• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Install Problems of Course

New Here ,
May 23, 2010 May 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, where to start. I used to have flash player then all of a sudden it dissapeared. Ive been researching these forum in order to try and correctly install. The following post caught my attention

No Success Installing Flash player on IE8, XP sp3, 32 bit, security off.

The folowing link explained exactly what has been happening on my system

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/494/cpsid_49419.html

I was about to attempt this in order to finally get flash back. Only I couldn't continue, it states both programs need to be saved in the folowing directory

C:\Program Files\Windows Resource Kits\Tools

Only problem is I dont have Windows Resource Kits/Tools file, so I didnt continue.

I have IE8

Vista

32 bit

MSE

empty Macromed file

no Flash files at all

no DLM

no get atlcom Class add on

How can I use the above method without that file, or should I try another solution

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2010 May 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well,

I dowloaded the MS fix it tool. The link wasnt here but ive seen the thread as I read a  lot of them looking for solutions.

it did say Compact Flash had a driver error, and it did fix.

after trying out the fix it tool, i went back to download FLsh, after a reboot.

version 10.0.45.2 still had the same issue as before.

however, for som reason 10.1.53.7 fully instalsl 100% with no errors, but when I go to youtube or Adobe to see of it works, I get nothing.

It shows the Shockwave Flash Object avtivex control in manage add-ons and enabled

this is the flash file

Flash10h.ocx                                 ActiveX Control

FlashUtil10h_ActiveX.dll                  Application Extension

FlashUtil10h_ActiveX.                     Application

FlashUtil10h_Plugin                       Application

NPSWF32.dll                                Application Extension

Why can I install this version only, but flash still doesn't even work anyways?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mcadan, sorry, I didn't post that link for fixit. In the Flash files for the version 10.1.53.7 that you just installed, the

FlashUtil10h.exe is missing for IE. Interesting that the add on installed. Just wondering if this indicates there is some

problem with the path that the version 10.0.45.2 needs.

The Flash files for Firefox are incomplete. Did you Install the 10.1.53.7 using the Firefox browser ?

Also in the Firefox plug-ins is the SWF there with this version and enabled?

So with the missing Flash file for IE and the missing Flash file for FF, you are not there yet.

Did you Uninstall first using the "force" command?

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for replying.

I never use firefox, and know nothing about it.

I only use IE8

Ive tried uninstalling using force command but can NEVER get it to work.

Ive seen the instruction but maybe I need some assistance using commands as I cant get them to work ever.

Maybe I type them incorrectly, not sure. Plus how would I know what version to type for uninstal force

If someone can help me get the force command to work, maybe uninstalling with the force command will help fix some problems I'm having.

Again, Ive read the instruction for force command but cant get it to work properly

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mcadan, When I said Firefox I used that since it is the most used browser other than IE. Those non-IE files would be for any other browser that Flash Player supports other than IE. Chrome, Safari, etc. So if you had ever used those, then those files may be from those.

Remember that thread I gave you that had the instructions for that force command? Others were also not understanding exactly how to do it. Why don't you post to one of them and I'm sure they would be willing to help you.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like I stated, I've never used any other brewser than IE and don't even know if I have FF installed.

I'll see if I can get some assistance with the force command, and let you know if it helps at all.

If you ever find out what Permissions, or whatever it is that can be blocking the .exe file, let me know please.

It doesn't seem that there are much more options, but I'm not one to give up

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Let's install the Firefox browser. Go here and download it to your Desktop.

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/ 

Let me know when you have done that.

FF doesn't use ActiveX Controls. Once you get this working you can work on FP for IE, but at least you will have Flash Player installed and running.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2010 May 29, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well, i installed FF. Flash seems to work 100%. Firefox is quite different looking than IE. I'll have to check it out some more. I know IE is the main browser but what are some differences and/or benifits known between IE and FF, or is it just preference. At least for now I can use FLash in FF if neede and FF is only  27.2 MB so that doesn't hurt memory too much I guess

I never did understand why PC has a C drive and E drive C=289 GB E=298 GB, Cis used for just about everyything. Honestly I don't know a huge amount about computers, but I'm learning an awfull lot.

I'd still like to fugure out why FP won't worl for IE. I'll try the force uninstall sometime in IE, but how can I not affect flash working in FF...just in case

Thanks for everything thus far

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mcadan, Well finally you have FP working! The main difference is that FF uses the plug-ins for add ons instead of ActiveX. ActiveX is Microsoft Technology. I have used FF on other peoples' computers but don't have it on mine. For me IE works fine and I don't have any problem with Flash Player. FF has many many add ons, extenstions and plug-ins you can add. Just look it over and get familiar with it. In working, it isn't that much different than IE. But this way, at least you have a browser that Flash Player is working on.

You can take your time in trying to see what the problem is with IE. I still think your best bet is to call MS, it is their technology and would be the source to fix your problems. They can access your computer if you give permission and can see what is going on and they can fix it by remote or will tell you what to do while you are on the phone with the Tech. I did that last year when one of the IE updates "disturbed" my computer:-).

The force command works fine for those that understand how to follow those instructions, but if you don't, then it doesn't.

I think the instructions could be explained better for those that are not familiar with the command functions. And yes, when you use the Uninstaller with the command for the 10.1 or the regular Uninstaller, it will remove the Firefox Flash files from your folder and you will have to Install FP again, using FF. If your computer was mine, I would have called MS since we did everything but the Uninstall command for the 10.1.

By the way, you do have the Service Pack 2 on your Vista don't you?

Thanks for the update.

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks, ill try the force command again soon. and yes have sp2, i keep everything updated,

one question, doesn't quite pertain to flash, but maybe you know the answer.

ever since i installed firefox i keep getting these misc. wabe pages that just appear out of knowhere. even if im not using the internet at the time ie...the pc is sleeping, using a different program, playing a game, etc.... when i go back to the desktop screen there will be a few web pages there, usuaslly some type of advertisements, sometimes a google screen saying the web page cannot be found.

these load using the IE but never happened before loading FF. IE security settings are the same with popup blocker on.

just thought id ask, maybe you can help eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mcadan, are these just pop ups? You said when you go back to your Desktop there are a few web pages there? Nothing installed right? Just a web page advertising something? I've seen this and it usually happens very quickly when you have just went to a web site. I think it is the website allowing this ad and it goes behind the site you are on. I usually see it, and minimize the site I want to look at, x out the other one and continue on. Does that describe it?

Here are a couple of sites you may want to bookmark:

http://www.mozilla.org/support/

http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/search?q=Firefox+forums This one has various info at the top. Products, Add-ons, etc. Also the Search feature is good on this site also.

Enjoy the FP working!

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 31, 2010 May 31, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Regarding the 10.1 uninstaller  with the -force option, see this post http://forums.adobe.com/message/2845554?tstart=0#2845554

Details on how to actually do it are in the Release Notes link at the bottom of the post.

P.S.  note that there is a dash in front of the word 'force'; very important!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 25, 2010 May 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to chime in here one more time...

You mentioned several times that you are the administrator; do you actually log in as user 'Administrator', or do you login with another userid that has adminstrator privileges?  If the latter, can you go and check in the 'Users' section of the Control Panel if this user really has administrator privileges?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the onlly user account on this pc is me as the user administrator, i have no other user accounts

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, That is probably the RC6, I saw that it was released. Adobe may be getting closer and closer on the final release. I hope when it comes out there aren't any problems.  It seems you can install the RC's and the ActiveX Control also, but FP doesn't work on any websites. I don't understand that. Then like you said the other issue you get the "not current version" message.

The best site to test is youtube. Did you check that site with this new RC6? If so, what message did you get?

Also did you test herehttp://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/

I think if you Uninstall this RC6, then afterward you should probably run a "clean" Uninstall. I'll get the info for you to read

first.

You can post your add ons if you like. But I think you should call Microsoft since they can find the issue and it could be more than one problem. It could also be a hardware problem which they could advise you on.

Think about it.

Thanks

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines