• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[locked] Flash player crashes all browsers

New Here ,
Oct 24, 2009 Oct 24, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the past few days Flash Player has crashed all the major browsers, Internet Explorer 8, Firefox 3, Opera 10, Safari, and Chrome.  Windows XP 64-bit.  If you want to witness the problem, go to http://www.canaan.jp/ and wait a few moments.  I have sent in as many crash reports as the browsers were able to generate.  I have also read so many entries in other forums that this problem is epidemic.  You are probably already nearly panicking over it, and well you should.  Your monopoly on streaming data is threatening to come crashing down around your ears.  You'd better fix it quick or become accustomed to the sound of peasants banging their pitchforks against the gates and howling for your heads.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 123 Replies 123
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2009 Nov 03, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I opened 10 tabs with http://www.canaan.jp/ on them en nothing went wrong. Maybe the IE update fixed it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, there's still a problem.

All browsers crashed when I opened http://www.3dgameman.com/reviews/1004/infrasonic-amon-usb-20-audio-interface

This is so pissing me of!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got a helpful answer from Mr. Charanjeet Sing.

Based on your email, I understand that Flash player Flash Player crashes on all browsers be it Internet Explorer 8, Firefox 3, Opera 10, Safari, and Chrome. with Windows Vista 64-bit.

I have gone through the forum link you gave me and have extensively researched on this issue. I recognize the importance of resolving this issue and I look forward in providing you with the necessary assistance you need.

The solution is : Remove this registry key. [-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\ActiveX Compatibility\{D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000}]

NOTE: This registry key will be installed whenever you install Flash Save this information for future reference. player again. Thus make sure first that you install Flash player for For Support via the Web both Firefox and IE before removing this, and keep in mind to remove this key whenever you upgrade flash player again.

And it really seems to work now. I tried different kinds of sites and everything is working properly. But further testing will be done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AngryFlashUser wrote:

I got a helpful answer from Mr. Charanjeet Sing.

Based on your email, I understand that Flash player Flash Player crashes on all browsers be it Internet Explorer 8, Firefox 3, Opera 10, Safari, and Chrome. with Windows Vista 64-bit.

I have gone through the forum link you gave me and have extensively researched on this issue. I recognize the importance of resolving this issue and I look forward in providing you with the necessary assistance you need.

The solution is : Remove this registry key. [-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\ActiveX Compatibility\{D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000}]

NOTE: This registry key will be installed whenever you install Flash Save this information for future reference. player again. Thus make sure first that you install Flash player for For Support via the Web both Firefox and IE before removing this, and keep in mind to remove this key whenever you upgrade flash player again.

And it really seems to work now. I tried different kinds of sites and everything is working properly. But further testing will be done.

This solution worked (so far) for me.

My problem:

Playing Flash content (video, games, even gtalk) froze up all browsers (Firefox, IE, Safari, Chrome) in Windows 7. The problem just started happening yesterday. Uninstalling Flash didn't work. At first after removing the above registry item and restarting the browser, the problem remained. Restarting the computer solved the issue, though I'm not sure if a restart was necessary or something else could have been done.

It would have been nice if Mr. Charanjeet Sing explained why there was a problem with that registry key, why it's a problem that's come up recently, and when/if Adobe is addressing the issue so that in the future one doesn't have to manually deal with the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2009 Nov 04, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update to an earlier post:

Up a couple of posts I said that deleting the registry key (-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\ActiveX Compatibility\{D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000) worked for me.

All was well until tonight, all of a sudden, flash froze my browser again. The registry key mysteriously reappeared. I deleted and restarted the computer (simply restarting the browser or logging off/on doesn't work). And flash, for now, is working again.

Fracking ridiculous. Flash blows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing here.

And I still didn't receive an answer from Adobe Support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 05, 2009 Nov 05, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did the registry key delete but it didnt help myself, right after i deleted it I restarted the computer and started flash encoder. Still froze up as soon as i clicked on the program box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didnt help here either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thats because apparently they don't speak English where theyre located,

in Mumbai India.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not.  I am using Windows XP Professional 64-bit Edition, not Vista or 7 64-bit.  I do not have the indicated registry entry at all.

Also, some non-browser stand-alone Flash-type games that I have installed are crashing, such as the little puzzle game WindoSill available from Steam, although the game maker says the game is based entirely on original and open source code, not Flash at all.  Other games are also crashing, but I don't see how Flash would have any connection with them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went looking around adobe.com.  I found adobe flash player info/intro. page: http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/   I copied address, then closed and opened new window. Pasted link to see what abobe said about flash, as if I was a new visitor.

Started fine, flashplayer video played loud and quick, but at lower right of flash window, it read "GET FLASH PLAYER 10".  Does this mean adobe.com can't tell which flash player version I have, even though it is able to play Flash Player, since it was asking me to get Flash Player 10?  Or, does it mean, what I had on computer, was not actually Flash Player 10...why asking me to get Flash Player 10?

After flash intro.  I looked to the right-side of screen, had menu "Next Step".  Going down this list, I went to Next Step>Flash Player Home>Flash Player in action.   Here, it started a piano video, which started to play, then stalled, played, stalled, play, stalled, unlike intro. Flash player video.  Does this mean the intro video was not flashplayer 10 and the flash player in action was video was Flash10, which stalled and stalled?  I let buffer for 10 minutes, since I'm not very smart at this, piano video did not buffer like regular video, contenued to stall every other second. Also, noticed that Taskmanager, which I opened at logging on web, spiked cpu to 100% at adobe site too. This cpu 100% hogging, was not limited to certain sites, but normal business operations for flashplayer.  (When cpu spikes to 100%, everything outside of flash player becomes useless, browser and programs are dead in the water until I either kill browser or cut power to computer.)

Don't know where I'm going with all this crap...but feel better about leaving a trail of sorts :O)

I think I will now download the uninstall flashplayer, since I recall someplace, that flashplayer no long compleatly uninstalls automatically, unless you have the an uninstall program...?  After a bit of seaching, found flash downloads here http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html  Which has the uninstall thingy, which I will try now, then try and reinstall flash10 after...I'm scared... :O)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still not working guys

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont know what the heck is going on but I have installed vista twice in last 2 weeks, once on old drive and now I have a brand new drive and no matter what browser I use any of the flash programs crashes my browsers and also locks up my pc. I CANNOT stream on justin.tv if i use adobe's flash encoder nor can i stream from Justin's site cause the encoder crashes.

Funny I have no problems with xfire but i dont like using it for the quality sucks. Id like to know why adobe isnt responding or acknowledging that this is happening a whole lot on alot of peoples computers from what I have read, if they have responded and told people they know there is a problem I havnt seen it. If anyone has a link then by all means please post it for me. I really like to have the option to stream off my pc but as it stands right now that is impossible.

Does anyone have any idea why flash player and flash encoder crashes so much and locks up my pc?

I have recently put brand new quad core cpu and brand new 8g's of ram also in my system, not sure if that could be the cause. My Bios was updated to the most recent and my all my other drivers are all updated. I am at a loss to understand why this is happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is another issue as fas as Media Live Encoder, after starting the program to stream to justin.tv most times when i click in the program box encoder goes into a crash, instantly does as soon as I click inside the box, other times it will appear to work fine, i click the connect option and then start and it works for a few minutes then when I click on my account on the justin site to check out my broadcast it crashes then also, this is very frustrating. Never had so many crash problems with ANY program EVER as with adobes flash players and encoder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why the hell does the top of topic say: this Question is Possibly Answered??!!

Well said gridsleep. "You are probably already nearly panicking over it, and well you should.  Your monopoly on streaming data is threatening to come crashing down around your ears.  You'd better fix it quick or become accustomed to the sound of peasants banging their pitchforks against the gates and howling for your heads."

Discusting! Even Microsoft fixes problems faster. I hope silverlight will become a succesful competitor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 06, 2009 Nov 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have already answered this issue and probably its resolved now.

Based on your email, I understand that Flash Player crashes on all browsers be it Internet Explorer 8, Firefox 3, Opera 10, Safari, and Chrome. with Windows Vista 64-bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2009 Nov 07, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to burst your bubble, but, as I stated earlier, my system does not have that registry key, whether Flash is installed or not.  I searched the registry and found that key in about a dozen other places, and removed each instance.  Flash still crashes.  Just to make this perfectly clear, the key you are speaking of does not exist on my system regardless of whether Flash is installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, how do we go about removing these registry keys?

*Do I ask my kitty, "Kitty, can u remove those pesky registry keys", and poof, their gone.

*Use Hijack this...?

*Stumble around my "Remove Programs", until I remove every graphic program on my computer, hoping if I earse this an that on my computer...Bill Gates and Steve Jobs will come and sashy around my computer, making it giggle, and my world will be rainbow happy once again?

If your not sure of the steps to remove a registry key, might u know where I would start my search?  In the remove programs utilites, scanner program maybe, go inside xp3's OS and snap the necks of anyone with the beginning name of offending registry keys?

Earlestly,

ahki, emerald city

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a program called Registry Editor, going by the name

regedit.exe. Be extremely careful using it. It is mostly undocumented

and hidden for good reason. Using it is like spinal surgery on your

computer. If the kernal is the brain, the registry is the spinal cord

that connects the brain to all the running processes, hardware and software.

Go to the Start menu and select Run. In Run, type regedit and hit OK or

Enter. You will be presented with the registry editor. On the left is

a tree of all the nodes. On the right is the data contained in

whichever node you have highlighted. At the bottom is a line showing

the whole route of the branch you are on. When editing the registry, it

is important to do exactly what is expected and nothing else. Any

deviation can lead to a computer that cannot be booted.

The first thing to do is back up the registry. Open the File menu and

choose Export. On the file requester that pops up, make sure All is

chosen at the bottom. Remember where it is saving to. It defaults to

My Documents but it could be somewhere else. If you make a mistake that

you can't correct, you can reload the registry using Import, from where

you saved the Export. It will take a few minutes to export.

After that, you can edit to your heart's delight. But remember the

analogy of spinal surgery. Registry errors are rarely trivial.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2009 Dec 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solution has worked for me so far.

I cant believe some of the comments on here bordering on or being racist.

One refers to "them having a curry break" , give it a break, I am usually very critical of services being offshored but don't resort to that level.

I think you will find that many of these offshore people are much more educated and able than those throwing the abuse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 01, 2009 Dec 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you worked with these lazy bastard job pirates youd know otherwise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2009 Nov 06, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Flash Player most certainly qualifies as crapware in the Windows 7 operating system.  I have started notifiying sales websites that use Adobe Flash Player that I won't be able to make a purchase since their website crashes my computer due to their poor choice of using Adobe Flash Player.

In the meantime, Microsoft needs to issue a public warning that Adobe Flash Player is trashing the computers of the unsuspecting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the solution.Just turn off firewall and antivirus.In my case : ZoneAlarm 9.0.114 and Norton AV 2010.Since I did so, adobe flash player works fine.I am happy, because I avoid reinstalling the system.I'm thinking to apologize to Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gee, I hope you're joking.  It's more important for you to see people's cute kiddy videos than to keep your computer free of intrusion?  And you no longer see this as an Adobe issue?  Oh, I so hope you are joking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While I wached the movie, I am going to shutdown protection, so what? I'm quite serious Hey man, I'm joking I'll not shut down protection, but i will find some another solution.After a little research, I realized that a firewall is main cause of my problems, that are very similar as described above, so Norton remains in the game.I will change only ZoneAlarm.Try and let me know if this succesfull.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines