Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No sound in Flash

Jun 10, 2012 Jun 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upgraded yesterday to Flash Player 11.3.300.257 (Vista 32, IE9). Now no sound on any flash content (Youtube, BBC, etc). Non-flash content on youtube is fine, just Flash.

Have tried options suggestions on help pages (unistall/reinstall, etc.) - No luck?

Any suggestions?

TOPICS
Performance , Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Wow.  This thread is from 2012.  I'm going to lock it. 

If you have an actual question, please start a new thread, and use this handy guide on how to get a useful answer: 

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1195540

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 14, 2012 Jun 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'll need to use the stand alone uninstaller.  This FAQ should help:

How do I revert to a previous version of Flash Player?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI, windows 7, IE 9 - no sound.

Definitely a bug somewhere!

How do I go back a version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My issue is a little different, I do get sound but only through subwoffer. The other speakers in my 5.1 surround get nothing. It works fine on the html5 test but not on flash. I submitted a bug report with my dxdiag info. I'm running win 7 64 with latest Google Chrome browser and realtek onboard audio. BTW...Just checked and IE still works fine but shows flash ver 11.2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 17, 2012 Jun 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i had no sound on chrome, but sound in IE 8, Vista 32bit.

then i updated to latest versoin ... 11.3 r300

and NOW ...

now no sound in both IE and chrome.

are you kidding me ?

you've made this worse. now i can't watch any internet videos at all.

nicely done !

UPDATE: ok, i found an old version of firebox on my PC. it prompted me to install version 10.3 r183. and i have sound. please, don't break this one on your next update. even better, fix this problem. a week later and still no fix. seriously ? 

UPDATE: ok, some sites wouldn't work with 10.3 on firefox. so i had to begrudgingly upgraded to 11.3. and yes, now no audio on firefox. spectacular ! so audio on flash video completely gone now.

UPDATE: sound is back.

1. closed all chrome browsers.

2. ran uninstaller : http://download.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/support/uninstall_flash_player.exe

3. went here for previous version :

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/archived-flash-player-versions.html

4. downloaded

Flash Player 11.2.202.233 :

http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/installers/archive/fp_11.2.202.233_archive.zip

so thanks for the memories dev team. what the hell happened on this release ? don't think i'll be upgrading to next version for a loooooooooooooong time !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2012 Jun 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows Vista Ultimate SP2

AMD Phenom II x6 1100T

16GB DDR3 RAM

Sound Blaster Audigy Sound Card

EVGA GTX 570

ASUS Crosshair IV Formula Motherboard

I have uninstalled the sound card and completely reinstalled flash player to test on the motherboards onboard sound, and the problem persists.  This may rule out the sound card.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2012 Jun 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so it's been almost a month...any changes adobe team ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 30, 2012 Jun 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, please see this post: Flash Player 11.3 Status - Updated 6/28

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2012 Jul 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you very much for your reply .. cheers !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 13, 2012 Jun 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We maintain a version of Flash Player 10.3 with the latest security updates.  This might be a better choice, as it contains fixes for issues in the field that Flash Player 11.2 would be vulnerable to.

http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the sound problems after updating Flash 11.3.

I have now removed teh software and followed the links to install both the 11.2 and 10.3 versions.

However, when I click on for example flashplayer11_2r202_233_winax_32bit.exe,

during the installation, I get a message that says this is not the latest version of Flash and it won't let me continue!

What is the point of redirecting people to old versions, if the installer won't let you install them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2012 Jun 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its alittle more technical here's a link to explain how to truly revert to 11.2 you don't really need to go back to 10.3 at all period. Just follow the instruction from the link below.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/825435

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2012 Jun 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How I fixed sound in chorme with Ver. 11,3,300,257

Type “about:plugins” (without the quotation marks) into the address bar at the top of a Chrome browser window.

Find the “Flash” (or “Shockwave Flash”) listing on the Plug-ins page and click the corresponding   “Disable”   button.

Went to youtube  sound works now. 

Flash (2 files) - Version: 11,3,300,257 (Disabled)

Plugin page still shows  Flash ( 2 files) (Disabled)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2012 Jun 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I shouldn't say fix. More like a work around, found by dumb luck. I hope they get it resolved soon. I'm using windows vista.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2012 Jun 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstalling Flash via the Control Panel, then installing the archived version as pAthriva1 suggested (http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/installers/archive/fp _11.2.202.233_archive.zip) worked for me as well.  Thanks for the tip!!  The file I ran was flashplayer11_2r202_233_win_64bit.exe. 

I have Win7 64-bit, so choose the right file for your operating system.  Make sure to select "Notify me about updates" instead of "Automatically install updates" when it prompts you.

What a colossal bug! How did this ever make it out to the field??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 10, 2012 Jun 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I lost all sound on Flash Player a few days ago - have a Mac OS X 10.6.8, Safari 5.1.7 and Google Chrome 19.0.1084.54.  I

downloaded 11.3  and uninstalled Safari and uninstalled and reinstalled 11.3.  No luck.  Any one have any other ideas - would

sure appreciate hearing them.  Spent hours trying to get this to work correctly.

Odd that Flash Player isn't going into Applications - going on the desk top.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2012 Jun 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was finally able to get sound to work by reverting back to Flash 10.3. I needed to use the stand-alone installer to unistall Flash. I then had to delete all Flash files from remnant Macromed folders on my computer. I am not sure what the differences are between the 10.3 installers in the zip file, but I had to use the winax installer to get it to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2012 Jun 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running 64-bit Windows Vista (6.0 - Build 6002). This update screwed up every one of my browsers (Chrome, IE, Waterfox). I initially thought that a game installation was to blame, so I re-installed those in addition to rolling back my SB Audigy audio driver--all to no avail. After using the Flash Player uninstaller and installing 11.2.202.233, I used the audio tests that Adobe provided in an earlier comment on this thread, and unsurprisingly HTML5 test worked fine but the Flash Player test failed. I now have sound in Waterfox and IE, but not in Chrome (which is my primary browser).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After updating to Flash 11.3 I did not have sound in Firefox, Chrome or Safari.  I think I have determined that the source of this problem was a conflict between Flash 11.3 and my sound card, which is a Creative Sound Blaster Audigy SE.

I have started a new thread with details of my experience and to specifically find out what role sound cards might have in causing problems with Flash Player 11.3. 

If you are using a sound card and are having problems with Flash 11.3 please go there and post your information:

No sound with Flash 11.3 - Sound card conflict?

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4501371#4501371

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oops. My original post had more information but I clicked a link from this page (I forget which) and it deleted my entire comment, so I had to rewrite it.

What I meant to add is, changing my default device from my VIA high def. audio speakers to my USB headset did NOT fix the problem.  This indicates that the bug is not audio codec specific (such as to VIA, RealTek, Creative, etc.), since the USB headset has its own set of audio drivers.  Add your Creative problem and the list of hw codecs that experience this issue is suspiciously large.  No, it is an operating system level bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2013 Apr 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NOPE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 15, 2013 Apr 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@BastiHawks

We'd like to help, but you're not giving us much to work with.  This thread is also a year old and isn't terribly useful for helping you troubleshoot and resolve what is probably a distinct problem from the issue that was originally cited.

I'd recommend creating a fresh post that accurately describes the problem you're encountering, and then the results of working through the following basic troubleshooting steps.  The more detail you provide, the more likely you are to get help.

Troubleshooting guide follows:

Basic Troubleshooting Info

To help troubleshoot we'll need the following system information:

- Operating system

- Browser

- Flash Player version - http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/find-version-flash-player.html

The first step is to work through the video troubleshooting guide for your operating system, here:

- Windows - http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/video-playback-issues.html

- Mac - http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/video-playback-issues.htm

When reporting issues with video or audio, it's also helpful to get your system hardware and driver details.  Instructions for finding this information can be found here:

- Windows - http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/video-playback-issues.html#main_For_Windows_users

- Mac - http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/video-playback-issues.html#main_For_Mac_OS_users

Finally, sometimes video and audio problems are caused at a lower level and not directly related to Flash Player.  I recommend trying both of the links below to see how they perform.  If the problem exists with both, then Flash Player is most likely not the culprit as the HTML5 video link does not use Flash Player when playing.  You can verify this by right clicking the HTML5 video and looking for the words "About HTML5" at the bottom of the menu.

- HTML5 video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTl3U6aSd2w&html5=True

- Non-HTML5 video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTl3U6aSd2w

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 17, 2013 May 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had  this issue recently (running windows 8) and realized (eventually) that the speakers/headphones work if they are already plugged in when you load up the page with the flash player on but if you plug them after the page was already loaded the sound would go straight back to the in-built speakers. Not exactly a fix but was good enough for me.

I know everyone seems to be having slightly different issues depending on OS so this may or may not work with them but worth a try as a quick fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2012 Aug 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i too am having the same issue with the new update i have tried every option available older version still wont work i even called adobe and the idiot didnt know what i was saying he said i can fix it myself or pay 39.00 dollars for there mistake my adobe ran fine till i ran the update they provided no i have no sound or youtube at all and i make my money that way so i guess we are at adobes mercy i mean its been weeks since this has happened and they have done nothing to change it i think they jus want money so screw you adobe

im running win7 64bit on google chrome

youtube and other flash players no sound and vid freezes after 10sec

i have uninstalled reinstalled and even installed adobe 10.3 no change

i dont think that there is anything we can do but wait for adobe to run another update that wont crash  I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 23, 2012 Aug 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had 11.3 with same sound problem...    I saw there is an upgrade to 11.4.402.265. 

I completely uninstalled 11.3 per the uninstall instructions.  I then installed 11.4.402.265  and still have the same  no sound problem.

What is the problem?  Is there a fix for this?  Everything plays fine in IE8, but just video and no sound in Firefox 14.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 23, 2012 Aug 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ezmjz - We'd like to investigate this further.  Could you please open a new bug report at bugbase.adobe.com and include a copy of your system's dxdiag report?  Also, do you still encounter this problem if you disable protected mode (see the bottom of this FAQ)

How do I troubleshoot Flash Player's protected mode for Firefox?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines