• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player 11.4.402.265 causes IE to crash

New Here ,
Aug 27, 2012 Aug 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash Player 11.4.402.265 is causing Internet Explorer to crash on several of our company computers whenever they try to access Flash content. Rolling back to Flash Player 11.3.300.271 (which requires using the Adobe Flash Player Uninstaller first) resolves the issue. The problem seems limited to Windows 7 (64-bit) systems, but not all of them. Still trying to determine to commonality.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 189 Replies 189
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2012 Aug 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris, Does you adobe email account have one 'l' or two? In Bug ID #3318993 you show one 'l'. I sent two (2) zip files to that email account and did not a delivered receipt response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@KGlennCole - I received your email, downloading the files now.  Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running 64-bit version of Windows 7 Professional and the 32-bit version of IE 9.  I am running MS Security Essentials for AV.

Can you tell me how to create the dump file?  I will add it, but I am not sure how to create it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also just confirmed that the crash happens when using the 64-bit version of Internet Explorer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hopefully these steps will let you create a crash log.

1. Download, extract, and run this .reg file: Enable Crash Logging
  2. Recreate the crash in IE
  3. After the crash, open a file browser window and type the following in the navigation bar:%localappdata%
  4. Go into the CrashDump folder.
  5. Select the most recent file that appears, most likely in the following format:  iexplore.exe.<somenumber>.dmp
  6. Zip this .dmp file up and email it to ccampbel@adobe.com.  If it's too large for email, I'd recommend using either Adobe's SendNow or Dropbox
  7. Once the dump file has been generated, download, extract and run this .reg file to disable further logging: Disable Crash Logging

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed the steps to set up crash logging, but my IE is not actually crashing.  I believe I saw one crash early on when I was trying to figure out what was wrong, but none since.

The Adobe "about" page takes about 5 minutes to start to show up, the graphic another 3-4 minutes and it doesn't display correctly, i.e. some text is overwritten.

Firefox loads this immediately and displays correctly.

Windows 7 Professional, 64 bit, IE 9.0.8112.16421 Update Versions 9.0.9 (KB2722913) running out of the 64 bit program files directory.

Administrator accounts  (local and network) bring up the about page promptly, but also overwrite text.

The user account IE display stops with the graphic, all others proceed to the advertisement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris,

I sent you a Dropbox link to my IE9 Crash Dump.

Let me know if you need anything else or if you didn't get the link.

Alan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris,

Ooops.. I found my error concerning no CrashDump folder. Seems as though I lanched the Enable and then the Disable, essentially cancelling the Enable. Jeez, I can be soo 'tupid at times!

I was able to Enable, create an IE *.dmp file and attach to a Bug Report. Not sure if it's gone through as the Submit is still 'working' nearly an hour later (484Mb file, high-speed cable connection).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@KGlennCole - Ya, these files can be pretty big.  I would definitely recommend compressing it first, then using Adobe's Send Now, Dropbox, or similar file sharing service to forward along to me.  Thank you very much for generating this file!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem only occurs if ActiveX AND plug-in version are both: 11.4.402.265.

If only the ActiveX has version 11.4.402.265 and Plug-in version has version 11.3.300.271 then the problem is not there.

System: Windows 7, 64 bits,

IE9 crashes and firefox works ok.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My ActiveX version is 11.0 and my plugin version is 11.4.402.265 and my IE 9 crashes.  Firefox works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does everyone have both the plugin and Active X controls installed?  You can check this by going to the Flash Player control panel (in Windows) and selecting the Advanced tab.  At the bottom it will tell you the ActiveX and Plug-in versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have installed both !

I use IE9 AND Firefox 14.0.1 on the same pc.

And that is also the problem, if you only update flash for activeX then there´s no problem and IE9 works fine BUT if you also update the Plug-in, for firefox, then IE9 crashes !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have both installed.  When I look at the versions under the advanced tab they both are at 11.4.402.265 but when I look at via the Manage Add-ons from IE it tells me that the ActiveX Control is version 11.0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@mediametriks - Does your Manage Add-ons look like this?

8-29-2012 2-06-50 PM.png

Would you be willing to temporarily uninstall your Plug-in version of Flash Player to see if you're seeing the same thing that ErwanBolleurs is?  I'm still unable to reproduce this with both versions installed, regardless of their version number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I disable the ´Shockwave Flash Object´ in the manage Add-ons list then the site renders perfect and IE9 works perfect. As soon as I enable the Flash object and I refresh the website then IE9 crashes.

Take a look at this site for an example.. www.rabobank.nl   and then press a random button at the top of the site.

After a few times restarting the page the following url becomes visible:

res://ieframe.dll/acr_error.htm#rabobank.nl,http://www.rabobank.nl/particulieren/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, no problems clicking any of those buttons on my systems...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mmhmm, I can reproduce it on my normal pc AND also on my laptop.

Here are some screenshots of my settings and a screenshot of the eventviewer:

windows.jpg

version.jpg

event.jpg

ie9.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem occurs for me repeatedly on www.cnbc.com web site when doing individual stock quote requests.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2012 Aug 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris,

When I look at currently loaded add-ons it looks like this.

currently_loaded.png

If I look at all add-ons it looks like this:

All_add-ons.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@medimetriks - Thank you for testing that out.  The 11.0 Shockwave Active X Control is unrelated to the Shockwave FlashObject (except in name) and totally expected that they'd have two different versions.  Your Shockwave Flash Object is the correct version, so we're on the same page there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris,

Any ideas on what to try next?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you try disabling all add-ons except for Shockwave Flash Object to make sure we're not running into a compatibility issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris, you said that you didn't experience the crash, but do you have installed firefox next to IE also ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do.  I've tried it with a number of different combinations.  In addition, Medimetriks also tried removing the Firefox plugin but still encountered the crash.

Is anyone on this thread using any of Windows accessibility features?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines