• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After I delete Flash Player....

New Here ,
Dec 26, 2020 Dec 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand I need to delete Flash Player from my system. But I'm not very knowledgable about it and want to understand better. What does Flash Player do? More importantly, *how will I get that done once I've deleted it*?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 31, 2020 Dec 31, 2020

Very few websites use Flash content anymore.

Google embeds Flash Player in Chrome and will be issuing an update soon that removes the embedded version of Flash Player, and thus removes support for Flash Player.

Microsoft embeds Flash Player in IE and Edge (as of windows 8) and will be issuing an update removes the embedded version of Flash Player, and thus removes support for Flash Player.

To uninstall the non-embedded version of Flash Player, run the standalone uninstaller:

Mac: https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-mac-os.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 26, 2020 Dec 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't worry.  Nothing important uses Flash Player anymore.  Chances are you'll never miss it. 

The Flash Player plugin was required at one time to play Flash-based games and apps on some old websites.  Flash content creators had 3 years notice this was coming so most Flash content has been replaced with newer HTML5 content that can be viewed in ANY browser.  No special viewers needed, hurray!

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 30, 2020 Dec 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash player is for millions if not billions of types of content. It does everything under the sun just about. Through the years its been attacked and is mostly for games and animated videos now. If you never saw something like a game, video, or image that didnt work on your mobile device you will likely never notice its missing. Unless you have issues with a truly massive part of the early internet being killed.

Flash Player lets flash files run on your browser. Or on a standalone flash player outside of your browser.

To learn about how to have continued access to flash look here.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/flash-player/psa-playing-flash-after-2020/td-p/11716613

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 31, 2020 Dec 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Very few websites use Flash content anymore.

Google embeds Flash Player in Chrome and will be issuing an update soon that removes the embedded version of Flash Player, and thus removes support for Flash Player.

Microsoft embeds Flash Player in IE and Edge (as of windows 8) and will be issuing an update removes the embedded version of Flash Player, and thus removes support for Flash Player.

To uninstall the non-embedded version of Flash Player, run the standalone uninstaller:

Mac: https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-mac-os.html

Windows: https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-windows.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines