• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

blank screen in gaming room with a red x in a box

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2009 Apr 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

trying to play games on a site, some of them i can, and others no, and this happens on several gaming sites, i get a blank screen where the game should be loading, and it has a red x in a box, have downloaded shockwave, adobe flash player, and java, all the newest versions, have reduced the security on the computer, even shut down the firewall, cleaned out the cookies, ect, ect, i also have uninstalled these, and re-installed, if anyone has any help with this i would greatly appreciate it, been trying to figure this out for almost 2 weeks, have vista, and IE 7, thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 21, 2009 Apr 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First let's try to see if Flash Player is correctly installed.

When you go to this site http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/ - can you see the Flash animation?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it came up saying flash player was installed correctly, i have also done this for java, said it is loaded properly also, i read some place that i might need the java plug in, but not sure, thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You may have a problem with old JRE (Java Runtime Environment) versions remaining on your system. Uninstall all old versions from Control Panel | Add/Remove Programs, then install the latest JRE Version 6 Update 13. This will also install the Java plugin for all browsers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines