• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Flash for Ipad pro

New Here ,
Sep 09, 2018 Sep 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently spent a lot of money for what I thought would be the perfect tool for my daughter to use in her freshman year of college. I purchased IPad pro and there is no availability of flash for this device. Why? every single assignment and video requires it for her to submit or review or etc. What is the work around why can it not be done? I have a 1100 dollar mistake that can not be reversed on my hands!

TOPICS
OS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Sep 09, 2018 Sep 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You still can use Puffin, a browser that support Flash on IOS and Android

https://www.puffinbrowser.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2018 Sep 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much this is the quick fix for the problem I had no idea how to correct. There is still a few issues but at least she can read her material she just has to submit tests on a desktop! Your a life saver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Man, you're a genius. Thanks a lot 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2020 Sep 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for that, solved my issue too. 🙏🖐

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The original cause was that Apple said no. Apple said "there will not be Flash on our mobile devices" and since they control everything through the app store, that was that. You will find many, many differences: iPads are nice things, but they can't run a lot of the apps and things people expect. However, they are very popular with students. Because of this, it's unusual for schools to still be using Flash (which in any case is being closed down in 2020.) Are you quite sure Flash is needed in this case?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

University itself is not using flash. However the  e-books And all of the testing requires flash. Some of the e-books have apps and until yesterday she had to use the school computers to do half of her assignments and that kind of is counterintuitive to having one computer that has all of her work. Puffin is a god sent

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, you're basically stuck with Puffin.

If that doesn't cut it, you could get a Chromebook, which *does* support Flash Player, in the neighborhood of $250.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish I would’ve known this before purchasing the iPad Pro. Problem is I listened to the college when they said they used apple products and it would be best. A month later and it isn’t and it’s outside of the return time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the only advice I can say to you is never trust man....

rather, do yourself the tests, learn and choose the best for you which will be surely good for your daughter.

computers, whatever brand or price are like a car. I doubt you will buy a Porsche just to make your grocery...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 11, 2018 Sep 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, an actual Apple laptop would have worked fine.  The iPad is basically just a big phone, and iOS (the phone operating system) offers far less flexibility.  Apple has ultra-portable laptop options like the Macbook Air that would have been easy to carry around and provided adequate flexibility in terms of software support.  (I went back to school recently and I found that many of the math classes still relied on Java applets, which would also require a laptop to use...)

Given that you've shelled out a lot of money already, I have a couple suggestions:

• Walmart and Amazon sell refurbished Apple hardware if you want to look for a 2-3 year old Macbook
  • You can buy a decent Chromebook for $250, which would run Flash Player
  • You can buy a decent Windows 10 laptop for $450, which would give her a lot of flexibility to run software
  • Make her use the computer lab.  Most schools have open-access labs in the library.  It's included in tuition, so it's effectively free.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines