Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash 11 crashing in all browsers

Oct 07, 2011 Oct 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having nothing but problems with this. I usually use Chrome as my internet browser (on Mac OS X 10.6.8), and I kept getting "This plugin has crashed: Shockwave Flash". At first I thought it was just a problem with Chrome, but it is happening in every browser. I disabled it in Chrome, and reinstalled it, and re-enabled it, and it is still not workin. I think I've removed it / reinstalled it four times already and it keeps having the same problem. Any time I go on a website with flash media (youtube, a site with a music player of somesort, google ads that have flash, etc), it gives me a crash report.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Nov 10, 2011 Nov 10, 2011

The original post issue, crash all browser on Mac, was fixed in latest Flash Player (11.1.102.55) through this bug report:

https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3003022

Thank you for all who helped to provide us information here and the bug report. We could have fix the bug just because you provided accurate information. We really appreciate your comments, reports, and help here.

thanks,

Hitomi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

from Andybwah

Hardware Overview:

Model Name:          iMac

Model Identifier:          iMac11,1

Processor Name:          Intel Core i5

Processor Speed:          2.66 GHz

Number Of Processors:          1

Total Number Of Cores:          4

L2 Cache (per core):          256 KB

L3 Cache:          8 MB

Memory:          8 GB

Processor Interconnect Speed:          4.8 GT/s

Boot ROM Version:          IM111.0034.B02

SMC Version (system):          1.54f36

Graphics/Display

ATI Radeon HD 4850:

Chipset Model:          ATI Radeon HD 4850

Type:          GPU

Bus:          PCIe

PCIe Lane Width:          x16

VRAM (Total):          512 MB

Vendor:          ATI (0x1002)

Device ID:          0x944a

Revision ID:          0x0000

ROM Revision:          113-B9110C-425

EFI Driver Version:          01.00.383

Displays:

iMac:

Resolution:          2560 x 1440

Pixel Depth:          32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)

Main Display:          Yes

Mirror:          Off

Online:          Yes

Built-In:          Yes

Connection Type:          DisplayPort

Display Connector:

Not sure if it was 10.3 - I was using before, but I am prompted to update frequently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. If you type (in Chrome) about:plugins you'll see there is something to the effect of:

Flash (2 files) - Version: 11.0.1.152
Shockwave Flash 11.0 r1

Name:Shockwave Flash

Description:Shockwave Flash 11.0 r1

Version:11.0.1.152

Location:/Applications/Google Chrome.app/Contents/Versions/14.0.835.202/Google Chrome Framework.framework/Internet Plug-Ins/Flash Player Plugin for Chrome.plugin

Disable

MIME types:
MIME typeDescriptionFile extensions
application/x-shockwave-flashShockwave Flash
.swf
application/futuresplashFutureSplash Player
.spl

Name:Shockwave Flash

Description:Shockwave Flash 11.0 r1

Version:11.0.1.152

Disable

MIME types:
application/x-shockwave-flashShockwave Flash
.swf
application/futuresplashFutureSplash Player
.spl

Disable

And:

Shockwave - Version: 11.6.1.629
Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.6.1

Name:Shockwave for Director

Description:Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.6.1

Version:11.6.1r629

Location:/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/DirectorShockwave.plugin

Disable

MIME types:
application/x-directorShockwave for Director
.dcr.dir.dxr

Disable

Disabling one or two of those three causes different kinds of crashes but nothing seems to be solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 11, 2011 Oct 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So the BL is disable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ghostofjobs.png

Could it be... the ghost of Steve Jobs at work here? RIP Steve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Andybwah wrote:

Could it be...

What is your device, Flash Player version?

What's the URL?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Crashing in all my browsers as well. Mac OS Lion, Safari 5.1, Firefox 7.01, and Chrome 14.x.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 09, 2011 Oct 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have the very same problems as mwilsonasyck has. I also opened a post on 7.10.2011 on that issue: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/910942. As you can see in this post I have the very same hardware specs as mwilsonasyck has. Any progress on this already? That is a piece of standard hardware sold unbelievably often...

Regards

Alex

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too have this problem since day before yesterday.  Kaspersky told me to upgrade to FLASH 11 .0.1.152 because 10.3.183.7 has vulnerabilities.

(In the recent past I had problems upgrading to 10.3.183.7 from 10.3.183.5.  I was finally able to successfully change from 5 to 7 by de-installing FLASH. Re-booting. Then doing an Alternate Manual download of FLASH.  After a couple of attempts it worked, not on the first try.) 

So, when Kaspersky again told me to upgrade to FLASH 11 I assumed one must go through the same rigmarole to get it to work.

I’m using Firefox (latest ver).  MS Vista on a Toshiba Satellite laptop.  32 bit. (What else?)

What I then did:

Downloaded.

De-installed FLASH 10.3.183.7.

Re-booted.

Tried to load the dwnld.

Didn’t work. Error msg. So I:

Disabled all Firewalls. (Sex without protection!)

Downloaded from Adobe and CNET.com

Loaded the dwnld.  Did not work. Error msg.

I have de-installed, reinstalled and re-booted ZIG times. With and w/o firewalls. In all cases when I dbl click the downloaded Adobe icon (saved to the desktop) it starts but then the icon disappears. Whenever I repeat I get the msg “Only a single instance of this application can run.”

Now no FLASH at all.  What is the fix?

HELP appreciated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have followed these posts and am also not having any success...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash Player 11 crashing on all latest browsers on mac osx 10.6 on all sites, Adobe can you update us on this issue please, please, please!?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 10, 2011 Oct 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the same issue across all browsers since the latest Flash update but fixed it through downgrading. Not ideal but better than staring at an unworkable screen. Hope Adobe get their boots on and fix this one quickly!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Carolin -- can you detail the steps you took to make it work again? I'm having zero success getting anything working again. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks all for your info, and the flash player team is continuing to investigate the issue.  Could you provide your OSX language? Since we suspect the issue only reproducible on some specific languages, thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MAC OSX 10.6.8 English. Safari 4.1, Chrome & FF latest builds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same for me- English.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should mention the stand-alone version works perfectly on my mac when launching a swf.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My system language is german....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why do you think this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, constant crashes in any browser with Mac OS X 10.7.1 , downgrade to 10.3 helps... I already posted this to bugbase. It's unbelievable how they released this unstable version and now we all have to downgrade, what are you smoking guys?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I tried also the Flash player 11 and Flash Player Debugger 11 Standalone Players on my mac and they both also crash...

Regards

Alex

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also using German.  But this doesn't seem to be the reason for new FLASH not functioning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All languages are affected I guess... looks like it's not about OS language, but something about 64bits maybe. Let me guys tell you interesting thing, maybe it will help: few times it worked for me, I don't know how, but Flash could open SWF and played it well, and then it worked well until restarted the browser - and constant crashes again, so it looks like that if it could be launched once (loaded correctly into memory) it continues working well until it's removed from memory and loaded again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 12, 2011 Oct 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

If your crash isn't solved yet, can you refer the other thread http://forums.adobe.com/thread/910942 and try removing suspecious fonts which didn't come from official font vendors? We don't know such FP crash that happen on all browsers so their must be something to trigger in your OS configration. Usually we suspect graphic card (graphic driver) but it doesn't sound so here.  We've been trying to reproduce crash on Mac so hard since we got your reports but no luck so far. We appreciate if you help on investigation.

thanks,

Hitomi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 13, 2011 Oct 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I removed all the TTF fonts and flash works now, thing is I need these fonts for clients websites so this a very tempory, though welcomed, fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 13, 2011 Oct 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I removed all the TTF fonts from my library/fonts and placed them in a folder on desktop and whola! flash works now

Thing is I need these fonts for clients websites so this a very tempory, though welcomed, fix.

As a Flash/Mac developer who often works on networked Macs I have many years of frustration getting fonts to appear in flash so this comes as no surprise. Adobe we seem to know the problem now so hopefully you can fix asap.

Thanks Hitomi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines