• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help with Flash Player 10 download?? Nothing is working??

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2009 Apr 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I'm hoping someone can help me, because I'm going crazy about this.  So I'm trying to download flash player 10.  It says I have successfully downloaded it, but I get no animation, and on youtube it tells me I need the latest flash player.

I am running IE 8, my OS is Windows XP with service pack 2.

I just don't know what I'm doing wrong.  I tried suggestions I have read on here, and I don't know how to start IE in safe mode.  I copied the instructions about start, run, iexplore -extoff, and that didn't work.  When I did that, I got the bar at the top of the screen, saying I needed to manage my add ons, and it never gave me an option to allow it to install.

I have tried going through control panel, to uninstall all of my adobe products (reader, flash player, shockwave), and then reinstall them, and that doesn't work.

If someone could please help me, I would really appreciate it!!  To recap, I get the message saying I have version 10, 22, and something else, I can't remember the whole thing, but no animation video.  It says it's successful, but there's no video to prove it.  Websites tell me I don't have it.  I'm not trying to sound really stupid or anything, I just don't know how to get it, and I really would like to!!

Please, please, someone help!!  I'm desperate!!  Thank you so much!!                

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 16, 2009 Apr 16, 2009

Try the following

If you are using Internet Explorer, and Flash Player will still not install, try starting IE in Safe Mode as follows, and try the install from there

Start -> Run -> type iexplore -extoff

Votes

Translate

Translate
Apr 18, 2009 Apr 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does the animation actually look like? It says the newest version has been installed successfully, but I never see it in my program list, even after rebooting. And You Tube still says I need to get it. What's going on here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2009 Apr 17, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see the solutions if you are using IE but how about if you are using FireFox with the 64 bit Vista OS. At one time I was able to view YouTube and other video sources but now everytime I try I am requested to download the latest plugins and all that it does is show a window with a "Manual" button to click for download and that just takes me to the Adobe Flash Player download site which does nothing. I think I read somewhere that it isn't 64 bit compatable yet but that doesn't make sense because everything worked before. What am I missing here????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2009 Apr 18, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried the uninstall, reinstall, reboot, and anything else I can think of and still no positive results. Maybe if I try to recreate my experience somebody might be able to steer me in the right direction.

Adobe - Adobe Flash Player.htm A.txt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 19, 2009 Apr 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lreops wrote:

... and that just takes me to the Adobe Flash Player download site which does nothing.

Internet Explorer and Firefox use different installs for Flash Playser. If you take Firefox to the Flash Player site http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/ you click on the yellow

⇩ Agree and install now button. Firefox will then ask you to download install_flash_player.exe. You will tell Firefox where to save it.

Close Firefox, and run install_flash_player.exe from where you have saved it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2009 Apr 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had exactly the same problem. I am running IE8 and XP Pro. I went to the IE Tools option, selected Security, selected Internet,

selected Custom Levels then went to the section on " Activex and plug-ins". In that section turn "Run Activex and plug-ins"

to "Prompt". Save that change and back out. That fixed my problem. However, I am getting pop-up messages constantly asking me if I want to run activeX and plug-ins. I have to answer yes several times before I can continue. This is supposedly a "security feature" of

Flash Player 10. It is a royal pain but at least I can view video.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2009 Apr 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The window with the button for installation doesn't appear

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 22, 2009 Apr 22, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't want to get technical but this may help.  Open My Computer and open the flash file as follwos: C/Windows/System32/Macromedia/Flash.  If you find the Flash Icon representing the version 10.exe flash file, click it twice or run it and then follow the directions.  It worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@El Cariso

I tried this method few months ago but did not work.. I have tried everything I even bought regcure to clean my registry.. My flashplayed has not been working for more than 6 months and I even logged the problem to adobe an all what they did was referring me to a help page.. It is indeed very very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried all of the solutions that were posted and this is the only one that

worked for me. I think it has to do with whether or not you were successful

in downloading the updated version. My problem was that I was informed that

the download was a success but the flash player didn't work. I was finally

able to find the "Flash" file due to information from another thread and

from there I just got lucky. I hope you find your solution. If I hadn't

gotten lucky, I would have probably uninstalled all Flash versions and then

downnloaded the flash player again. Best of luck to you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2009 Apr 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks all for your help - unfortunately nothing has worked and a search for Flashutil10b only brought up sites talking about it, mostly whether it is malicious or not.  What is needed is somewhere to actually download it as a file, then run it rather than download and install in one hit (I think).  I had a similar problem with Java not installing but was able to download the file independently on another computer, copy it over, then run it.

It is interesting that this is, I'm assuming, an Adobe site, yet there does not appear to be any help coming from the company on the issue - certainly changes one's perception of a company.

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2009 Apr 23, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Test.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines