• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Going Crazy: Why No Sound w. Flash 9 in some but not all sites w/ embedded video?

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2006 Jul 21, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have going crazy with no sound w/ Flash Player 8 or 9 in Internet Explorer (IE) with playing embedded video. this problem occurs with many websites with embedded youtube or other flash videos. the sound bar was set to zero, but even if i drag it to a higher level, there is no sound. yet, when the same video is played from youtube directly, it works perfectly.

when i uninstall Flash 8 or 9 and reinstall an older version such as Flash 7, the sound plays perfectly without problem.

i am running win xp professional sp2. latest updates/patches installed. ie 6.

i have tried the following:
1. the k-lite codec trick - does not work.
2. scanned for virus/spyware - none found.
3. uninstall all Flash w/ adobe uninstaller and reinstall the latest build - does not work.
4. clean out all registry entries related to flash and reinstall - does not work
5. deleted quicktime - does not work

can someone please help me? i searched everywhere and this is driving me mad. i saw simliar posts but none describes my situation and offers a fix.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 260 Replies 260
Aug 09, 2006 Aug 09, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES! I fkin solved it!! Something breaks your registry settings under [HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Drivers32] so the Wave connection is missing, then it dosent matter if you have all you vp6 or mp3 codecs installed. Save the lines below as a textfile with a reg ending, like "missing.reg" and 2x click it to import it to your registry and your golden Or if you have most of them, "Wavemapper" is the one flash is looking for.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Drivers32]
"midimapper"="midimap.dll"
"msacm.imaadpcm"="imaadp32.acm"
"msacm.msadpcm"="msadp32.acm"
"msacm.msg711"="msg711.acm"
"msacm.msgsm610"="msgsm32.acm"
"msacm.trspch"="tssoft32.acm"
"vidc.cvid"="iccvid.dll"
"VIDC.I420"="i420vfw.dll"
"vidc.iv31"="ir32_32.dll"
"vidc.iv32"="ir32_32.dll"
"vidc.iv41"="ir41_32.ax"
"VIDC.IYUV"="iyuv_32.dll"
"vidc.mrle"="msrle32.dll"
"vidc.msvc"="msvidc32.dll"
"VIDC.YVYU"="msyuv.dll"
"wavemapper"="msacm32.drv"
"msacm.msg723"="msg723.acm"
"vidc.M263"="msh263.drv"
"vidc.M261"="msh261.drv"
"msacm.msaudio1"="msaud32.acm"
"msacm.sl_anet"="sl_anet.acm"
"msacm.iac2"="C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\iac25_32.ax"
"vidc.iv50"="ir50_32.dll"
"wave"="wdmaud.drv"
"midi"="wdmaud.drv"
"mixer"="wdmaud.drv"
"VIDC.WMV3"="wmv9vcm.dll"
"VIDC.VP40"="vp4vfw.dll"
"msacm.voxacm160"="vct3216.acm"
"MSVideo"="vfwwdm32.dll"
"MSVideo8"="VfWWDM32.dll"
"wave1"="wdmaud.drv"
"midi1"="wdmaud.drv"
"mixer1"="wdmaud.drv"
"aux"="wdmaud.drv"
"vidc.VP70"="vp7vfw.dll"
"vidc.X264"="x264vfw.dll"
"VIDC.FPS1"="frapsvid.dll"
"vidc.VP60"="vp6vfw.dll"
"vidc.VP61"="vp6vfw.dll"
"vidc.VP62"="vp6vfw.dll"
"vidc.DIVX"="DivX.dll"
"VIDC.UYVY"="msyuv.dll"
"VIDC.YUY2"="msyuv.dll"
"VIDC.YVU9"="tsbyuv.dll"
"VIDC.DRAW"="DVIDEO.DLL"
"VIDC.YV12"="yv12vfw.dll"
"wave2"="wdmaud.drv"
"midi2"="wdmaud.drv"
"mixer2"="wdmaud.drv"
"aux1"="wdmaud.drv"
"wave3"="wdmaud.drv"
"midi3"="wdmaud.drv"
"mixer3"="wdmaud.drv"
"aux2"="wdmaud.drv"
"VIDC.MSUD"="msulvc05.dll"
"wave4"="wdmaud.drv"
"midi4"="wdmaud.drv"
"mixer4"="wdmaud.drv"
"aux3"="wdmaud.drv"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Aug 09, 2006 Aug 09, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gilhooley, you are a star! It works, have to edit my sound scheme afterwards but who cares... IT WORKS! Thanks mate, maybe you should take over adobe because you were a hell of a lot more help than they were 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2006 Aug 10, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alright the problem is really the mapping of wavemapper in Windows registry as reported by one member of the forum. All you need to do is to open registry editor by going to Start menu, Run, typing regedit and then Enter. After that, in the registry editor, walk yourself through the tree in the left pane, till you reach

My Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Drivers32

And then on the right pane, right click and click on New, select String value, enter "wavemapper" (without quots of course), ENTER, type "msacm32.drv", ENTER.

Close the editor. No need to restart. Video on Google and YouTube et al would work fine now.

Thanks to the member who pointed out the key. I just mentioned the procedure.

Have a nice day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2006 Aug 15, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked! My IT guys are happy again and so am I. YouTube spoke to me for the fist time in months!

Sure would have been nice for Adobe to post a fix so I didn't have to go in and edit my registry by hand.

Hope no-one REALLY SCREWS their computer fiddling with the REGISTRY doing it BEFORE Adobe posts a fix. Like some desperate kid whos friends keep sending them clips they can't watch.

---------------------------------------------

"Alright the problem is really the mapping of wavemapper in Windows registry as reported by one member of the forum. All you need to do is to open registry editor by going to Start menu, Run, typing regedit and then Enter. After that, in the registry editor, walk yourself through the tree in the left pane, till you reach

My Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Drivers32

And then on the right pane, right click and click on New, select String value, enter "wavemapper" (without quots of course), ENTER, type "msacm32.drv", ENTER.

Close the editor. No need to restart. Video on Google and YouTube et al would work fine now.

Have a nice day!"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2006 Aug 21, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quote:

Originally posted by: BilalM
Alright the problem is really the mapping of wavemapper in Windows registry as reported by one member of the forum. All you need to do is to open registry editor by going to Start menu, Run, typing regedit and then Enter. After that, in the registry editor, walk yourself through the tree in the left pane, till you reach

Have a nice day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2006 Aug 22, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You two are awesome! That registry trick fixed the problem! I've been looking for a solution for weeks!!! THANKS!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2006 Aug 24, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quote:

Have a nice day!

BilalM your a genious, i'm using media center edition OS which is just xp pro with and extra piece of software ^^ i did this little easy thing and it works!!!! at last i've been installing and uninstalling my audio drivers like a maniac cause i couldnt get it to work >< thanks BilalM ^^ if you use xp this method i give a thumbs up ^^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 25, 2006 Aug 25, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great job. It worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2006 Sep 02, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanking you from every angle possible Mr Bilal M...had spent two solid infuriated days trying to fix this not so flashy glitch, can now join the legions of dubious video watchers and makers again. Who could have thought so few words could bring so much joy?!

Wishing everyone luck with their Adobe trials and tribulations, I had no idea it was so highly strung!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2006 Dec 06, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The registry edit is genius. THANKS. four months of no sound. Now it is FINALLY back

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2007 Jul 07, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whoever figured this one out to start with IS A FRIGGIN GENIUS !!! I had to buy a new pc a year ago and haven't been able to listen to a LOT of sound in vids since I bought this stupid thing...I knew it was a problem with adobe flash, but I'm not a puter guru so I couldn't figure it out...THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU !!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2007 Jul 08, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had the same problem this week. Stipped working for no reason. I uninstalle dthe flash player and reinstalled it and it worked fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2007 Aug 13, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

URGENT!!!!! PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I tried to do the registry thing and just opened the "Wavemapper" didn't change anything!!! and sound came on in Youtube but all echoyyy!!!!! I used to listen to online radio and now that got ruined too and is all echoy!!! what sould i do??? please PLEASE help!!! i need the online radio MORE than i need the youtube!!! ANYONE??? HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2007 Oct 05, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quote:

Have a nice day!

That solved my problem straight away. I've had no sound for about 3 months in flash, and could not figure out why. I can not thankyou enough

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2008 May 18, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HOOORAY
Thank you everyone who helped solving this problem. It's been driving me crazy for weeks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2008 Jul 22, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks you guys! 2 years later your solution is still helping folks. Awful shiny of ya.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2009 Mar 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This does not always work. My HK strings are all correect, codecs are ok also, I will let the Geek Squad fix this.
For $30 bucks it will be worth it !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2009 Mar 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This does not always work. My HK strings are all correct, codec's are ok also, I will let the Geek Squad fix this.
For $30 bucks it will be worth it !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2006 Aug 10, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, your solution DID NOT WORK for me! i imported your .reg, rebooted, but still the same problem (see below). my problem is that there IS sound when i played the file directly from within youtube. it is ONLY when the youtube file is EMBEDDED in a 3rd-party website that the sound is MISSING.

can someone plz plz help????????

Previously written:

i am using win xp sp2. i checked all my sound settings. it looked ok.

my trouble is that i ONLY have NO SOUND, for example, when playing a youtube video that is EMBEDDED in a site OTHER THAN youtube. if i play the SAME video FROM youtube site directly, the sound is there.

when there is no sound, i can see that the sound bar is set to 0 at the bottom of the video when the video first plays. after it plays (without sound), even if i manually move the sound bar up, there is still no sound.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 12, 2006 Aug 12, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Heya y2kmp3! The regestry hack worked fine for me, but I think I may be able to point you in the right direction if the regestry fix didn't work. It sounds to me like you either haven't got the audio activex for flash or you have it disabled which would mean that it will not play when viewing on a website but will play fine with a standalone player. In internet explorer, go to the Tools menu and select Manage Add-ons.... Then from the pull down menu make sure you have Add-ons that have been used by internet explorer so it displays all of your activex's and see what is disabled in the list. I don't know which one it is, I think its Shockwave ActiveX Control and Shockwave Flash Object but try enabling ALL of them and restart internet explorer and see what happens. If that doesn't work, then you probably don't have it atall or its become corrupted. If this is the case then uninstall Flash, reinstall flash and THEN add the regestry bit as stated by Gilhooly. Make sure you include the Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 as the first line of the text file and make sure what you save the text file as has the extension .reg otherwise it will not add it to the regestry. Save the file then double click on it to add it to the regestry and restart internet explorer (You don't need to reboot your PC, it should work straight away). If that fails then the only other thing I can think of it look at your security setting (IE Security, Firewall ect) as they sometimes prevent activeX's working on your browser though I doub't this is the case in your situation as your are able to watch the video... Appart from that I'm stuck... I hope this works for you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2006 Aug 12, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, thanks for the tips.

i looked under manage add-ons and what has been installed by IE. all are enabled. i don't find anything that was previously disabled. : (

i have uninstalled and reinstalled flash 9 many times, and imported the registry, but no help too : (

i seem to recall this problem first starts to happen which i upgraded to flash 8. as an experiment, i reverted back to flash 7 and everything works (i have sound for both youtube.com and EXTERNAL site that embedded youtube video). however, when i re-upgrade to flash 8 or 9, i again lost the audio for ONLY EXTERNAL site that embedded youtube video.

again, the problem is with no sound in flash9 when the youtube video is embedded in an external site (when the video is played directly within youtube, the sound is fine). i have posted a flickr photo showing the problem:

See Photo of Flash 9 Sound Problem on Flickr

please please help!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2007 Apr 21, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey...it sucks...i have the same problem. is there a way u could send me the flash player 7. i will downgrade for now...im going nuts with no sound. thank you. ean7@verizon.net

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2007 Apr 24, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on Fedora Core 6(Linux) with Shockwave Flash 7 and as of this morning(was working fine last night) I have no sound.

Oddly enough it is working fine now..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stranger, I may have a solution to your problem.... i have the same issue with my PC.

I just went to this site,
http://www.nosystemsounds.com/
and I downloaded K-lite mega codec pack and now....it works! Try it out, and read their instructions.

Vitamittens

I wish you luck. If ot works, tell everyone you know who has the same issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stranger, I may have a solution to your problem.... i have the same issue with my PC.

I just went to this site,
http://www.nosystemsounds.com/
and I downloaded K-lite mega codec pack and now....it works! Try it out, and read their instructions.

Vitamittens

I wish you luck. If ot works, tell everyone you know who has the same issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines