• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Shockwave constantly stops working and crashes in Chrome, making it nearly impossible to watch Youtube or view certain websites

New Here ,
Jul 17, 2015 Jul 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recently received my new HP Spectre X360, today, in fact. I have never experienced this problem before with any other desktop or computer. My Youtube videos won't load, certain websites will tell me Shockwave Flash has stopped, then the website will freeze, and I have to force-close in the Task Manager to get the website to shut down. I have used both Mozilla Firefox and Chrome, and the issue persists. With Firefox I attempted to use an extension that makes it possible to watch videos without Flash, I then disabled flash and videos would load, the gray bar would load, however, the videos wouldn't play. I also checked, this issue is not cause by Chrome's weird handling of Flash, it has the right version and all that.

I have all the up-to-date versions of Chrome, FireFox, and Flash player. At some point I was actually able to load a few videos for about 30 minutes, then it went kapoop again.

If someone could please help me, that would be great! I have searched for hours on Google trying to fix this, and NOTHING worked. Please help, thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 18, 2015 Jul 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Shockwave Player is not supported any longer on Chrome.

Youtube does not use Shockwave Player, but Flash Player.

You want help: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1195540

[topic moved to Flash Player forum]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines