Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No sound in Flash

Jun 10, 2012 Jun 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upgraded yesterday to Flash Player 11.3.300.257 (Vista 32, IE9). Now no sound on any flash content (Youtube, BBC, etc). Non-flash content on youtube is fine, just Flash.

Have tried options suggestions on help pages (unistall/reinstall, etc.) - No luck?

Any suggestions?

TOPICS
Performance , Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Wow.  This thread is from 2012.  I'm going to lock it. 

If you have an actual question, please start a new thread, and use this handy guide on how to get a useful answer: 

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1195540

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2012 Dec 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem has come back to haunt me.  I have the latest version of Firefox and Flash 11.5.  I had originally uninstalled Flash 11.3 and installed 11.2 which made the sound work again.  Somehow it stopped working, and after 3 hours of uninstalling, installing, and trying every possible remedy, I still have no sound!!!  HTML5 has no sound as well.

My sound works fine on my computer, but not on Firefox or Internet Explorer.  As usual the video plays silent.  Can someone tell me what the heck is wrong with my computer? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 02, 2013 Jan 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have no sound in HTML5 or in Flash, it's unlikely that Flash is the cause.  What operating system are you on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2014 Feb 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a registry key that had a couple of deny permissions on it I assume the result of a virus, malware or ? Once I removed the deny permissions all my audio came back. May not be your problem but its worth a try. Allways backup your registry before making any changes. Run regedit32 go too HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/WINDOWS NT/CurrentVersion/Drivers32 right click on Drivers32 select permissions then sellect Advanced see if there are any deny permissions if so remove them reboot your PC This fixed my audio problems hope it works for you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2020 Nov 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

will I be able to get sound back

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 29, 2020 Nov 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Virgie5ECB, give up on Flash Player/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wow.  This thread is from 2012.  I'm going to lock it. 

If you have an actual question, please start a new thread, and use this handy guide on how to get a useful answer: 

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1195540

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines