Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash player active x in add-ons

New Here ,
Jan 07, 2010 Jan 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows XP Media version, IE6:

Am I suppose to see the Flashplayer Active X in the IE Add-ons , i.e. Tools Manage Add-ons? I do see the Shockwave player add-on.

If I am supposed to see this active X (which I do not), then something is wrong with my PC. Thanks, Mike

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Jan 20, 2010 Jan 20, 2010

Mike, no not yet. Right above the "Post Message" bar. Confusing since there is another one where the search forums bar is.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate
Jan 15, 2010 Jan 15, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just an "observation" to brucecollins: That is amazing! According to your post you Uninstalled Flash Player and after that you Enabled Shockwave and now you "couldn't believe that fixed it" Well, count me in that group, I don't believe it either.

I find it strange that you had this problem for two months and you just yesterday registered on the Adobe forum and you

came to this thread to make that claim. Oh, which Shockwave did you Enable? You have to be the first person that can

Uninstall Flash Player and then it works:-)

Regards,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 18, 2010 Jan 18, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is to mlmarg:

Hi Mike, I did receive the add ons, but at the moment can't remember if you had the 4 files in the Flash folder.

I'll check and if I don't that the info, will post back later.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 18, 2010 Jan 18, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike, Before we address the add ons and Toolbars, please take a look at Post #17. Do you have those files in the Flash

folder?  We may have gotten off track when I was off those couple of days. These files are important because if they are not there then the add ons and Toolbars become mute. (At this time only)

Also Post#22 on the Security issues, did you make the changes I suggested?

And Post#23, Have you Uninstalled/Installed since you started the thread?

This will give me an idea where to start.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2010 Jan 19, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Eidnolb,

1) Flash files:

In Windows/System32/Macromed/Flash:

Flash10d.ocx version 10.0.42.34 created Monday, November 2, 2009 3.80MB

FlashUtil10d.exe version 10.0.42.34 created Monday, November 2, 2009 252KB

Uninstall_activeX.exe version 10.0.42.34 created Monday, November 2, 2009 83KB

2) Security Issues

Have CA Internet Security suite 2009 (Will install 2010 around Jan 26). The CA firewall I did not install because of the Zonealarm firewall installed at the time. I can Shutdown Zonealarm. I believe this will leave me without a firewall, but am not sure.

I can remove CA from systray, or can snooze the Anti-virus and disable the Anti-spam and spyware.

3) I have the Uninstall/install software on my desktop.

4) I have installed/uninstalled so many times, I am sure I have reinstalled since the threads were started.

Should I remove Shockwave also? I noticed the add-on for shockwave is no longer there.

Spysweeper is not in the systray. I run it standalone. I can remove it.

Let me know what to do first. I assume

1) disable add-ons and remove browser bars like CA, AOL, Google.

2) disable CA, Zone Alarm, Instant messenger

3) run uninstall (I have the instructions and notes).

4) reboot

5) run install

6) reboot

7) re-enable CA. (Should I have removed CA from the systra? Would that disable, or take the steps above?

What about a firewall, since CA firewall is not installed (I will install on 2010 version)? Is Windows firewall available?

Let me know. Thanks, Mike

Let me know if this is correct

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike, Reviewing your info, give me a minute.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok Mike, answering in the order of your last post. The Flash folder looks good, didn't see the install.log but should install after you Uninstall/Install.

Security issues: If you have the Zonealarm Firewall NOW and as long as you can Disable it while the Uninstall/Install is being done, then keep that. You are only going to Disable it temporarily and this is AFTER you disconnect from the Internet. After the Un/In is done, you will Re-Enable the Firewall BEFORE Re-Connecting back to the Internet. No problem while you are off line, the only issue is that it may block the Install of FP.

Ok on the pause of the CA or any anti-virus/spyware

At this moment in time, you have those entries in the Flash folder?

NO, do not Remove Shockwave Flash Object, are  you saying you do not have that listed at all in the Add/ons? Flash10d.ocx?

Spysweeper is no problem if it is a standalone and sits on your desktop to run on demand.

Here is what you do first, after you reply to this post. Refer to Post#23. Answer this post first and then I will have another comment on the Uninstall.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Eidnolb,

I do have an install log in the Macromed flash folder also.

I do have the Shockwave flash object Flash10d.ocx in my add-ons, just no reference to the Shockwave player (version 11) in the add-ons.

I have Post#23 and the uninstall instructions printed out and will first check security settings and then do the add-ons removal.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update on the install.log and the Shockwave Flash Object.

Now you are starting to get ahead of me. I read your 1. thru 7. list. That is NOT the sequence:-)

On your Security Settings, just go to Tools, Internet Options and have the slider bar set so the word Medium appears.

Are we in agreement on the Zone Alarm Firewall that I posted in my last post?

Here is the sequence in view of the add on info.

Just Disable ALL add ons and ALL Toolbars, don't Remove them.

Then you will follow my Post #23, and in that order please. As soon as we confirm per the Adobe Test that 10.0.42.34 is installed and you follow the other info in Post#23, we will take care of the Java. I have the instructions, so wait until then

for that.

Thanks, any questions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Eidnolb,

Need your help. Did all as you stated. Paid attention to uninstall notes and details and install details. Ran step-by-step thru post#23. My problem is that the activex flash10d.ocx did not get enabled, and therefore the flash/about test does not show the installation insert.

Any ideas on what to do now? Could not disable one add-on, Windows Genuine Advaantage by Microsoft. All other add-ons are disabled, and all browser toolbars are disabled.Shut off all antivirus, spyware, spam, etc and shutdown Zonealarm before uninstalling. I followed the rules asfar as I know. Please help. Thanks. Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Eidnolb,

Need your help. Did all as you stated. Paid attention to uninstall notes and details and install details. Ran step-by-step thru post#23. My problem is that the activex flash10d.ocx did not get enabled, and therefore the flash/about test does not show the installation insert.

Any ideas on what to do now? Could not disable one add-on, Windows Genuine Advaantage by Microsoft. All other add-ons are disabled, and all browser toolbars are disabled.Shut off all antivirus, spyware, spam, etc and shutdown Zonealarm before uninstalling. I followed the rules asfar as I know. Please help. Thanks. Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, go into your add ons and  hi-light the word "Shockwave Flash Object" you should see a small rectangler box, lower

right bottom that says Update Active X, click on that and do whatever it says, then ok and check it again to see if it is enabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The active update said there were no new updates at this time, and did not enable the activeX. Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, then it must be vs 10.0.42.34. Hi-light it again and click on Enable, say ok.

Message was edited by: eidnolb   correction

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mike, it is 4:10pm here and I have to leave for work in 20 minutes. Here is the thread link for the Java uninstall/install.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/554615?start=50&tstart=0 Look for my Post #71. Of course you will go to Add/Remove and click on each entry of Java and say Remove and wait until each is done and no longer appears; after all have been removed, Reboot.

After you get to the Java site, from memory here, It will ask you to enter your platform, which will be Windows(drop down arrow). Choose the offline, I think it indicates i386 or something like that. That is the one you want. I didn't have that in the instructions on that above Post#71, since I hadn't installed the latest at that time. Put it on your desktop. When you

get ready to install it, close all browsers and then install, when finished, Reboot.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks this helped me too...thanks guys!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, eidnolb. I have done as required and java update 18 is installed. The only add-ons enabled now are:

Java Plug-In 1.6.0_18 Sun Enabled ActiveX Cntl jp2iexp.dll 1.6.0.18

Java Plug-In 1.6.0_18 Sun Enabled ActiveX Cntl npjp160_18.dll 1.6.0.18

Java Plug-In 1.6.0_18 Sun Enabled ActiveX Cntl npjp160_18.dll 1.6.0.18

Shockwave Flash Object Adobe Enabled ActiveX Cntl Flash10d.ocx 10.0.42.34

WindowsGenuineAdvant Microsoft Enabled ActiveX Cntl LegitCheckControl.DLL

XML Document Microsoft Enabled ActiveX Cntl Msxml3.dll

OfficeGenuineAdvantage Microsoft Enabled ActiveX Cntl OGACheckControl.DLL

Still having the same problems on websites.

Note: Do not have:

*Web Browser Applet (Java related) Enabled.....file: msjava.dll ActiveX

Control*

Where can I get this add-on? Maybe this is one of my problems.

I doo not know what to try now. I will read the forums and await for your reply. Thanks for your help and support. Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike, Your Uninstall/Install of FP appears to have been successful.  Good job following all of the steps:-)

On your Java, great job as well. You installed everything just fine! On your questions of the "Web browser applet", you

do have it, it is jp2iexp.dll. Many times in the Java updates these types of changes are made, just like changes with a FP update. So you have it. That is the file. No problem there.

My concern is the Shockwave Flash Object, which you said was not Enabled. Is it Enabled or Disabled now? Is this listed as follows: Shockwave Flash Object.....ActiveX Control......Flash10d.ocx ? I don't understand if it is Disabled, why you

cannot hi-light it and Enable it. There was no trouble Disabling all of the other many add ons, or Enabling the others.

Please comment on this. Most important.

Thanks,

eidnolb

P.S. Update--On your Java list of the update add ons, I was in a hurry and missed the Shockwave Flash Object and just saw you have it "Enabled" Disregard the previous concern about it that I posted above.

Please go back to the Adobe test site and let me know what is shown now.

You did remember to Reboot after the FP install and the Java update, correct?

Then go to youtube and see if FP is working as it should and if you are getting any message from youtube.

Check a couple of other random websites and see if they are showing Flash Content ok.

Thanks

Message was edited by: eidnolb  add'l comment

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi eidnolb,

I was able to enable the shockwave flash object. The instructions stated that after the install, the activex should be enabled. I don't know if this meant automatically because of the install, or if I had to enable it. Anyway, it is enabled, but the www.winster.com does not recognize my flash player. I will try staples.com and home.depot, etc., to see if I can read the weekly ads. I just don't understand why my flash player is not recognized. It tests out fine on the adobe website with animations, etc. Thanks. Don't know what to try next. There was a java update to shockwave player and now that activex, swdir.dll, shows up as enabled also. Thanks for your help. Let me know if anymore ideas. Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike, up late here. Glad the SWO is enabled. I think because we Disabled ALL add ons, that had to be manually Enabled.

Let me check that winster website.....Well the website came up with no problems. Now I didn't go any further than that.

Are you saying the site doesn't come up? Do you get a message of any kind?

You said there was a Java update to shockwave player......Was there an update to Shockwave Player? The swdir.dll would be the file for that.

Take a look at the Flash folder, is there anything listed there other than the 4 files in post#17?

Go to youtube, that is sort of a test site too. They would be the first to tell you if you don't have FP/Java installed correctly.

The contents of the Flash folder and SWO in add ons are the key to FP.

Let me know about youtube, and other sites that use Flash that cause a problem. If the other sites are working then perhaps there is a problem with winster; perhaps they made a change of some sort. I may check it out further to see if I can detect anything.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

eidnolb,

Wii read your email in full, but wanted you to know what happened. I go to help About Internet Explorer and I get this error 53 storage error. I put this in bing and found the following:

Blog - IE6 About Box Error: 53 - Not enough storage is available to ...

The About box in Internet Explorer (IE, IE6, IE7) causes an error message dialog box to appear stating: An error occured in this dialog. Error: 53

www.netsplore.com/PublicPortal/blog.aspx?EntryID=45

This could be my problem, and possibly others. IE7 is mentioned also. Now I have to figure out how to do a Regedit safely to try this.

Will finish reading your email and reply later, but wanted you to know about this. Just lucked out by trying the About I..E.. that I found this. Will look in my registry to see if this is the case.

Later, Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Mike, I don't know what to make of this, but I'll do some research on it also. I wouldn't do anything with the Registry unless you have some very very good advice.  I would search www.microsoft.com first on this. You can also go to www.support.microsoft.com and enter that message info. Just be careful on blogs. You can also go to

http://forums.cnet.com

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mike, this could simply be that whatever you were doing at the time, you did not have enough memory(RAM) or Hard Drive space for it. Were you installing a program?  I know some programs I cannot install because of the system requirements, RAM, free Disc space, etc. If I tried I would probably get the same error.

Have you run a Defrag to see how much free space you have?  Just a thot.

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has happened every time I tried it trying to get my IE version in case you wanted it. I had no problem with Youtube, at least watching some videos. On Winster.com, the flash player message comes when I enter Play Games. I will check my Defrag space, and will take a restore point now. No need to defrag, 62% free space. I was able to get onto Winster on an older machine which had a Flash player Flash08b.ocx activex Sunday in Ks. Will try Staples, etc. Won't edit registry this early in the AM, but the blog sounds feasable for my problem. I have those .Net entries as described. Thanks. Later. Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Mike, sorry you are having a problem. Well for sure you have enough free space. I wonder if there is something

wrong with that website. We had that happen just yesterday here on the forum on another thread. One of the Adobe

experts came to the thread and went to the particular website that the person couldn't access and checked the code and

it was not good. So here we thot it was his computer and Flash Player, but it was the bad code on the website. It has now

been fixed, not by the website but by the original poster of the thread.

Also, you have updated to FP 10.0.42.34 and most all websites have too. However some smaller websites may not have

and just as an older version of FP will not work with youtube, you will find the reverse order. The newest FP will have a

problem with a website that has not updated.

Well, just don't panic. Make sure first that it is your computer and not the website.

Wait, I just re-read your post....Did you say you used an older machine with FP vs.8 and the website worked? You were able to enter the Play Games?  If that is true, then the website has not updated, but you have. Let me know when you have time if this is what you meant.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2010 Jan 20, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

attached are flash player screen errors

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines