Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash content freezing my computer

New Here ,
May 09, 2015 May 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

everytime I visit any page containing a YouTube like video my computer freeze and I cant do anything. I tested to wait couple of minutes (10minutes) and the only solution was to reboot my computer.

I tried complete reinstall of my graphic drivers, and also Flash Player.

I am running on Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (I have all the latest updates)

I am using Fire-Fox (freezing also affect Google Chrome, Internet Explorer)

I am using Flash Player 17.0.0.169 (and yes I tested to turn on/off Hardware acceleration and still freezing)

My computer setup - AMD Athlon II X2 220 processor, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 5450

This problem I did not have like 1-2 weeks ago please help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 11, 2015 May 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this happens consistently across browsers and post-reboot as described - it could very well be a hardware problem with your graphics card.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2015 May 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would suggest the same thing but I can use Lightroom, Photoshop etc whole day long and no problem, I can as well watch movies from my DVDs or other videos saved to my PC, and also I can play Elder Scrolls Online and no problem

Edit: I am onto something - I tested to watch youtube video in a emergency windows mode with networking and when I watched video the youtube commercial was not problem and could watch it, than it actually played a video for like 2-3 seconds and than the video crashed and I got the message "Error occured, please try again later... read more"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2015 Aug 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Me too , I have the latest version of Firefox (40) and Flash (18) and my system (w32vista)  freezes after few flash video , even ctrl alt del is not operational anymore !  I tried Flash safe mode but it is the same shame !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines