• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Apple sales lizards tell me...

New Here ,
Aug 15, 2011 Aug 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to visit an Apple store on Saturday to check a site I have just built to find out what parts don't work on the iPad

I was wingeing, as I always do, about the fact that I spent a huge amount of time learning Flash, and now all my clients want their web sites built without Flash, and the sales lizard informed me that Adobe had decided to replace Flash with another programe that will in essence work to the designer exactly the same as Flash but will create jacascript/HTML 5.

Is this true? I couldn't find any mention of it on the Adobe web site, but then to be fair it's not the easiest web site to use. I had hoped that since Blackberry and others are shouting about how their products have Flash that the git Jobs would be forced to 'allow' Flash to be used on the iPads/iPhones to be competitive.

I haven't found a REAL alternative to flash for hosting video with out using YouTube grrr.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 15, 2011 Aug 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This might be what he was referring to: http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/edge/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines