• EspaƱol
      • FranƧais
      • PortuguĆŖs
  • ę—„ęœ¬čŖžć‚³ćƒŸćƒ„ćƒ‹ćƒ†ć‚£
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How does Flash Player check for updates? Is there any settings for that?

Valorous Hero ,
Jul 06, 2010 Jul 06, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating my browser it reported that its Flash Player plug in is  outdated.

Flash Player was installed on my computer with Adobe Creative Suite 5. I can check for updates from the Help menu of any program in the suite and it will list all available updates for all programs in the suite. However it seems that this doesn't affect the Flash Player updates. Checking for updates reported that all my programs are up to date in spite of the fact that my browser said the Flash Player plug-in is outdated. The browser gave me a link where I can go, download, and install the latest Flash Player but I decided to wait and find out how I can check and update the Flash Player at any time without involving the browser. On the next computer restart I got a floating window with the Adobe logo informing me that an update is available for Adobe Flash Player.

My question is how can I bring that window when I want and if possible set the updating preferences? Apparently there are some settngs somewhere that makes Flash Player to check for updates only after computer restart and I don't restart my computer for very long times.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 06, 2010 Jul 06, 2010
LEGEND ,
Jul 06, 2010 Jul 06, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines