Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player End of Life

New Here ,
Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I'm looking for some specific information on the Flash Player End of Life.  I can find many, many articles, blogs, etc that state Adobe will end support for flash at the end of 2020.  I'm looking of specific dates and versions if known as well as any information on specifics from MS (IE), Google (Chrome) and Mozilla (FF) on the same.  I'm hoping I can get officially announcement documentation from each browser vendor and adobe itself.  Essentially I'm looking to know if we can continue to support an app written in Adobe Flex beyond the end of 2020 by using an older version of a browser (as a last resort) and if so which browser & version.

Thank you...

TOPICS
End of life

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Essentially, all major browser vendors will stop supporting Flash at the end 2020.  Please refer to Adobe's official announcement at Flash & The Future of Interactive Content | Adobe Blog​, which contains links to posts from the various browser vendors, who posted similar announcements the same day as Adobe's announcement.

In addition to the various browser vendor links in the above Adobe blog post, Chrome and Firefox has published Flash roadmaps detailing the changes they are actively making on the road to the end of 2020:

Essentially I'm looking to know if we can continue to support an app written in Adobe Flex beyond the end of 2020 by using an older version of a browser (as a last resort) and if so which browser & version.

This really isn't recommended as it will require using a Flash Player version that isn't maintained or updated with security fixes.  It's safe to assume malicious actors will continue to exploit Flash knowing there won't be a security fix (after 2020) for whatever it is they find, or create to exploit Flash.  Assuming you'd want to take the risk, it's virtually impossible to guess what browser/version combination to use as browser vendors are continuously introducing end-user friction in the Flash space by being more strict with blocking Flash, forcing click-to-play for each domain (including sub-domains) and browsing sessions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2019 Oct 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The specific date for Adobe Flash Player's End Of Life is December 20th 2020

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2019 Dec 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. That actually helps me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines