Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash player stutters for 1 second then continues normally

New Here ,
Dec 08, 2013 Dec 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Problem is very weird. I have Mozilla Firefox, IE, latest flash (11.9), Win 8.1 All latest updates. Online video playback with flash player stutters in a very weird way - even if video is fully downloaded it stutters for a second irregulary and then continues normally as if nothing happen. This stutter is similar like someone just opened something on a slow hdd and thus makes the flash playback stutter for just a second (even though i have an ssd that is very fast; rest of computers is i7, r9 280x, so a fast and modern computer). This happens in irregular intervals on both browsers. Video is watchable but this is very annoying. I tried reinstalling just about everything except the OS itself. I disabled hardware acceleration and set cash to unlimited in flash settings, still nothing. This happens with youtube as well as all other flash video in both browsers. Ofcourse other video playback is fine (.avi, .mp4 etc). It can happen 5 times in 5 minutes, and than nothing for half an hour and then starts again.

Anyone else had a similar problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 11, 2013 Dec 11, 2013

I have the same problem. It just happen only with Windows 8.1. My System: Core i7-3770, 16 GB Ram, 256 GB SSD and a stable VDSL2 25 Mbit internet connection. System is up to date. Newest flash version is also installed: 11.9.900.170.

To temporary solve the problem, i go to task manager under details and set the cpu affinity for FlashPlayerPlugin_11_9_900_170.exe to 1 core.

With Flash Version 11.5 the problem is gone, but it's a old (unsave) version of flash.

Google Chrome is the only browser withou

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 221 Replies 221
Apr 18, 2014 Apr 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never use Chrome but I tried to test it on my windows 7 machine and can confirm on Chrome with latest version the videos are fine on BBC iPlayer, on IE and Firefox the issue seems to be there though

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2014 Apr 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wanted to post I'm having a similar issue, intermittent pauses for about 1 second when playing video, then the video speeds up to catch up.  The audio has no issues at all though. Problem occurs randomly streaming all videos with either IE or Firefox (I stream xfininity on demand and nbcsports the most).  Using windows 8.1 64bit, I7-2600k processor, 8gb ram, AMD HD 6800 series, ssd drive with up to date drivers for everything on a 2 monitor setup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 05, 2014 Sep 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Try this link. It has the stuttering. Not sure if it's adobe, but its happening on Firefox. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 05, 2014 Sep 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe I should include the link> Terry Crews is unbelievably talented. [VIDEO]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2014 Jun 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I developed automatically CPU affinity setting change tool for Firefox and Internet Explorer.

This tool can resolve the problem temporally.

http://www.punigram.co.jp/en/products/flaas/index.html

Please use this tool until Adobe fix this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2014 May 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did another clean install of Windows 8, upgraded to the 8.1 update, in addition to installed each of the current drivers from the manufacturer.   Adobe Flash continues to stutter with IE and Firefox.  Adobe, please troubleshoot and fix the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2014 May 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with firefox and IE since i upgrated my windows 8 to windows 8.1. Video only works fine when i use IE from start screen.

------------------

System Information

------------------

Time of this report: 5/5/2014, 12:17:35

Operating System: Windows 8.1 64-bit (6.3, Build 9600) (9600.winblue_gdr.140305-1710)

Language: Latvian (Regional Setting: Latvian)

System Manufacturer: Acer

System Model: Aspire V3-571

BIOS: V2.13

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3632QM CPU @ 2.20GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.2GHz

Memory: 8192MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 8008MB RAM

Page File: 2455MB used, 22959MB available

Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS

DirectX Version: DirectX 11

User DPI Setting: Using System DPI

System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)

DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled

DxDiag Version: 6.03.9600.16384 64bit Unicode

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000
Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
Chip type: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family
DAC type: Internal
Device Type: Full Device
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0166&SUBSYS_06471025&REV_09
Display Memory: 1792 MB
Dedicated Memory: 96 MB
Shared Memory: 1696 MB
Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (29Hz)
Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
Monitor Model: 42 FHD_LCD-TV
Monitor Id: VES3700
Native Mode: 1920 x 1080(i) (60.053Hz)
Output Type: HDMI

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2014 May 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After doing a fresh install of Windows 8.1 Pro from Windows 7 I am now having this same issue.  For awhile I thought it was something wrong with my computer until I found this thread.  I get the same video stutter as everyone else is describing (audio is fine).  It doesn't matter if it's Youtube, ESPN, CBS, etc.  Anything that uses the flash player gives me the video stuttering.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2014 May 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wanted to update this and say the problem is still there with beta version 14.0.0.95 of Flash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 13, 2014 May 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And it still stutters on the latest official version released today. Honestly adobe, this is so poor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2014 May 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Likewise, the problem continues to occur.

I think it's been mentioned in one of the above posts, but how many of us who are experiencing this issue have either a quad-core or dedicated graphic cards? I have both.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 27, 2014 May 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep I have a laptop that has a sandybridge/quad core cpu and it has integrated and dedicated graphics. Switching GPUs makes no difference. Honestly Adobe this has been a problem for a long long time now. You should of sorted it/diagnosed by now. Why don't you just regress the code to pre 11.6 when nobody had this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 29, 2014 May 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This continues to be a constant issue. I saw another forum post bemoaning flash with advanced stats bemoaning vertical sync issues with flash which could explain some of my issues. Basically with every version it gets worse. Pre 11.6 video was smooth, ever since it is very prone to judder and stutter. Why do Adobe continue to neglect and play ignorant. There's enough of us having issues. Lets hope html5 squashes flash sooner rather than later. Unfortunately many sites still use flash so it will remain an issue for a long time to come

why do things get worse with changes. Internet explorer was great upto version 9, then version 10 was worse and current version 11 is even worse. Same with flash, progressively worse! Very disillusioned with the software these days - too much change, not enough testing, too many bugs creeping in and then a subsequent lack of willing by companies to fix them. Stop releasing so many updates and actually concentrate on fixing stuff that the pointless updates break!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2014 May 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem...i tried to solve it for 2 months and i did. The sollution is to format the computer.

http://www.akademipolitik.com/galeri/video/video/nasr-tv-gezi-parki

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There seems to be a commanality here which adobe are incapable of dotting. Most of us seem to have laptops, most have quad core CPU and most have switchable gpu. Out of interest is anyone on this post a desktop user?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I'm having problems on my Ivy Bridge i7 desktop with Adobe Flash... Flash always stutters when using IE11 and Firefox. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2014 Jun 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

akademipolitik wrote:

Same problem...i tried to solve it for 2 months and i did. The sollution is to format the computer.

http://www.akademipolitik.com/galeri/video/video/nasr-tv-gezi-parki

Not necessarily. I've reformatted may laptop approximately 3 times since I first experienced the problem but continue to have the issue. The only resolution is to do what one user suggested in the above post (setting flash player to use only one core via task manager).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2014 Jun 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue. After updating Windows 8 to Windows 8.1 Update 1, Twitch.tv Flash streaming became stuttering. It keeps stopping 1 sec, fast forward the buffer and playing a few sec finely.

I tried IE11 and FF29. The issue is worse in IE11.

I did updating the Flash, video drivers, Windows Update. Power Option to High, Compatibility View setting, Use software rendering. Nothing worked.

Now I have to reinstall 8 and other softwares. SIGH...

It just seems Adobe doesn't give a damn about this issue and thinks its Microsoft's problem because they did nothing for 10 months... Ironically, my iPod touch 2010 plays twitch.tv smoother than Desktop PC lol. This reality is no joke.

Don't install Windows 8.1 if you are relying on Flash to watch streaming. You'll waste your time.

-------------------------------

windows 8.1 Update, Core i7, 8GM RAM, C: 64GB, D: 2TB, GTX460

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 25, 2014 Nov 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do u mean fast forward buffer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2014 Jun 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Softwares:

Windows 8.1 64bit

Flash 13.0.0.214

Firefox 29.0.1

Specification:

GTX TITAN

SSD

16GB RAM

Flash stutters on the youtube channels, please test this on Chrome HTML5 / Pepper Flash vs Firefox with Flash 13.x: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtVdAasjOgU

You can tell the video stutters on the Firefox with Flash 13.x, Chrome runs super smooth.

Now switch the Firefox + HTML5 on the same video, it is smooth.

Flash is the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2014 Jun 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just reinstalled the 8 and updated to 8.1 Update 1.

I confirmed 8 smoothly runs stream. On 8.1 Update 1, the stream stutters. Actually, I found the sound also became jitter on 8.1 Update1. The only drivers I can see in the Program & Features are Nvidia Video driver, 3D Vision Driver, 3D Vision Control Driver and Nvidia High Definition Audio driver, which are automatically installed by the installation process.

I think the culprit is poor coordination between sound driver, Windows 8.1 and Adobe Flash. Machine has several audio ports on motherbord and also HDMI on graphic card. So I need not only Nvidia High Diginition Audio driver but also Realtek High Definition Audio driver.

After that I tried to install/uninstall Realtek's sound driver or Nvidia's sound drivers, nothing worked to fix stutters.

I'll post later if I found other things.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2014 Jun 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Latest Adobe Flash version 14.0.0.125 stutters while watching Live Fox News using IE11 on Windows 8.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2014 Jun 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everyone, I believe I may be able to shed some light on the issue. I have done VERY extensive troubleshooting on this specific problem, you guys wouldn't even imagine. This is my first post on the Adobe forums, I will explain everything I've done and I think I have corrected the issue.

Ting Ai, I think I may be able to lead you to reproduce the issue, if you want to forward my post to the devs.

Ok well first of all, for the past 2 months, I have experienced the same issue BUT for me it was on Chrome only, very rarely Firefox and NEVER on IE.

Here's the thing. IE uses its own separate version of Flash, whereas you need to download one for Chrome and Firefox. When you download Flash for Chrome, you can go to the URL chrome:plugins and there you will find 2 versions of Flash. One that has PepperFlash\pepflashplayer.dll in it and one that says SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash.

PepperFlash is the one that comes with Chrome, and Macromed/Flash is the one you download from the Adobe Flash website.

The reason I always wanted to use the downloaded one was because otherwise, I don't get 5.1 sound from videos. If you have a 5.1 surround system, go ahead and try. Use the PepperFlash plugin, no surround sound. Use the Macromed plugin, there you go, 5.1 sound.

BUT, I was getting the "video stuttering for 1 second then resumes normally" problem. Only on the downloaded version of Flash. And only on Chrome/Firefox. Because, remember, IE uses its own version.

I suddenly stopped getting 5.1 sound on Chrome on Youtube and after weeks of troubleshooting, and even buying a whole new set of speakers, I found out it was because Chrome now uses HTML5 and HTML5 for some reason has no 5.1 surround sound on videos anywhere that I've seen so far.

NOW, like I said I always wanted to use the downloaded Flash for surround sound purposes, but I kept seeing videos stutter, ESPECIALLY on Gamespot.com. Youtube did not do it so much but it did from time to time too.

I tried everything. Installing dozens of sound drivers, video drivers, reformatting Windows entirely, trying Windows 7 instead of Win 8.1, trying Ubuntu, buying a whole new set of speakers, hundreds of hours of forums reading, reinstalling stuff, uninstalling stuff, disabling acceleration, putting proiority on Flash, doing the "1 core" thing on task manager mentioned in this thread, basically name it, I've done it.

Sometimes I thought OH YES it works, just to see it happen a minute later.

Until now.

After 2 hours of video watching, I can say I finally fixed it for good.

What did I do ?

Simple: I downloaded Flash 11.5 r502. Believe me guys, do it. Uninstall Flash completely from your computer, reboot, and install Flash 11.5 r502.

Ting Ai, here's what you can do to reproduce the issue:

- Get a Windows 8.1 computer with an Nvidia card and Realtek onboard sound (I'm being specific but it's because I want you to be as close to my hardware as possible). I have a i7-4770k Intel CPU, with a MSI Z87-G45 GAMING Motherboard, a Geforce GTX780 Classified, Samsung 256GB EVO SSD, onboard audio from my motherboard, 16GM G.Skill 2133 RAM and a ASUS PB278Q 2560x1440 monitor. Windows has every driver up to date, as well as Windows Update completely updated to today. For my Geforce GTX780, I have the 337.88 driver installed with Geforce Experience. For my Realtek onboard Audio, I have Audio Driver 6.0.1.7246.

- Open Chrome, updated to latest version.

- Download the Adobe Flash from Adobe - Install Adobe Flash Player. Yes it will say Chrome already has one of its own. Download anyway.

- Install Flash

- Reboot computer just to make sure.

- Open Chrome again, go to chrome:plugins and disable PepperFlash, enable Macromed/Flash.

- Go to Gamespot.com and watch any videos. Here I will link 3 for you:

GS News Top 5 - The Five Biggest Things To Come Out Of E3 2014! - GameSpot News - GameSpot

E3 2014: Impressive PC Games of E3 - GameSpot

GS News - Sony, Ubisoft & Nintendo Highlights; New 3D Zelda Game! - GameSpot News - GameSpot

If you followed my instructions to the letter, I GUARANTEE you will be able to reproduce it. Let the videos play for a few minutes then you will see it. The video will freeze only on video, sound will continue just fine and after exactly one second, video playback will resume.

Now go to Internet Explorer, watch the same videos, and notice it doesn't happen at all.

Now uninstall Flash, get version 11.5 r502 and again, notice it won't happen anymore.

If you need more information from me, I will be happy to provide it.

If anyone else tries 11.5 r502 and it STILL happens for you, please post and we will try to see why, because maybe there is some additional problem for you. Like drivers not updated, faulty hardware, or some other reason.

I will follow this thread closely because for me, after months of wasted time, it finally works great. NO stuttering, and full 5.1 surround everywhere on Chrome, Firefox, and IE.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 16, 2014 Jun 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually made a video of the problem using one of the videos in the post above.  Specs listed at the end of the video.  HTML5/Webm works perfectly, obviously.  Captured on an iPhone 4S.  Ironically, Flash video playback is buttery smooth on that device.

Action starts around 37 seconds into the video.

Adobe Flash Player Stuttering With Firefox - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2014 Jun 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very annoying issue indeed.

I've already wasted a lot of time googling around and trying different solutions.

I can't understand why Adobe cannot reproduce this issue.

It's clearly an issue related to Windows 8.1 and Flash v11.9 or newer on machines with 4 core processors.

I wonder if this also occurs on AMD machines?!?

Maybe it's Intel related?!?

Is anyone here running an AMD processor?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines