• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash player does not work on web-assign

Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot access my e-book on webassign because of the flash player it says You need to upgrade your Flash Player and i should note that it is updated and allowed on the website

TOPICS
Browser , Error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is most likely a content and/or browser issue, not Flash Player itself.  Supported browsers disable/block Flash by default, forcing the user to enable it for each browsing session.  Content developers must ensure their Flash detection scripts (allowing the browser to detect the content requires Flash and prompting the user to enable Flash) works with the browser requirements.

You don't mention which browser you're using, see https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html for instructions on enabling Flash in supported browsers.  If those don't work, I recommend contacting the content provider with your issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Google Chrome and i did these steps on link you mentioned and i could access the content until yesterday you are right i think it might be problem because of the content developer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Google embeds Flash Player in Chrome (and has for many, many years).  They release updates monthly (around the 2nd Tuesday of the month).  The most recent Flash Player release was on 11/12.  The most recent Chrome stable release was in November, 11/18 for Windows and 11/21 for Mac (source: https://omahaproxy.appspot.com/).  If everything was working fine until yesterday it's quite possible it's a content issue.

Either way, the issue you're experiencing isn't Flash Player related.  Flash doesn't control when to load or not.  That's the browser and the browser needs to detect the content requires Flash to prompt the user to allow/unblock Flash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way i managed to access it you are right it is because of the content thank you for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome.  Glad you were able to resolve the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines