• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Script error when trying to install Flash Player 18.

Jul 10, 2015 Jul 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get a script error when trying to install Flash Player 18. The error box says "Script error   line 202    Char 13  Unable to set property 'innerHTML' of undefined or null references   code 0   URL C://.../Downloads/flashplayer18ax_ra_install.exe/160" and "undefined" is on the installer screen after I close the error box.  I am using a Dell Inspiron, IE 11.0.9600.17843, Windows 7 Home Premium Svc Pack 1.

I get this same error box no matter which installer I use for Flash Player 18.  The error box shows up immediately after I start the installer.  I successfully reinstalled flash player 17 two days ago with no problem, but of course Flash Player 17 won't run now on web sites.  I ran the Adobe flash player Uninstaller a couple times in between tries - same result, same script error box.  I have lost count of how many times I have tried to install it and my fingers are getting raw...

About the same time the error box shows up or a second or so later, my Norton Insight pops up a box that says that Norton doesn’t have enough information about this program (the installer, I suppose), to recommend this program, but I don’t think this is preventing the installer from running.  Or maybe it is?

This problem seems to be coming from the Flash Player installer, but I see nothing from Adobe about it.  I have tried running it as Administrator, I have disabled various parts of Norton to see if that is where this error is coming from - I have searched for hours on the internet, and I can't find answers.  I have never had a problem updating Flash Player until now.  Can anyone figure this out or point me in the right direction?   Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 20, 2015 Jul 20, 2015

Hi all,

The online installer team has investigated this further and identified the DPI setting as the culprit.  If the DPI setting is not set to 100%, 125%, 150%, or 200% the script error will return.  If you're DPI setting is set to something else, please set it to one of these and the online installer should work.  The team is working on a fix for this.

To check/modify the DPI setting:

1. Launch Control Panel and navigate to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Display
  2. In the left menu, select Set c

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 21, 2015 Jul 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi gmpeet,

I've been informed that the fix is scheduled to be released within the next two (2) weeks.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 22, 2015 Jul 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was just in the process of starting a thread but could not remember the error message I got and remembered reading this thread. Probably a good job I checked back here. I'll try it now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines