Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Black screen on facebook and youtube

New Here ,
Apr 29, 2015 Apr 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've recently started having an issue with the playback of videos on facebook (which do not work at all now) and youtube (where videos will sometimes work). My main browser is Chrome where the video screen goes black, sound still works. I also seem to have the same issue with Internet Explorer but not all the time as with Chrome, in Explorer the screen can also go green instead of black.

Player version 17,0,0,169, Shockwave Flash 17.0 r0 - on the plugins page set to active

Windows 8.1

Chrome 42.0.2311.90

Internet Explorer 11

When I right click info about the video on facebook it will only show me that Im using the player version 17,0,0,169  or "about HTML5 player". Cache cleared up and updates should be up to date. So Im at a loss here. Any suggestions and help is very much apprechiated! Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 11, 2015 May 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Please try out following steps and if it helps

1.Please work through the below guide.

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/video-playback-issues.html

Follow the directions in the guide on providing the dxdiag report and additional information about what you tested and observed.

2. disable hardware acceleration in settings.Steps are mentioned in below link

How do I disable or enable hardware acceleration?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines