• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player will be blocked after 2021 (time bomb) (proof) (price for harman packaged browser)

New Here ,
Jul 24, 2020 Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

chrome_lTXdKi7iMn.png

Flash Player will show this icon after 2021. If you have an application using pepflashplayer.dll? Please use version 32.0.0.363 and lower to avoid your users to be locked. Keep in mind to use version 32.0.0.363 in an sandboxed environment like the windows store or apple mac store when publishing flash standalone applications (or intranet).

I have also information about Flash Player after 2020! The fee harman asks is 25.000$ per year, per platform! The trial is 5000$ for 30 days.

I hope this helps you all ❤️

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Embedding Flash Player in any application requires a distribution license.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Embedding Flash Player in any application requires a distribution license.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For completeness, here's the official statement on EOL: 

https://theblog.adobe.com/adobe-flash-update/

You can find more information on Harman's support plan here: 

https://services.harman.com/partners/adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks you _maria_ for your explanation. 

According to your statement, it seems it would be enough to apply for a distribution license for a given application. But what Harman states is that they will give a distribution license per "platform". So, assuming we have an application that is installed on every customer premises, we will have to pay 25.000$ per year, per every customer. 

Is that a correct understanding? I sincerly hope not. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without any specific knowledge of Harman's terms, Platform may be something like "Macintosh" and "Windows" rather than a place or office. It might however be "32 bit Windows", "64 bit Windows" and "Windows or ARM", "Macintosh on Intel" and "Macintosh on ARM". These are not even guesses, they are examples of the sort of choices you can find when licensing products. DO NOT GUESS, contact Harman. Nothing we say, guess or promise here can affect their terms. And I DO NOT work for or speak for Adobe or Harman!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2020 Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Test Screen Name, will do. 

I understand your point _maria_ it is fair. Would you be able to confirm actually that Flash Player contains a "time-bomb" starting from version greater than 32.0.0.363?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, assuming we have an application that is installed on every customer premises, we will have to pay 25.000$ per year, per every customer. 

Is that a correct understanding? I sincerly hope not. 

Unfortunately Adobe cannot answe that question.  Please contact Harman for questions on their licensing strategy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tested it with version 32.0.0.344 and set it to February 2021 and it works perfect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you share 32.0.0.344 installer ?

Thanks in advance,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll show you in a few hours

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sharing Adobe installers without a special license is a breach of your license (ie it is considered piracy). If you are planning to breach Adobe's licenses, or ask someone else, whatever your view of the morality, this might not be the best place to announce your plans. Just sayin'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not trying to be a hacker or anything like that, I just desperately
need to use Flash content in 2021 and I should be done next year. I
probably don't know about mentioning what Flash player I'm using on the
other hand.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is available at [link removed by moderator. Adobe doesn't recommend using unsupported software for security reasons.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines