• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Am I wasting my time? Is this fixable?

New Here ,
Dec 06, 2011 Dec 06, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just found a site saying I need to update my flashplayer.  I attempt to do so.  I am linked to the website, download the update, launch it and I'm told it won't work on my Mac... I should look for an old one in archives. 

I already have a version of Flashplayer...

I've been told I need an update.

Things won't play without it.

I try to contact Adobe - even looked at the phone option - "Not Available".  And not an email address in site.

I am running a Mac - Powerbook G4  OS 10.5 

Thanks for any help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FlashPlayer 11 requires an Intel processor as part of the system requirements.  You can review the technical requirements at http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/tech-specs.html.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Subject: Re: [Downloading, Installing, Setting Up] Am I wasting my time? Is this fixable?

Hi Jeff,
This doesn't help me with the notice the "I need to update" Flashplayer to make functions work. 
Okay.. Let me ask.
I have a Powerbook G4 Running OS 10.5 (which Apple forced me to upgrade to, so I could get the "free" update for my phone).   What is the Bestest Version of Flashplayer for my computer - and with it.. Will I have function of websites again?
  Thank you for your time.
P

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

P2Curtis, it is unlikely you will be able to view content which is requiring an update as it is most likely utilizing the new features with Flash Player 11.  You can certainly contact the creators of the content and request they make it available with an older version of Flash Player.

For older version of Flash player I would recommend you review Archived Flash Player versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff A. Wright, by your replies, it appears you feel this question to be a waste of your time, I am sorry.  However, I question the good it will do to review Archived Flash Players, I believe what I have is the most up to date version, which is why I asked for the best one (so I can see if it is). 

Thank you for your help. 

P

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

p2curtis the document has a listing of system requirements and links to the older versions of Flash player.  We have updated the Flash player for not only new features but also for security enhancements.  Thus I can not make an official recommendation for an older version of Flash Player for you to use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines