have the latest Adobe Flash player installed.
I am using Internet Explorer 7 and firefox browsers, any suggestions please, Thanks

PS: It worked fine before the upgrade

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 28, 2008 Apr 28, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried everthing at least twice. I am ready now to get my 4 lb hammer to force feed my computer flashplayer.
Logically, The registry would be the first item to fix. I did this both with the subalc with reset_minimal.zip. Had problems with both but finally got them in the same directory and ran them, watched the cmd screen run the prgm. Nothing worked. So I manually did the registry, hit the flash9util as admn still nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing the same problem - have tried several times to uninstall and redownload. my ISP is by satellite. I am running XP and using IE 7. Can anyone help me figure out why Adobe flash player 901240 will not work on my computer? Appreciate any input.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my case it is Solved. What happen was I use IE7 and Firefox with IE7 and in firefox the Java Script was turned off and that affected my regular IE7 too, I simply turned it back on and now everything is ok, Dont know about your situation, but check out to see if your Java Script is turned on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am only running IE 7, how do I turn Java Script on? Under tools, Internet Options, Advanced, I find no mention of JAVA, just script debugging. Can you explain it to me. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Scroll way down to Scripting

To enable or disable JavaScript, follow these steps:

1. From the Tools menu, choose Internet Options... .

2. Click the Security tab.

3. Click Custom Level... .

4. Scroll to the "Scripting" section of the list. Click Disable or Enable.

5. Close and restart your browser.
Hope this helps, let me know ok?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't work! when I go to the security tab, and click custom level, there is no Scripting section in the list -- only Permission with manifest and hi safety is checked and something config not signed which is engaged, and another about the same which is engaged. I cannog get Adobe Flash to work with hgtvpro.com contest link or several other sites that use Adobe Flash --- Anyone got any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try the following. If you have questions or get stuck, send me a 'private message' with your full name and contact info.

The number one reason that the ActiveX installer fails to install on IE are due to incorrect permissions in the system registry. We have solved hundreds of these Windows system permissions with Microsoft’s SubInACL tool.

Note: This is strictly for Windows IE, these issues do not occur on other browsers such as Firefox.

www.firefox.com

To fix these Windows system registry permission conflicts you can use Microsoft’s SubInACL tool.

Warning: The following solution involves the Windows System Registry. Editing or manipulating the registry incorrectly can result in serious system damage which may require re-installation of the operating system. If you are not comfortable editing the registry, then take your system to a professional. If you choose to proceed, then it is essential that you create a complete system backup and a Windows System Restore Point before proceeding.

Please download Microsoft’s tool to your desktop.

http://www.supportflash.com/reset_min.zip

1. Login as the User that has the incorrect permissions in the system registry

2. unzip the “reset_minimal.cmd” and the “subinacl.exe” to the desktop

*** Make sure both files are on the desktop

3. Close out all applications

4. Run the “reset.cmd” file

5. It will open a DOS like terminal and start running through registry keys

6. When it is finished it will say “press any key to continue”

7. At this point you can download the latest Flash Player from here:

www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer

Important Note: These online forums are for user-to-user discussions of Adobe products, and are not an official customer support channel for Adobe. If you require direct assistance, or prefer to contact Adobe support staff directly, please contact Adobe support.

http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I share the same problem. Tried everything but changing the registry.Had Norton help. Been at this for the last week. Gave up and am using AOL to look for a new car which uses flash for its website. I wish this fix was easy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2008 May 01, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried installing Flashplayer as per Darren McNally's instructions re "reset.cmd". It did not work. I managed to get the Flashplayer icon on my desktop but underneath it says "install flashplayer" and I still can't watch anything on Youtube. It worked before with the old Flashpalyer which I uninstalled and then tried to install the upgrade. Any suggestions.
Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue with Youtube. I did follow all the instructions that I found on the net, but nothing is working (only happens with IE).

At this point I wod like to resolve the problem as soon as possible,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like ulost, I've tried just about everything I can find on this board. From that which Darren just mentioned, to reinstalling the upgrade several times. I've even tried installing an older version to see if it will work. Then upgraded from it's interface when prompted. On sites that use flash content, the location on the page is plain as the white background I use. I can right click in that area and it shows a button bar on which the only working link is "About Adobe Flash Player 9..." If I click this link it just takes me to the dowload site for flash player. Which by the way doesn't work either. If I click "Agree and Install Now" I just start a eternal loop that keeps bringing me back to that same page. I'm sick of this program not working since I made the mistake of trying to upgrade it to 9.0.115. I thought that 9.0.124 would fix everything. It hasn't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 29, 2008 Apr 29, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

If needed, please send me a private message with full name, email and phone number and I can try to help you resolve these issues. After we figure out what the problem is, we can include the resolution on this forum post.

The ‘Send Private Message’ option is on the left panel of the forum page.

Please do not try to fix this issue with a 4 lb hammer.

Important Note: These online forums are for user-to-user discussions of Adobe products, and are not an official customer support channel for Adobe. If you require direct assistance, or prefer to contact Adobe support staff directly, please contact Adobe support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

actually the hammer techniique sounds great, but i wouldnt smash your computer. mentally smash the new flash player with it. between me and my 5 closest friiends we all have the same problem and it didnt happen until we downloaded the new flash player. i cant imagine how many other are in the same shape because of your bug. after downloading the flash player removal tool i reverted back to my older flash player after deleting everything else but now it is acting disfunctional.

you are obligated to find a solution.
i suggest, get after it.
im tired of rebooting because my laptop freezes up.
never had a problem with it until ........

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Darren,
I couldn't use the option for private message.
I follow the instruccions but, it didn't work. Actually the reset.cmd didn't update any records.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 30, 2008 Apr 30, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Marisol Fajardo,

The reset.cmd and SubInACL need to be in the same directory in order for it to run correctly and fix these Windows permission issues. If you are unable to send a ‘Private Message’ please create a case via Adobe Support and reply to this post with a case number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 30, 2008 Apr 30, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Flash plays fine on other sites with the exception of youtube.com please see the instructions from youtube to help resolve this issue, especially the following three steps:

1. Temporarily disable popup blocking software installed on your computer to test.
2. Allow YouTube.com as a trusted site in your Firewall software.
3. Ensure other applications like Quicktime, iTunes, Real Player, or Windows Media Player aren’t set as the default streaming application, as this might affect the video player.

http://www.google.com/support/youtube/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=57669

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2008 May 02, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is what I have found with this issue. It's not just on youtube, it's on anything that requires flash when bringing up the site. For example, pizzahut.com, wwe.com.

Here is what I did, I reinstalled the player, works great until I restart my machine. (Core2 Quad HP with Vista Premium). Once I restart the puter, all the sites that have flash will ask me to install flash but when you go to your programs, it's there.

Darren, is this just a problem with Vista machines?

Thanks for your help?

Dave Yaeck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2008 May 03, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I think I have the same problem. I'm trying to run Safari and Firefox on an old PPC mac. It all started when a Dora game wouldn't work for the kids. Prompted me to download Flash even though I was pretty sure it was already installed on the kids computer. How not? I download the latest and the process seemed to go smoothly. I have a new Flash plug-in in the library folder, just where you would expect (date modified: just an hour ago). But now nothing works. The kids are stricken with horror. I hope this gets fixed. At any rate, it seems to be a Mac problem, not just Vista.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 05, 2008 May 05, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quote:

Originally posted by: Yaeckman
Here is what I have found with this issue. It's not just on youtube, it's on anything that requires flash when bringing up the site. For example, pizzahut.com, wwe.com.

Here is what I did, I reinstalled the player, works great until I restart my machine. (Core2 Quad HP with Vista Premium). Once I restart the puter, all the sites that have flash will ask me to install flash but when you go to your programs, it's there.

Darren, is this just a problem with Vista machines?

Thanks for your help?

Dave Yaeck

Hi Dave,

As far as I know, this specific issue that you are referring to (Restarting the OS kills FP) is isolated to Vista. I have not heard of this issue on XP or a Mac. I am unable to reproduce on my Vista machine. After installing and restarting it continues to work. So in order for me to investigate, can you create a free support case and we can work on this?

Please start the case here:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2008 May 06, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't work! when I go to the security tab, and click custom level,
video izle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 02, 2008 May 02, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also use IE and firefox. When I go to the download page and try to click the agree and install button, it acts like it is going to do something and then never does anything. I have uninstalled all adobe flash programs, plugins, etc. and tried to reinstall. sais it's there but nothing works. I am personally trying to view stuff on MTV.com Even on there it gives you a link to download and it doesnt ever do anything.
My system has never worked so I tried to upgrade, didnt do me any good, I had the same message from mtv that the youtube message says.
HELP!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2008 May 03, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just solved the Mac problem. It turns out there was already info here:

http://www.adobe.com/go/4aa64290

I uninstalled, then repaired permissions using Disk Utility and it worked fine. I don't know why the new version of Flash messed up my permissions, but it would appear my issue was different than whatever is plaguing the other inhabitants of this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines