• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player 10.1 Crashing in World Cup Live stream!!

Contributor ,
Jun 14, 2010 Jun 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to CBC.ca

Click on Watching the World Cup

Flash Player 10.1 Crashes

Flash Player 10.0.x Works!

Urgently needs Fixing Quickly for World Cup!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Jun 26, 2010 Jun 26, 2010

I found that disabling hardware acceleration - works.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jun 14, 2010 Jun 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/657743 + details on the crash!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 15, 2010 Jun 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• specify your operating system (including 32bit or 64bit);
Windows XP Pro (Version 2002 with Service Pack 3) 32bit
  • specify your web browser and version (including 32bit or 64bit);
Tried with Opera, Safari, Firefox and Chrome all Crashed once the game starts (the advertisement in the beginning works fine)
The New Flash Player 10.1 (now using 10.0.x for the World Cup - works well)
Site to Test: cbc.ca or link above which goes straight to their site. Make sure you check their site for latest Matches.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 15, 2010 Jun 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cbc.ca does not allow viewers outside Canada to see their contents, so there is nothing I can do.

Contact cbc.ca for help with the new Flash Player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 16, 2010 Jun 16, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Serious?

Why not Adobe in Ottawa test it - There has to be people there watching the World Cup, I can assure you it's not my computer, here at the office it crashed at every instance on several computers. We're all watching on Flash 10,0,45,2. So it's the new flash player (10.1) thats crashing. I don't mind personally, Flash 10.1 got released days ago, and the World Cup is HUGE... I just hate seeing Adobe doing this to itself. I develop for the Flash player for a living.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 17, 2010 Jun 17, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. I've been watching the game son cbc sports website since june 11 with no issues how

ever yesterday I received notification that flash player needed to update. I accepted the update & ever since then Firefox & Google Chrome crash everytime I go to the streaming feed page. IE works for a little then stops without crashing. I received the same update request on my other pc & refused it so my other PC is fine!!! Please fix this, as this is very lame that an update that's supposed to improve things actually breaks the program!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 17, 2010 Jun 17, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nimz777441111 Download the previous Flash Player 10.0.x and it'll work, where as 10.1 Crashes for CBC.ca 's Huge World Cup! I can see a lot of people getting frustrated at this... Adobe this release should have better been though out. All eyes are on the Flash Player, and it's making it harder and harder to defend it

http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/installers/archive/fp10_archive.zip

They bundled all the Flash Players of all operating systems together... select the one that for your OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 24, 2010 Jun 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue. I did call CBC to let them know, rolled back my Flash player- and now I'm good. This is one of the highest profile events for Adobe Flash- in Canada and I find it quite puzzling that it is not a priority for Adobe to look into it. Colour me puzzled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2010 Jun 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is also happening on futbol.univision.com world cup

games. It worked fine until I got the latest update. I downloaded the archive but can figure out which

one to install.

Help!!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 25, 2010 Jun 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Install the latest version for your operating system.

For windows:

fp10_archive.zip\fp10_archive\10_1r53_64\flashplayer10_1r53_64_win.exe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found that disabling hardware acceleration - works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

disabling hardware acceleration works! 

the problem is it leaves a crappy lower quality image of the stream

i'm running windows xp 32 with latest updates and service pack 3,   latest flash player (have been installing and uninstalling hoping to get it to work)  latest firefox browser, latest version of chrome browser.  latest nvidia video drivers.

the version of flash player i was using 10.0 DID work in hardware acceleration with a clearer video and no lag or choppiness.

this latest version of flash player crashes whenever i try to load a live stream from univision of the world cup games or other live streams opening another page with a flash animation then right clicking and changing the settings to turn off "enable hardware acceleration" FIXES the problem but leaves you with a choppy bad quality video.

the problem does seem to repeat itself in chrome AND internet explorer and even under windows 7 64bit.

i might end up rolling back to an earlier driver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines