• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Shockwave Flash Keeps Coming Up With A Window That Has A Unresponsive Plugin?

New Here ,
May 29, 2013 May 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Shockwave Flash window keeps coming up when I am on the Internet. Most of the time. It says Warning: Unresponsive Plugin. Shockwave Flash may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the plugin now, or you can continue to see if the plugin will complete. I need help fixing this issue. I am using Firefox also. Let me know how to resolve this issue. I appreciate it. Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2013 May 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am having the same issue but it is happening on internet explorer firefox and google chrome. It keeps happening i have the lates update of flash player. My laptop is only three months old and its getting ridiculous. I cant go on facebook, weather, anything that has a video or a game i cannot go on because it will keep popping up and saying that flash player has stopped working. i can wait for it to respond or disable it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2013 Jun 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing the very same problem.

Here's a link to the most recent crashes:

https://crash-stats.mozilla.com/report/index/619efde0-cabb-43fc-8a06-40ca92130619

https://crash-stats.mozilla.com/report/index/1d67883b-c897-4760-a58d-f38ec2130619

It keeps happening since i updated firefox and flash to the respective last versions. Didn't install anything else.

The error occurs when i open a page during normal navigation, even with a single window opened. Seems to happen while Firefox, according to the info showed on the bottom of the page, is loading something that uses flash from a website, like a banner or some kind of animation in the page.

Also noticeable that Youtube videos pretty often won't start until a few seconds and sometimes i even have to reload the page for them to start.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2013 Jul 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the last update this has became a serious problem. Same as Shendue since updating FF and Flash. I am mostly running Facebook apps and all of them have the problem. When running 2 simultanous its a garantee for failure, espacially when 1 of them is loading.

https://crash-stats.mozilla.com/report/index/f21e5180-b1e6-4f93-bf88-56e632130720

https://crash-stats.mozilla.com/report/index/07cedff4-c043-46e1-af48-bfad42130719

https://crash-stats.mozilla.com/report/index/ed7cace1-be8c-4c66-924b-6989f2130719

Regards TGusBo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2013 Jul 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A clean Firefox profile seems to help quite a bit, thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 21, 2013 Jul 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did a clean Firefox Profile as you see in my posts earlier in this Discussion. I am still having the same problem after I did a clean Firefox Profile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2013 Aug 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anybody please help me to resolve this issue? Let me know. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2013 Sep 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If anybody knows about this issue, can you please let me know what to do to resolve it. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 28, 2013 Sep 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

im having the exact same issue Mark and i dont know what to do, tried installing and reinstalling firefox and adobe flash and still getting that error message. most of the time it is happening on ebay and most of the times on youtube.

it has brought me to a complete standstill as i cannot do what i normally do and it is very annoying now. what version of firefox are you using and what version of flash do you have installed? also, when you uninstall, do you go to start > control panel > programs and features > flash? or do you go to C drive > windows > sysWOW64 > macromed > flash? let me know if you have any progress on this issue as we definetaly have the same issue

kyzer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2013 Sep 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Firefox version is 24.0. I have Adobe AIR, Adobe Flash Player 11 ActiveX & Adobe Flash Player 11 Plugin. I go to Start, Control Panel, Programs & Features & then uninstall the Flash if I need to. Thanks for all of your help. Sorry I didn't reply sooner.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

first thing to try - have you opened tools > firefox help > trouble shooting information > reset firefox? let me know if you have or havnt

if you have, can you open internet explorer, go to youtube and it will tell you that you need to download flash player (if you click on it it will take you to the site directly with the latest version) uncheck the mcafee security scan feature and let it install. can you then tell me if the installation was successful? if it was, reboot and see if you have the same problem, monitor it and let me know if you get the error message again. if the message does come up then you will have to go through a full uninstall/reinstallation which hopefully will sort your problem (i will try my best to guide you through this). i had the flash installed only on the firefox browser but flash was supposed to work on all browsers once installed so when i downloaded flash for internet explorer its worked for me since so i am not going to use firefox as i do not want to encounter the problem again. i noticed in one of your posts you mentioned you are using windows xp on a 32 bit operating system? im running windows 7 on a 64 bit so let me know because if you are going to do a full reinstallation you will need to clear some folders in your system32 folder on your C drive whereas i had to clear 2 folders (system32 and syswow64 as im using a 64 bit system) quite a bit to do if you have to go down this road but rest assured im sure it will sort out your problem

kyzer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems like when I have the new version of Firefox, it seems like it is back up running again normally with no Warning: Unresponsive Plugin messages. I will keep updated on this issue if I encounter it at all. I will remember your last post if I encounter it again. Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok keep an eye on it and in your firefox browsers address bar type about:plugins and see if you have shockwave flash and shockwave director enabled (you might or u might not) this might have sorted the issue but do leave a post if it gets sorted

kyzer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do have the Shockwave Flash Enabled. How do you know if the Shockwave Director is Enabled or not?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 30, 2013 Sep 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

another member on the forum had the same issue and hes problem looks like its sorted by resetting and clicking on something to do with his plugins. let me see if i can find a link for you, will explain in better detail

http://forums.adobe.com/message/5719229#5719229

let me know if this is of any help

kyzer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just went on Firefox and it came up with the same message when I was looking on different websites. But then, I click Continue and I waited until it responded and it did. It just comes up sometimes. Not all the time. The message. But, what do you suggest me do next? The last link you sent? Let me know. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i opened internet explorer and went to the youtube site and it told me i didnt have flash installed so i clicked the link and it directed me to the adobe site with the latest version. since then i have been using the internet explorer on google chrome and its running with no problems, just hoping it stays that way. i dont want to open firefox anymore because i dont want that error message to pop back up and start creating problems again, i rather let that problem sleep for now. you could try this and let me know how you get on. if all else fails then the only option is a full uninstall/reinstall of the latest version

ps- if you do decide to take the explorer route, internet explorer will ask you if you want to install google chrome at some point, i recommend you do, no different from firefox and noticed it is much quicker

kyzer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, what do I have to do now? So, don't do the previous link like you told me a couple of hours ago about somebody else having the same problem and you giving me a link for the error message?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

have you opened internet explorer and gone to youtube to download the latest flash version? if so, did it work? also check to see if the firefox is back to normal once you have installed the flash on internet explorer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed the latest version on Internet Explorer and then when it was complete, it came up on Firefox that Adobe was successfully installed and then Firefox locked up and gave me the same message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok try the reset feature on the firefox browser now then type about:plugins, do you see anything different?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reset Firefox and I didn't really see anything different when I went on about:plugins. What was going to be different when I went on it? When the installation was completed, I didn't reboot and then open Firefox. I just left it on. But, I shut it off for a couple of hours and then I just turned it back on and reset Firefox because it was coming up with that message and it was also coming up saying Adobe Flash Player 11v8 something was closed? That was a new message that just came up when I just put my laptop on. It didn't do that earlier before I shut it down. Which was a couple of hours ago. Just when I turned it on. Which was now. Now, I don't see that message about Unresponsive Plugin. I guess because I reset Firefox. I don't see the Adobe Flash Player 11v8 something message anymore either. So I guess it's ok for now. I will let you know though if I get those messages again. Let me know what I should do next. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 01, 2013 Oct 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nothing was going to be different when you went to the about:plugins, i read on a post that a member had more than one plugin enabled that made it work BUT that could have been a different operating system. thats why i told you in an earlier post to type the about:plugins in the browsers address bar and see if shockwave or shockwave director was enabled but that member had vista if i can remember corrrectly and was running a 32 bit system and when he resetted he went back to the plugins page and seen an extra plugin which seemed to have solved the problem. i suppose its a waiting game now and hope for the best

kyzer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, what kind of plugin should I see extra? Does it have to be Enabled or Disabled? Anything else I need to know? Let me know. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that depends on what version of windows and what operating system you have. if it is an old one then most likely shockwave flash but i am not 100% certain. if you read through that link i gave you, around the 11th post is a member who resetted his firefox and it came up as 2 plugins enabled on his plugins page and so far since yesterday he hasnt posted anything on the forum so looks like hes issue is sorted. have a read and see if you can see any similarities (thats if you have the same windows and operating system) i hope this helps

ps- any error messages yet?

kyzer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2013 Oct 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I didn't reply in a couple of days. Yesterday I was getting the same error message about Unresponsive Plugin. Today too. Should I read that link you gave me, around the 11th post? Or, what should I do next? Let me know. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines