• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keeps asking to install Flash PLayer when I already have??? Help Please!!!

Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2010 Jan 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash player worked perfectly fine on my computer and I've had it for about 2 years. But now for the past 2 weeks whenever I turn off the computer or log off the next time I sign in it says I need to install flash player. I have installed it many times but it keeps doing the same thing. I'm tired of installing it everyday so some one please help!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 100 Replies 100
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2010 Jan 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never have used DLM. Plus I posted something on FaceBook, it seems I am not the only one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

haha.. see that's how I feel. It's really irritating. Ok well I will try the scanner .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok i tried the clean up thing 3 times I keep getting this:

The Windows Live OneCare safety scanner experienced an error. Please close this scan and try again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Egads...:-) You did use the one for Vista and not XP right? LOL I had to change my browser settings and my Java Script settings last week when I ran it. Did you?  Try it again please.

Something has to work here Gagan, don't make me call the Prez. LOL

Haven't had time to check on the DLM thing, but I see Hal responded to this thread to advise me he doesn't use it. ROFL!!

All I need is for you two to be on the same thread:-)

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOL, well i'm pretty sure the prez wouldn't be able to help much.. Yeah I'm sure I ran the one for Vista, I don't know about the java settings though. How do I change those?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope you know this window has just stayed open to this thread? No need to change it:-)

Ok, well I just checked the Scan site, Vista Scan says Servers are too busy. I have no idea if the regular Scan would work or not, I suppose you could try the Clean Up Scan and it would tell you if it wouldn't. That's up to you.

Here's the Java Script info.

Tools>Internet Options>Security Tab. For "Select a Web content zone to specify its security settings", click "Trusted sites", then click "Sites"

In the "Trusted sites" dialog box, add http://safety.live.com, click to clear the "Require server verification (https:) for all sites in this zone" check box, then click "OK"

Back in the "Internet Options" dialog box, click "Custom Level"

In the "Security Settings" dialog box, scroll down to "Scripting". Under "Active scripting", click "Enable".

Click "OK" to close the "Internet Options" dialog box.

Return to the Windows Live OneCare safety scanner Web site and try to run the scanner again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

argggg.. yeah it's not working.. I will keep trying though... soooo what now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ha-Ha, I would guess everybody that has FP is using the scanner. Probably just busy with people home from work.

Well, you could do a search for gp.ocx and gp.inf and see if you find them.

I'm going to take a break, be back on later.

If we can't solve this, you might have to open up a support ticket. If you do, we'll send your "rap" sheet along. LOL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOL... yeah seems like it.. a break sounds good.. need food.. lol... i'll keep trying just let me know where to search for the gp.ocx and gp.inf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Food is right! Start>Search, then just enter the info and do a search for each one separately, in "part of a file" section.

Later

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah I didn't find either of those.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2012 May 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey i want to say this one helped me alot thank yall for all the help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your suggestion. I tried it but it still didn't work. I followed the instructions and uninstalled it and restarted it. I installed it again and it work but when I logged off and signed back on again it wouldnt work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't know if this will help. I got a new computer - Windows 7 64 bit. If you use IE 32 bit browser, the flash player will work. It does not work on a 64 bit browser. I had both browsers on my computer - just had to find them and put them on the desktop. Also, Firefox works and doesn't ask to install Flash Player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok but how do I know if I have a 32 bit browser or a  64 bit browser. I have windows vista 32 bit. so i think i have the 32 bit IE right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gagan, that's ok if you didn't find those files, just a thought.

On your debate about 32bit/64bit. Whether you are running a 32bit or 64bit is easy to answer. If you have ever had Flash Player on this computer then you have a 32bit. Besides you would NOT want to tell me you are trying to install FP while using a 64bit. LOL, I don't have banning privileges, but I know who does. LOL

arsgs24- You have to use the 32bit browser, that is the only way you can have FP, Adobe FP does not support 64bit. Glad FF isn't asking for FP, you don't know what you're missing though, just kidding:-) If you can however solve this problem, we would be grateful!!

Ok, Gagan, what next?

Here is the only thing I can think of, find a cliff....Seriously, go back up thread and find the troubleshooting link (19166etc)

and go to item #5. read that section. There is an offline ActiveX executable. You can try it without disconnecting from the

Internet due to the Norton and see if Norton will let it install.

At this point that is all I can think of; we've tried everything else.  While you are doing that I'll see what the other info I have on my desktop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

anddddddddddd..... it still doesn't work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

at this point im seriously consider uninstalling IE and just using firefox. Cause i think we've done everything possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know, but I don't give up easily. Did we determine you are running in Administrative mode? Anyway, not only is IE7 and IE8 restrictive, but Vista is as well. The following link is for a purpose other than to make your eyes glaze over.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/cc507861.aspx#EYCAE

After you go there, look for "On this Page", under that, click on Known Issues & Resolutions. This will take you to that section. See the Problem?  See the Solution? I would have that offline ActiveX executable on the desktop first. The one you just tried from item5 if I remember correctly at this point. Then close all browsers and any Flash apps, you know the routine. Then enact that "solution" and then Run that desktop executable. And say a prayer:-)

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ookk.. not understanding much here... so just close all flash player stuff and run the activx installer that i saved to my desktop and restart?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes put that ActiveX executable from the troublshooting link-19166 per item 5.

However use that solution to Run IE as it said in that technet link. Put the ActiveX installer on the desktop first.

Then close all browsers, etc, Start>etc.

Is that clear? Just after you click on the IE in All programs, click on the Run as Admin. then close and Run the ActiveX from

the desktop. That was my understanding of the directions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok.. just making sure because that is what i did and

it did not work i am trying this free registry cleaning thing right now hopefully that will work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i was reading over this:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/583222#583222

i tried it but it won't clean it cause i have to buy the program.. arghh not what I want to do.. and the winows cleaner site you told me about earlier still isn't working.. it says this now:

We're sorry. This version of the Windows Live OneCare safety scanner doesn't work with your Web browser or operating system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That thread was all about FP9-old old old. Anyway everyone's computer set up is different. And beware of anyone that

wants to sell you something. There are spammers on this forum as on others and there are malicious spammers also.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gagan, I saw the note on the Scan. Evidently you have to use this scan (link)

http://onecare.live.com/site/en-us/center/whatsnew.htm  

This link is for Vista. Now the only thing I don't know is if you have to use the Full Scan or can you choose from the left side list? You want Clean Up if you can choose. If not it will tell you. The full scan takes about 90 min. I think they said.

It does everything,virus/spyware etc.

It's up to you whether you want to try the ActiveX install first and then the scan or vice versa.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines