• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help with Flash Player 10 download?? Nothing is working??

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2009 Apr 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I'm hoping someone can help me, because I'm going crazy about this.  So I'm trying to download flash player 10.  It says I have successfully downloaded it, but I get no animation, and on youtube it tells me I need the latest flash player.

I am running IE 8, my OS is Windows XP with service pack 2.

I just don't know what I'm doing wrong.  I tried suggestions I have read on here, and I don't know how to start IE in safe mode.  I copied the instructions about start, run, iexplore -extoff, and that didn't work.  When I did that, I got the bar at the top of the screen, saying I needed to manage my add ons, and it never gave me an option to allow it to install.

I have tried going through control panel, to uninstall all of my adobe products (reader, flash player, shockwave), and then reinstall them, and that doesn't work.

If someone could please help me, I would really appreciate it!!  To recap, I get the message saying I have version 10, 22, and something else, I can't remember the whole thing, but no animation video.  It says it's successful, but there's no video to prove it.  Websites tell me I don't have it.  I'm not trying to sound really stupid or anything, I just don't know how to get it, and I really would like to!!

Please, please, someone help!!  I'm desperate!!  Thank you so much!!                

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 16, 2009 Apr 16, 2009

Try the following

If you are using Internet Explorer, and Flash Player will still not install, try starting IE in Safe Mode as follows, and try the install from there

Start -> Run -> type iexplore -extoff

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry for the double post/reply but im desperate for some advice

###

we are seeing similar issues which started this morning

version upgrade from 10.0.12.36 >>10.0.22.87

we ran an update that appears to have updated the flash active x component

win2003 servers w/ terminal servers and citrix - all are using ie/6...those with firefox3 are also encountering the same issues.

things were working for all users yesterday...however since the update (run as admin) this am regular users are unable to access any flash files...the active x add-on is gone for all regular users

reinstalling as admin works well and the active x ad-on is there....however switching back to regular users shows no functionality.

reinstalled several times with no resolution

i have looked at system32 folders and reg entries in hklm/software/macromedia/flash and permission appear to be fine

this is killing us today.....

any advice is appreciated

greg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with doggy moma, tell me it has down loaded but it hasnt. regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here guys. Downloaded latest Flash Player but all programs do not recognise that I have it. Any tips??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys,

Same thing with me, except I have Vista.

There is a sugestion this problem started this morning, It happened about three weeks ago for me

Most sites don't play the videos, but a few do, strange!

Looking foward to somebody finding a solution.

cheers

Knack001

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you see when you go to this page http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/ ? Do you see the Flash Player animation? Version installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see Version 10,0,22,87 installed but no animation????

Regards

Tasall

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the following

If you are using Internet Explorer, and Flash Player will still not install, try starting IE in Safe Mode as follows, and try the install from there

Start -> Run -> type iexplore -extoff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That has fixed the problem.

Thanks heaps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are a legend. Seems to be working now.

Thanks heaps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 18, 2009 Apr 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everything's OK now. Thanks so much! That uninstaller thingy really did the trick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2009 Apr 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much!!  It worked great for me, I really appreciate it!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2009 Apr 20, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aaaahh.  Please can someone help.  My son has a laptop with Windows XP and he needs Adobe Flash to play some game off a web site.  I have fiddled with this for the last 2 hours and during that time have installed XP SP3 and various updates.  Downloaded and installed Internet Explorer 8 and updated again and downloaded and run the Flash unexplorer and run it.

Everytime I now go to the http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer and click on the yellow download bar, the address add /trigger/2/ to the previous and a screen comes up with an area where an animation is supposed to eventually appear but never does.  All I get is a red cross in the top left corner.  NOTHING else happens!!!  Please help.

I must say that none of the downloads listed above (except Microsoft updates) downloaded on this pc either.  I had to download them on my MAC (thank god for MAC's) and then copy and run them from a memory stick.  Unfortunately I can't do the same for the Flash player as it won't just download.  Is this significant?

I've also tried running Explorer form the RUN command as described - same thing

Can anyone help please?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 21, 2009 Apr 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you also tried to download & run the Flash Player uninstaller, as posted earlier?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Pat, Yeah I've tried that - no luck.  I think I did mention that in the 1st paragraph

Any ideas?  It's driving me (and him) nuts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

eb075 wrote:

Thanks Pat, Yeah I've tried that - no luck.  I think I did mention that in the 1st paragraph

Ah - so you did! It seems that you did everything that I can think of right now...

However, you mentioned that you cannot download things on that particular computer, and that you had to download these things on the Mac. That could be the source of the problem. But... what is preventing downloading on that computer?

The only thing I can think of right now is to go and clear the Internet Cache; do you know how to do that? Actually, I don't know how to do that with IE8; I always use CCleaner for such things.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This may not be the absolute fix to your issue, but I had the same issue (only after updating to MSIE 8).

For the life of me, I could not download FlashPlayer. When I uninstalled IE8 using the IE8 uninstaller downloaded from Microsoft's site, my MSIE reverted back to version 7.0.  Using MSIE 7, allowed me to download FlashPlayer with no problems.

I do know this is not a universal way to perhaps correct your similar issue. But it worked for me.

I am sure there is a more CORRECTIVE and SAFE way to correct this issue for all different browsers, and I hope sometime in the near future, Adobe will read all these issues and come up with a more universal fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2009 Apr 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Pat.. it seems your suggestion has worked for many.. I tried to follow your instructions but I couldn't download from safe mode .. when I click on download after runninjg as admin in safe mode.. it gives nothing ..just a blank page and aat the top of the pag there is a notice saying IE is running without add on (something like that) what seems the problem?

My operating system is Vista, IE7..

I unistalled the flashplayer by using the uninstaller..

checked the subfolder in System33-Macromed file was empty

Prompted the run in my laptop and typed exactly what you wrote

went to the website

clicked on download

the page took me to another empty page and nothing happened.

Please please help me.. I am a teacher and I mark exams online and I will start marking the papers in less than 3 weeks and I would not be able to do my job if the flashplayer is not properly installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 22, 2009 Apr 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This topic is getting very long, and it is is difficult to know what instructions have already been posted, and which ones you followed. Sometimes it's better to start a new topic, even though the problem is the same.

Anyway, let's recap...

• on Vista it may help to turn UAC (User Account Control) off before installing Flash Player; a Google search will tell you how to do that
  • download the Flash Player uninstaller from http://www.adobe.com/go/tn_14157
  • close all browser windows and run the uninstaller
    • for Internet Explorer, start it via Start -> Run -> iexplore -extoff
  • install Flash Player from http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
  • check if installation was successful at http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/
    • for Internet Explorer, click Tools -> Manage Add-ons
    • find Shockwave Flash Object, and make sure it is enabled (you may need to show All add-ons)
  • on Vista, turn UAC back on

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2009 Apr 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ Pat Willener

Thank you for your reply unfortunately I am new to this forum and I do not know how to start a new thread and make sure that I will successfully get your attention.

I followed exactly what you mentioned in your last reply and it worked.. my happiness and excitement did not last becuase the flashplayer only works when the UAC is turned off.. I tried many times to switch it on and try flashplayer by going to you tube it gives me the message "Install the latest flashplayer" but when I switch the UAC off it works like a dream.

Is there a way to overcome this problem? I don't think it is safe to work while the UAC is off. please help.

Thank you again for your great help, it is really appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I cannot give you any more information on UAC, as I don't use Vista. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_Account_Control for more information on Vista UAC, and perhaps you can determine if it's safe to run with UAC turned off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you might want to check this web page out:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ El Cariso

Hi again.. what page are you talking about.. there is no link!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do a browser search for FlashUtil10b and it will give you a variety of web

pages and information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2009 May 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please, help!

Have same problem - FlashPlayer installed, but doesn't work.

Using Windows XP SP1, IE6.

I've tried to uninstall and reinstall FP again as described earlier, and nothing helps. then tried the same plus run FlashUtil10b.exe from System32 folder as somebody's written here. At last It's seemed  begun working but: it had played only one video only one time and again started to ask install FP.

Don't understand a little using of command iexplore -extoff, IE begun to search net for -extoff. Is it what I should see? Anyway Have tried to run installation like that - the result is the same: installed but ask install again.

Thanks before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines