Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ATTENTION MAC CUSTOMERS - Flash Player 13 "Plugin Failure" Solution

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 10, 2014 Apr 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update 4/16

I'm pleased to announce that Flash Player 13.0.0.201 for Mac is now available from http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer.  This release resolves the crash described in this thread.  As noted below, you can either download this immediately from adobe.com or wait for the update to be applied automatically, within 24 hours, via our recommended auto update mechanism.  If you encounter any problems updating, please visit http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html for basic troubleshooting steps.

We are aware that Macs created between 2006 and 2008 are currently running into problems using the latest release of Flash Player (version 13).  We apologize for the inconvenience that this is causing.  We are actively investigating the cause and hope to have a full solution to you shortly.  In the meantime, please follow this two step procedure which will revert you back to version 12.

1. Download and run our uninstaller:
    http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/support/uninstall_flash_player_osx.dmg
  2. Download and run the version 12 installer from*:
    http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/licensing/mac/install_flash_player_12_osx.d...

After installing Flash Player, you might be presented again with our update dialog.  You have a couple of choices to deal with this. 

I recommend simply clicking the red close button on the dialog's title bar to dismiss the dialog.  This dialog will show up once every 7 days or until we update you silently and automatically with the fixed version (45 days maximum).

The other option is to change the notification option during the install to "Never check for updates (not recommended)."  This will suppress the dialog completely.  At some point in the near future Safari will block the old version of Flash Player and you'll be prompted to reinstall the new version of Flash (with the fix).  When that happens you can return to the automatic update selection.

I will continue to update this thread and post to twitter (@liquidate) when new information is available.

Update 4/10:

We have determined that this problem is due to a compiler update in our build infrastructure that exposed a long-standing bug in a Mac system library.  Flash Player now attempts to use CPU instructions that are not available on a subset of supported Mac hardware from 2006 to 2007.  None of the machines in our compatibility labs are affected, so the issue didn't show up in our testing, but we were able to track down a machine that reproduces the issue yesterday.  We're actively working on a fix and I'll update this post again once we have more information.

Update 4/11

Our developers have found a fix for this issue and our quality assurance team will be testing this new build out over the weekend.  If everything looks good, we'll work on how and when we'll get this deployed. 

Update 4/14

Testing over the weekend went well and no new issues were found.  We're now working with our deployment teams to get this out to all Mac users.  If the testing and web staging go as planned, we expect that we'll have this update available for download on Wednesday, April 16th.  If you have the Flash Player update mechanism (found in the Advanced tab of the Flash Player system preference panel) set to "Allow Adobe to install updates (recommended)" then you will receive the update within 24 hours of the release being made available.  Customers that have the option set to "Notify me to install updates" will get a notification dialog within 7 days.  We will also make this update available for download though http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer.  I'll post again if we run into any snags or when the update is made available.

Update 4/16

I'm pleased to announce that Flash Player 13.0.0.201 for Mac is now available from http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer.  This release resolves the crash described in this thread.  As noted above, you can either download this immediately from adobe.com or wait for the update to be applied automatically, within 24 hours, via our recommended auto update mechanism.  If you encounter any problems updating, please visit http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html for basic troubleshooting steps.

*If copying and pasting the URL from step 2, please note that the forum software is putting a space after "mac".  Please manually remove this space or click on the link to start the download. If you do need to copy the link you can Right-Click or Control-Click on the link and select Copy.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 116 Replies 116
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2014 Apr 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did everything you said and was able to install flash.

When I went to the web page that requires Flash it would not open!!!

L

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 17, 2014 Apr 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dolphin100, which browsers have you tried?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2014 Apr 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac OS X 10.8.5
Safari 6.1.3

I Updated to April 16, 2014 Adobe Flash Player 13 and all I get is a "hang." Videos begin, stop, begin stop…then hang.

I then properly Unistalled April 16, 2014 Adobe Flash Player 13 and re-Installed Adobe Flash Player 12—I get the SAME problem(s) as above.

What do I do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2014 Apr 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris,

13.0.0.201 install aborts with "Unable to install". I did the uninstall before attempting the install. I am running Mavericks 10.9.2 on a Mid-2007 iMac.

Has 13.0.0.201 been tested on Mid-2007 iMacs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2014 Jun 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought my macbook pro in december 2009.  Running 10.6.8.  I'm now getting "plug-in failure" every hour or so.  But system preferences tells me I've got Adobe version:  13.0.0.214 installed.  Is that the latest version?  What else can I do?  Is it possible an older version wan't removed properly first?  Many thanks . . .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 08, 2014 Jun 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SO SO frustrated.  PLEASE help!  I have uninstalled, reinstalled, uninstalled, reinstalled, update my MAC, uninstalled, rebooted, etc.  I cannot get YOUTUBE to work.  It keeps giving me the same error.  What in the world am I doing wrong?????  😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 08, 2014 Jun 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Danigurl,

The only information I can gather from your post is that you're new to the Mac.  Your typing "MAC" for Mac gives you away. 

It's amazing how many recent posters seem to be under the misconception that there are clairvoyants and mind readers among the forum contributors.

Here's my one-click boilerplate reply:

If you give complete and detailed information about your setup and the issue at hand, such as your platform (Mac or Win), exact versions of your OS, of Photoshop and of Bridge, machine specs, what troubleshooting steps you have taken so far, what error message(s) you receive, if having issues opening raw files also the exact camera make and model that generated them, etc., someone may be able to help you.

Please read this FAQ for advice on how to ask your questions correctly for quicker and better answers:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/419981?tstart=0

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2014 Jun 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 2011 mac. I did the most recent update after getting plug in failure while trying to upload photos to shutterfly. Still received plug in failure. I uninstalled flash player and installed version 12. Still didn't work. Tried doing the "Fixed" update. Still receiving plug in failure. Help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 22, 2014 Jun 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All essential information is missing from your post.

What is the exact version of your Mac OS X?

What are your machine specs?

Please read this FAQ for advice on how to ask your questions correctly for quicker and better answers: 

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/419981?tstart=0

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2014 Aug 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on a late 2012 Mini Mac,

Processor  2.3 GHz Intel Core i7,

Memory  16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3,

Graphics  Intel HD Graphics 4000,

Software  OS X 10.9.4 (13E28)

Safari Version 7.0.5 (9537.77.4)

I am getting the same plug in failure on youtube. I have run the unistaller and then installed V.12 flash, and now have plug in out of date. I could not find in my browser where I am suppose to ignore that message. After reading on in the forum it stated that the new version 13 had fixed these errors, i installed this version and still have the same problem.

Regards, Michel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2014 Aug 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still not working, even after downloading and installing June 5th installer #14

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 15, 2014 Aug 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems like buying the elephantine Macromedia for the sake of gaining control of Flash was not a good move.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2014 Aug 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am so frustrated. The flash installer is greyed out in my downloads folder. I downloaded the uninstaller and it is greyed out and so won’t open. I have repeated this several times. So now what. Bunch of stuff I need Flash for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2014 Aug 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wondering if there is a fix for this on Windows 8??? This crashing every couple of minutes is driving me crazy  - I can't get my work done 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 09, 2014 Sep 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello,

You're posting a Windows 8 question on a Mac forum thread.  Please begin a new thread with your Windows 8 issue.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its worth noting that when you download Adobe for Mac the file size is quoted on the Adobe site as being 15.7mb but the file size which lands in the downloads file is only 1.2mb

I spent some time on the phone to Mac, tried all the recommendations then they pointed this out. So its worth trying a clean install and downloading from another site. I would advise anyone downloading Adobe Flash who has problems to check the size of the file in their downloads folder. Adobe need to sort this out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

The online installer file is 1.2 MB. This online installer in turn downloads the full installer silently and installs it silently.  Please do not download Flash Player from other sites.  The only official Flash Player installers are downloaded from the Adobe website, and quite often installers from other sites are packaged with malware. 

This thread has gotten very long with comments that are most likely no longer relevant to the original post, which was for a Flash Player crash, not installation issues. Please begin a new thread with your issue as it is the best way to get direct assistance.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines