• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player 11.7 Sound Playback Bug

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 15, 2013 Apr 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've received reports that sound is cutting off from both video and audio content with some Flash content using Flash Player 11.7.700.169 (and 11.7.700.179).  I apologize to those effected by this bug.  We've been able to reproduce the issue internally and are currently investigating the cause and possible fixes and workarounds.  If you haven't already, please take a minute and let us know how this issue impacts you by leaving a short comment (or vote) on this bug report:

https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3539635

Your feedback is important to us and we will continue to update the bug report as new information becomes available.

For those looking for an immediate fix, you can either update to our latest beta (4/30/2013 - Flash Player 11.7.700.197 Beta) or you can downgrading Flash Player to our latest 10.3 release.  The latest 10.3.183.75 build contains all of the recent security updates and should provide a stable platform for both audio and video.  Please see these two faqs for details.

How do I revert to a previous version of Flash Player?

Where can I find direct downloads of Flash Player 10.3 for Windows or Macintosh?

In addition, Google Chrome users will need to switch to the system version of Flash Player (NPAPI version) after installing the 10.3 release:

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/enable-system-flash-player-goog le-chrome.html

The next official update, currently scheduled for release in mid May, will resolve this bug.

Thanks,

Chris

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 30, 2013 Apr 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@suncat99 - I hear what your saying.  We do have an ongoing beta program where we do weekly releases.  The 11.7 release was in beta for at least a month before it went public, however I'm not sure when this issue was "injected" into the build.  I know that this particular issue was a byproduct of another bug fix.

I would love to have an easier way to address these issues when they come up and I'll continue pushing for that internally.  A month can seem like a long time, especially when you are effected and I'd like to find a way to ease this pain yet still be cognizant of people that feel like we already bombard them with too many updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
May 05, 2013 May 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

one week same problem, but the very strange thing is I was YET on the 11.x version, and the bug appears suddenly.

Updated to 11.6 (automatic) didn't resolved the issue

Tried 11.5, no way.

An older 10.3 worked, but firefox keep showing alerts...

Now I'm gonna try 10.3.183.75

BTW, tried Opera, Firefox, IE and MAXTHON too, same bug.

I've a Sound Blaster XFI Titanium HD

EDIT: 10.3.183.75 just freezed the sound 😞

Gonna lower the sound quality, now, but you've to do your best effort to solve...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2013 May 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have some clients anxious for the fix who require that any update be vetted by their infosec team prior to pushing it out to their users. Can you share whether the release of 11.7.700.197 is simply pending the standard release timeframe or if there are still issues being ironed out? Is there any way to know when you're in code freeze so their infosec team can get a jumpstart on validation?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Cleori - If you're crashing with 10.3, then I suspect you have something else going wrong with your system.  Have you tried contacting Creative Labs to see what they say?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm currently investigating a lot of things, unfortunately I've done two major upgrades, the adobe flash player and some "suggested" upgrades from Microsoft. After that, a lot of thing went wrong.

Surely, rolling back to 10.3.183.63 worked well, but with the alerts, I've tried a 11.5 (not the 11.6 that gave me the "original issue") and the system failed at all, don't recovering after the freeze.

I'm currently without sound (uninstalled) and without flash player at all. Now, I've done a "secure point to roll back", so, I will test to install one thing at a time, and eventually post here the result. I'll install the sound system, first of all...

I have to say that Maxthon browser, that have a flash player integrated (it is one of yours, isn't it?), works very well.

Thanks , best regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 09, 2013 May 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Chris,

This bug is already 1 month old, our clients constantly asking us when the Flash Player GA (not Beta) will be ready?

Anatoly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 10, 2013 May 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I anticipate that we'll release the update early next week, specifically Tuesday May 14th.  I'll post again if we encounter any delays.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2013 May 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris,

I see that 11.7.700.202 is showing as the current released version as of this morning. However, while the release notes appear to address a similar issue with FLV files no mention of the bugbase issue 3539635 is made and I don't see a reference to MP3 or MP4 files. We've been testing the beta releases (up to and including 11.8.800.42) which I can confirm resolve this issue, but I haven't seen this version number before.

Are you able to confirm that 11.7.700.202 contains this fix? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris,

Please confirm that 11,7,700,202 fixes this issue. 

Thanks,

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this release (which still hasn't fully propagated across all servers yet) will resolve this issue.  We have multiple internal bug reports and it appears that the release notes referenced one (3541383) that was titled differently than 3539635.  I apologize for the confusion.

If you were currently using our beta release, please uninstall this first (see towards the bottom of this page for links to the uninstaller) before installing 11.7.700.202.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 16, 2013 May 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris, not everybody can install-uninstall beta... Is there anything we can say to our clients in terms of date of new General Available release?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@mikhailov - Our current release (11.7.700.202) which was made publicly available on Tuesday May 14th contains the fix for this bug.  This is the general available release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Chris,

How about Windows 8?  I'm still seeing in IE Fash Player version 11.7.700.169.  How do I get my customers to 11.7.700.202 on IE Windows 8.

Thanks for keeping us posted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@logue.timothy - They should be able to update Flash Player for Internet Explorer on Win 8 using the Microsoft Update service.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/windows-update-faq

For other browsers they can simply visit http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer or enable the automatic update feature in the Flash Player control panel.

How does the automatic update feature work in Flash Player?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah... I don't see the flash player update via the update service on windows 8.  I did all updates on a windows 8 machine. Is it possible that mircosoft didn't pushed it out just yet....

Tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 20, 2013 May 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Chris,

I can see Chrome Pepper Flash has the same version as General Available Flash Player - 11.7.700.202.

Pepper flash had major problems with sound (BUG 162207), I wonder does this version fixed it as well?

Anatoly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@logue.timothy - You've probably received this by now, but if not check out this KB update:  http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=2837385

@mikhailov.anatoly - I don't think the fix in 202 addressed this specifically but I'll find out if this is still an active issue and let you know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Chris,  I didn't receive anything in the Windows Update Service on Windows 8 and I keep looking everyday (On my local machine running windows 8) 

I've tried what you sent me a few days ago and also just tried again today.  When I do try to download the .msu, I get an error "Windows Update Standalone Installer - The update is not applicable to your computer" I'm running 64 bit (but I tried both downloads).  

I appreciate your help... It's just a little frustrating and customers are getting upset over an issue I can't control

I really just wish IE would just vanish forever and everyone just runs Chrome lol

Thanks again

Tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 23, 2013 May 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Chris, Chrome 27 with FP 11.7.700.203 just released, do you know the changelog since 202?

Anatoly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 23, 2013 May 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@mikhailov.anatoly - Single bug fix for this release.  It was localized to the Mac plugin and both Mac and Windows for Chrome.

• Audio stream cuts off on certain websites after 10-60 seconds (3541383)

The announcement post is here:

5/21/2013 - Flash Player Update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 20, 2013 Jun 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris, it seems the issue come back with release version 11.7.700.224, at least on Internet Explorer 10.0 Windows 7. Can you comment on that please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 20, 2013 Jun 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@mikhailov - I haven't heard this reported yet.  I just tried the steps outlined in bug 3539635 (https://bugbase.adobe.com/index.cfm?event=bug&id=3539635) on Windows 7 but couldn't reproduce the loss of sound.  Can you give me the steps that you're taking?

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2013 May 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry, but the problem has not been fixed at all for me. I use Windows 7, my Firefox version is 20.0.1.

My audio is still cutting off when playing videos in Firefox. When it cuts off the audio for my entire computer cuts off, until I end the Flash process. After ending the Flash process, and refreshing the page. it usually works fine for a bit, before cutting off again. Sometimes, the Flash process doesn't come back at all, and I'd have to restart Firefox.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@cddurham - Could you try both of the links below to see how they perform.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's cutting out for both of those.

Everything works fine with Chrome, so I'm guessing it's a Firefox issue. Just updated my Firefox to 21 today, and still getting the sound cutting out issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines