• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FlashPlayerUpdateService.exe Application Error

Participant ,
Jun 29, 2012 Jun 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.  I'm an IT guy and one of our users put in a ticket with screen shots showing an error message they get every single day when they sign on to their Windows XP computer.  The first error message says:

FlashPlayerUpdateService.exe - Application Error

The instruction at "0x7c9113c0" referenced memory at "0x00050005".  The memory could not be "written".  Click OK to terminate the program.

The user clicks OK and then this comes up.

"Adobe Flash Player Update Service 11.3 r300 encountered a problem and needed to close."  It then has the date and time of the error (which is when she logged into the PC) and a Send / Don't Send error report button, which we know are just placebos because sending these reports don't fix the problem.

What do you think is causing this?  I wanted to report the error not only to get help on it but to make the product better so future versions can be written to not have these errors.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 29, 2012 Jun 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Test builds have been distributed.  We believe we are on to a solid lead and fully expect that the next version of Flash Player will no longer have this bug.  Until this release is available, please see this post for details on working around this problem.

Thanks,
Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 02, 2012 Jul 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are seeing this on multiple Windows XP machines as well. Chris, I sent you a request via email for the trial version.

Thank you.

Marc Hoffman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 03, 2012 Jul 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I received a test build from Chris (version 11.3.300.265). Initial testing appears good. I'll post back with more results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also seeing an error every day, but not during logon. Below are the various error messages I received over the past few days:

Today:

An unhandled win32 exception occurred in FlashPlayerUpdateService.exe [8120].

Last night:

An unhandled win32 exception occurred in FlashPlayerUpdateService.exe [6312].

An unhandled win32 exception occurred in FlashPlayerUpdateService.exe [5868].

An unhandled win32 exception occurred in FlashPlayerUpdateService.exe [4276].

Yesterday:

An unhandled win32 exception occurred in FlashPlayerUpdateService.exe [5640].

Sunday:

An unhandled win32 exception occurred in FlashPlayerUpdateService.exe [5248].

Products:

Adobe Flash Player 11 ActiveX Version=11.2.202.235

Adobe Flash Player 11 Plugin Version=11.3.300.262

Windows XP SP3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris. I am experiencing the same issue with a couple of my users running Windows XP SP3. I have emailed you for the latest test build.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 04, 2012 Jul 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris

I also have a xp machine that is having this issue. Could you possibly send me the test build as well?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2012 Jul 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

chris

I am getting the same errors repeatedly. If you have  a test fix, please forward it as well. thanks

alan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2012 Jul 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem everyday. Can you guys also provide me the trial version? Thanks in advance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 06, 2012 Jul 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris...we are seeing this occur on all machines that had the test build you gave us. Do you have any updates for us?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 07, 2012 Jul 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I'm new here.

In the last few days I received this error every few hours. Sometimes it's very annoying.

I'm using the latest Adobe Flash Player in Windows XP.

Is there something that can be done?

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 09, 2012 Jul 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris, I tried ver 11.3.300.265 and still cutting out on wcn.com (wish I had a different site to give you, not all the cams have audio)...it might be a fluke but if I let it go, it seems to get better with time but not perfect.   I am running xp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2012 Jul 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris, Thank you for the link to the test build, while I'm testing I Disabled the service on my other systems as a temp fix until I make sure all is well with the patch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 10, 2012 Jul 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please see my post 3 responses up for a temporary workaround until we can figure out and solve this bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 11, 2012 Jul 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris, this new version seemed to work fine for a few days now the user put in another ticket today.  This is the error message:

FlashPlayerUpdateService.exe - Application Error

The instruction at "0x7c9113c0" refrenced memory at "0x00050005".  The memory could not be "written".  Click on OK to terminate the program.

When you click OK then you get Adobe Flash Player Update Service 11.3 r300 encountered a problem and needed to close.  This error occured on 7/10/2012 at 9:44:00 PM.

However this user recieved this error when the signed on at 8:15 AM.  The computer wasn't even signed on at 9:44 PM.  Isn't that strange?

It's a 32 bit Windows XP machine, Service Pack 3, Office 2010 and 4GB RAM.

I'm going to have no choice but to disable the update service.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2012 Jul 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Chris, so far so good with the new version, No problems seen so far, I'm going to go ahead and patch five more machines and monitor them. Will keep you posted as of the statues

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 02, 2012 Jul 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And dont forget to vote!

According to this post, if you think this problem is worthy of Adobe's attention you should vote for it to be fixed.

I mean, unless the election is over.

Is the election over? Did this error win its way onto the Adobe support to-do list?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I also have a xp machine that is having this issue. Could you possibly send me the test build as well?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, the test build is not as successful as I had first thought. One of our test computers reported multiple crashes of the flash update service (about two per day since July 3). When the user was logged out, we received another strange message (I'm posting the screenshot here).Screen shot 2012-07-05 at 8.05.33 AM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2012 Jul 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seeing the same crashes as in post #11.

ActiveX - 11.3.300.257

flasherror.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem on Windows XP SP3 machine

flasherror.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys I got same issue "AFTER I RUN CC CLEANER"

untitled.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We also have this issue.  It is very frustrating as it happens throughout the day.  Any answers yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For those that are just looking for a temporary workaround, please follow these steps.

1. Open the Flash Player (32-bit) control panel in your Windows control panels

2. Select the Advanced tab

3. Windows Vista and Windows 7 users only, click the “Change Update Settings” button and select yes to the Windows confirmation prompt

7-15-2012 11-43-56 PM.png

4. Select “Notify me to install updates”

7-15-2012 11-44-33 PM.png

5. Close the control panel

If you continue to crash, the following steps will manually disable the update service.

Windows Vista and Windows 7:

1. Open your start menu and type “cmd”
  2. Right click on the cmd.exe entry that is displayed at the top of the list and select “run as administrator”
  3. Copy and paste the following line into the command window (click the icon in the upper left corner of the window and select Edit->Paste)

cmd /c sc config "AdobeFlashPlayerUpdateSvc" start= disabled

Windows XP:

1. Open your start menu and select Run.
  2. Type “cmd” into the Run dialog
  3. Copy and paste the following line into the command window (click the icon in the upper left corner of the window and select Edit->Paste)

cmd /c sc config "AdobeFlashPlayerUpdateSvc" start= disabled

Once complete, you should see the output:

[SC] ChangeServiceConfig SUCCESS

You can now close the cmd window.  The FlashPlayerUpdateService is now disabled.  Please let me know if the error occurs again.

If you've changed your Flash Player updates to "Notify me to install updates" you will get a notification within 7 days of a Flash Player update.  On Windows, the notification window will appear after a system restart.

I will make sure to update our Flash Runtime Announcements posts with details as soon as we've resolved these crashers.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2012 Jul 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So far, our two machines that were crashing seem to be ok with the work around...keeping fingers crossed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines