• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Install Problems of Course

New Here ,
May 23, 2010 May 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, where to start. I used to have flash player then all of a sudden it dissapeared. Ive been researching these forum in order to try and correctly install. The following post caught my attention

No Success Installing Flash player on IE8, XP sp3, 32 bit, security off.

The folowing link explained exactly what has been happening on my system

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/494/cpsid_49419.html

I was about to attempt this in order to finally get flash back. Only I couldn't continue, it states both programs need to be saved in the folowing directory

C:\Program Files\Windows Resource Kits\Tools

Only problem is I dont have Windows Resource Kits/Tools file, so I didnt continue.

I have IE8

Vista

32 bit

MSE

empty Macromed file

no Flash files at all

no DLM

no get atlcom Class add on

How can I use the above method without that file, or should I try another solution

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2010 May 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

after i uninstalled, then disabled uac windows makes you reboot. the reboot does not re-enable uac, it stays off. flash still had problems installing, so i made sure to uninstall everything and restarted. again, now have empty flash folder so i have  a clean slate to work from. Somehow something is still stopping Flash from downloading, is there ant other programs or add-ons that could prevent the install? Is there anything else I can uninstall or disable to improve my chances of a successful install?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mcadan, So since your previous post and after mine, you Installed again(with what version?) and then Uninstalled again.

You are continually moving the goal posts and need to stop. I am addressing issue A and then you create an issue B, then I address issue B and you create issue C. This is not working. I don't have time to address every failed Uninstall/Install. I understand you want Flash Player Installed successfully, I knew that after your first post. We are going to have to come to an understanding that if I am going to be able to help you solve this, you only perform the actions that I suggest. If you want to continue experimenting, that is fine, but I don't have the time nor desire. I hope you don't take offense and if you look at this from my point of view, you won't.

So let me know if you want to continue under my conditions and we can proceed.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok. no problem. im just frustrated i guess. just let me know what to try. i feel ive tried everything, but of course something is still wrong. The last time i tried anything was after you posted about the UAC so I tried it. I didntl install again I just explained what I did after the uac thread suggestion

thanks, and just let me know what to try

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JUST LET ME KNOW, SOMETHING HAS TO WORK.

CAN ANY OTHER PRGRAMS BE INTERFEARING

CAN ANYTHING LISTED IN THE FLASH INSTALL TEXT HELP

OR IF I WATCH THE DETAILS WHILE TRYING TO INSTALL AND SEE WHEN IT FAILS, CAN THAT HELP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks mcadan, I understand the frustrastion but wanted you to see it from my side:-) When I'm not posting on the threads, I'm searching for possible answers for you. Check this out:

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/194/tn_19482.html

You may want to post back all Adobe that is listed in Programs and Features.

The next thing you can do is post all of your Add ons in IE. Be sure to check All add ons. The reason for this is that any add on affects the browser and in addition add ons can conflict with each other. So I would like to see if that is happening. I wish we had the text feature back as it would make this a lot easier. You can print them out and use your print out to just type them in your post.

Do you have any Toolbars installed?

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks, saw the thread. unfortunately it doesn't help my situation. I make sure internet security is low, I can get Shockwave PLayer to show in the Add-ons and enabled, but it doesnt work.

here is whats listed in add-ons:

Google Inc;

Google Side Bar

Google Tool Bar

GEPlugInCoClass Object

Microsoft Corporation;

XSL Template 6.0

Free Threadied XML DOM Documant 6.0

XML DOM Documant 6.0

XML DOM Documant

Windows Media Player

Sun Microsystems Inc;

Java Plugin 1.6.0_20

Java Plugin 1.6.0_20 (yes this is here twice?)

Deployment Toolkit

Yahoo;

Yahoo Toolbar(disabled because I prefer Google Toolbar)

That is everything listed under ALL Add-Ons

I was curious whats under the other tabs ie. Dowloaded Controls, Run Without Permissions

Under the Run Without Permissions instead of All Add-Ons there is the following that caught my eye

Shockwave ActiveX Control, Version 11.5.6, Enabled, Dated 1/11/2010 Before I had this PC, must have been preinstalled.

Could this be the problem????

Maybe that is why it always says i have  a newer version

Here is all the Adobe Programs installed:

Shockwave Player 11.5

Adobe Reader 8.1.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for the info, will get back to you asap. Rain is coming in and I have to get the mowing done:-)

Don't do anything in the meantime:-)

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mcadan,  Just a note to let you know I'm checking out some things. Not finished yet. Had too many interruptions. Will try to finish and post it all then.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, thanks, maybe i should disable toolbars, or uninstall unused  Adobe programs???

wont do anything for, just thinking of what to do

let me know wutz up

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do some files of a beta version ie. 10.1 get left behind. I dont understand the whole -force command. Does just running the uninstaller not uninstall 100%? If so, this may be part of the problem. Long time ago I couldn't get the force command to work, so I just uninstalled beta version by running the uninstaller. I didn't think there was an issue since all files in flash folder were gone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I know it is killing you not to be able to "experiment" LOL On one of your posts you asked about the "run without permissions" and Shockwave Player & the ActiveX Control and the date. That date is when that version came out most likely. Remember that ActiveX is not for Flash Player, it's for the Shockwave Player.

Most of your add ons are ok. I have one to check out and then I'll give you a report:-) Oh, you do know that MSE has a real-time protection that must be disabled when Installing Flash Player? Now I use MSE and have found no way to disable the program, you can only go in to Settings and turn off the real-time protection. Just something to keep in mind.

If you want something to do, you have the Uninstall/Install instructions, right? And you said there is nothing in the Flash folder since you Uninstalled Flash Player? If you want to try again, be sure to follow those instructions, and take your time. Haste makes waste:-)

This is something that you will do differently. After you disconnect from the Internet, you will go to Settings in MSE and turn off the real-time protection. AND YOU WILL DISABLE EVERY ADD ON THAT YOU HAVE.

You know that you open MSE and then click on the Settings tab and on the left hand side click on real-time protection and then when that window opens, UN check it and then SAVE changes.

I'll finish checking some items.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah. you told me about the MSE a long tgime ago....lol...thanks. I ll try with the following

Internet at lowest setting, but will also disconnect

firewall off

MSE off

all add-ons disabled

well see what happens

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok mcadan, hope it goes well this time. Just take your time. Use that Show Details and make note of what you see.

thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

still didn't work, here is the file fo install.

It stopped installing at Flash10e.ocx

Start Main Section - Date=26/05/2010 (Wednesday)
Time=22:11:18
CreateDirectory: "C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash" (1)
Call: 441
Safety Check
Call: 116
Call: 1191
File: overwriteflag=1, allowskipfilesflag=2, name="C:\Users\Michal\AppData\Local\Temp\nsr4941.tmp\UserInfo.dll"
File: wrote 4096 to "C:\Users\Michal\AppData\Local\Temp\nsr4941.tmp\UserInfo.dll"
CheckAdminPermissions Name = Michal
File: overwriteflag=1, allowskipfilesflag=2, name="C:\Users\Michal\AppData\Local\Temp\nsr4941.tmp\UserInfo.dll"
File: skipped: "C:\Users\Michal\AppData\Local\Temp\nsr4941.tmp\UserInfo.dll" (overwriteflag=1)
CheckAdminPermissions Account Type = Admin
Jump: 148
Call: 148
Call: 74
Jump: 111
GetWindowsVersion -

CheckSupportedPlatform  - OS=Vista

Call: 447
CheckFPPermissions
Call: 74
Jump: 111
GetWindowsVersion - Vista

File: overwriteflag=1, allowskipfilesflag=2, name="C:\Users\Michal\AppData\Local\Temp\nsr4941.tmp\fpinstall.dll"
File: wrote 8704 to "C:\Users\Michal\AppData\Local\Temp\nsr4941.tmp\fpinstall.dll"
ObjectExistsAndIsOwnedBySomeoneElse = 0
Jump: 490
End Safety Check
Call: 504
CallUninstallers
File: overwriteflag=1, allowskipfilesflag=2, name="C:\Users\Michal\AppData\Local\Temp\nsr4941.tmp\NSISArray.dll"
File: wrote 17920 to "C:\Users\Michal\AppData\Local\Temp\nsr4941.tmp\NSISArray.dll"
File: overwriteflag=1, allowskipfilesflag=0, name="C:\Users\Michal\AppData\Local\Temp\nsr4941.tmp\NSISArray.dll"
File: skipped: "C:\Users\Michal\AppData\Local\Temp\nsr4941.tmp\NSISArray.dll" (overwriteflag=1)
File: overwriteflag=1, allowskipfilesflag=2, name="C:\Users\Michal\AppData\Local\Temp\nsr4941.tmp\NSISArray.dll"
File: skipped: "C:\Users\Michal\AppData\Local\Temp\nsr4941.tmp\NSISArray.dll" (overwriteflag=1)
File: overwriteflag=1, allowskipfilesflag=0, name="C:\Users\Michal\AppData\Local\Temp\nsr4941.tmp\NSISArray.dll"
Jump: 941
Jump: 940
IfFileExists: file "C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\UninstFl.exe" does not exist, jumping 962
IfFileExists: file "C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\Flash10e.ocx" does not exist, jumping 966
Delete: "C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\Flash.ocx"
Delete: "C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\Flash6.ocx"
Delete: "C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\Flash6a.ocx"
Delete: "C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\Flash7.ocx"
Delete: "C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\Flash7a.ocx"
Delete: "C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\Flash7b.ocx"
Delete: "C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\Flash7c.ocx"
Delete: "C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\Flash7d.ocx"
Delete: "C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\Flash8.ocx"
Delete: "C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\Flash8a.ocx"
Delete: "C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\Flash8b.ocx"
Delete: "C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\Flash8c.ocx"
Delete: "C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\Flash8d.ocx"
Delete: "C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\Flash8e.ocx"
Delete: "C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\Flash9.ocx"
Delete: "C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\Flash9a.ocx"
Delete: "C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\Flash9b.ocx"
Delete: "C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\Flash9c.ocx"
Delete: "C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\Flash9d.ocx"
Delete: "C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\Flash9e.ocx"
Delete: "C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\Flash9f.ocx"
Delete: "C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\Flash9g.ocx"
Delete: "C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\Flash9h.ocx"
Delete: "C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\Flash10.ocx"
Delete: "C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\Flash10a.ocx"
Delete: "C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\GetFlash.exe"
Delete: "C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\GetFlash.exe.manifest"
Delete: "C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\UninstFl.exe"
Delete: "C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\FlashUtil9a.exe"
Delete: "C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\FlashUtil9b.exe"
Delete: "C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\FlashUtil9c.exe"
Delete: "C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\FlashUtil9d.exe"
Delete: "C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\FlashUtil9e.exe"
Delete: "C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\FlashUtil9f.exe"
Delete: "C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\FlashUtil9g.exe"
Delete: "C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\FlashUtil9h.exe"
Delete: "C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\FlashUtil10.exe"
Delete: "C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\FlashUtil10a.exe"
End Call Uninstallers
File: overwriteflag=4, allowskipfilesflag=2, name="Flash10e.ocx"
File: wrote 3981080 to "C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\Flash10e.ocx"
IfFileExists: file "C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\Flash10e.ocx" exists, jumping 352
File: overwriteflag=4, allowskipfilesflag=2, name="FlashUtil10e.exe"
File: wrote 256280 to "C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\FlashUtil10e.exe"
End Main Section
Section: ""
Start Post Section
Register Player
Call: 1047
CallFixDACLs
CreateDirectory: "C:\Users\Michal\AppData\Local\Temp" (1)
File: overwriteflag=4, allowskipfilesflag=2, name="FlashUtil10e.exe"
File: wrote 256280 to "C:\Users\Michal\AppData\Local\Temp\FlashUtil10e.exe"
Exec: command=""C:\Users\Michal\AppData\Local\Temp\FlashUtil10e.exe" -fixDACLs"
Exec: success (""C:\Users\Michal\AppData\Local\Temp\FlashUtil10e.exe" -fixDACLs")
Delete: "C:\Users\Michal\AppData\Local\Temp\FlashUtil10e.exe"
Delete: DeleteFile("C:\Users\Michal\AppData\Local\Temp\FlashUtil10e.exe")
CreateDirectory: "C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash" (1)
End CallFixDACLs
Jump: 356
Register Player
MessageBox: 12582960,"Failed to install.
For troubleshooting tips, please see http://www.adobe.com/go/tn_19166"
Call: 422
Delete: "C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\Flash10e.ocx"
Delete: DeleteFile("C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\Flash10e.ocx")
Jump: 427
Delete: "C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\FlashUtil10e.exe"
Delete: DeleteFile("C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\FlashUtil10e.exe")
Delete: DeleteFile("C:\Users\Michal\AppData\Local\Temp\nsr4941.tmp\fpinstall.dll")
Delete: DeleteFile("C:\Users\Michal\AppData\Local\Temp\nsr4941.tmp\NSISArray.dll")
Delete: DeleteFile("C:\Users\Michal\AppData\Local\Temp\nsr4941.tmp\System.dll")
Delete: DeleteFile("C:\Users\Michal\AppData\Local\Temp\nsr4941.tmp\UserInfo.dll")
RMDir: RemoveDirectory("C:\Users\Michal\AppData\Local\Temp\nsr4941.tmp\")

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again. Well it clearly shows that the Flash10e.ocx could not be installed and this is the Shockwave Flash Object. I want to check a couple of things from that log.

Have you checked your Flash folder to see what if anything other than the log was installed?

We really don't know anything more than we did before, but it is logged now. I remember on one of the RC versons that

you installed, the SF Object was installed, but this vs 10.0.45.2 cannot be. Isn't that right?

Since it refers to the troubleshooting guide, I'm going to see if there is anything there that we may have missed. I can't think of anything since I've read that guide and almost have it memorized:-)

Nothing more can be done tonight. I saw something in that log that may give a clue, will research it and get back to you on it. I may need to talk to a couple of Techs I can contact about it. That will not be tonight though. Most people are in bed sleeping:-)

Talk to you tomorrow, don't give up. Glad you posted that log, thanks.

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nothng else in flash folder. I actually had flash folder open while attempting the download a second time. Some of the flash files appear briefly, but when the activex control cant be downloaded it removes everything from the file....the log actually shows that at the end.

and yes that is correct, one version seemed to get fully installed, but still wouldnt work. And version 10.0.45.2 wont

i appreciate any help.

By the way,

do I need Adobe Reader and Shockwave player. Not sure if I ever use them or not. No point in haveing them if I dont need to....idk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 27, 2010 May 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this!  It worked for me.

Download this uninstaller and run

http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer10.html#uninstallers

After, reinstall the Flash Player from the Adobe home page.

Good Luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

been ther, done that. thanks though for the suggestion. Ive tried most versions uninstall/install. nothing works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mcadan, From what I could tell from the log, there is a permission issue. Now I don't mean that you are not the Administrator, since you clearly were able to install the prerelease and that ActiveX Control installed. Something to do with the path that the 10.0.45.2 needs to Install that ActiveX Control, or at least that is the conclusion I came to.

I don't have the expertise to figure that path out. 

Also, mentioning Shockwave Player, as I recall and you have just asked about, is Installed, correct? It also has an ActiveX Control and that is in your add ons, correct?

Whether you need it or not, I have read that some websites need it but I don't use it and have never had any problem. Adobe Reader is used for PDF files. Both of these are sort of personal preferences. You can Uninstall them, Reboot and if you find later on you need them or want them you can.

I was checking a couple of your add ons last night and came across this. Read this to see if it applies to you and if you are getting any of these messages that MS describes.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/968136

I also am waiting on a phone call to inquire about that current log/ActiveX issue.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks. The Google toolbar gives me no problems. It is a recent Add-on.

Let me know what you find out

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have not been able to talk to the person yet. Work schedules, split shifts, other time zones issue. As soon as I do, I'll post.

Remember you said in the beginning that Flash Player "suddenly" stopped working. We haven't been able to find out what happened around that time. Do you think the Google installs and add ons to your browser had an affect? I just made a connection between "suddenly" and "recent add on".  Just something else to consider.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It most likely had to do with an update or add-on, I just cant pinpoit when or what. Ive only had this computer for 3 months but updates are done frequently and as far as add-ons or programs i havnt installed much more on this pc since i got iit

thanks again, and ill check frequently for posts. im not one to give up

how does one do an unsistall with force option. never could get that to work when  uninstalling a beta version. could that make an issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NO UPDATES YET???

how does one do an unsistall with force option.I  never could get that to work when uninstalling a beta version. I followed the instructions but not sure if I was doing it correctly as I couldn't get it to work, could that make an issue?

Ill check back tomorrow

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 28, 2010 May 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mcadan, on the Uninstall of the 10.1 beta:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/648042?tstart=0

In the thread above, look for Post #7.

http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/flashplayer10/releasenotes.pdf

Following is a thread that instructions are on, look for Post #11

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/634118?tstart=0

I have never installed a beta nor Uninstalled one. Hope these links help you.

On the install log, there is some permission issue, but how to correct it I don't know.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 28, 2010 May 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mcadan, Check this out, it's a new Tool from MS. Pat posted it last night on a thread. I haven't had time yet to see all that it does, but it does sound helpful.

Let me know what you think. Since that log spoke to permissions perhaps MS will help that.

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines