• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

swf file

New Here ,
Sep 12, 2020 Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In 2001 while in a Jr College class I created a 'Memorial' file with the .swf extension.  What do I need to change it to in order to still be able to play it after Flash goes away in December?  I've attached a copy of the file. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If there was a push button fix Flash would have been turned off years ago. Instead, years were given for the work. You can't change it. You have to make it again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Google "flash player emulator".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Myrna

I had a look at your touching 'Memorial'. In order to play and preserve it for the world after the demise of Flash, I would make a video capture from it, as long the most recent Flash Player Debugger or the Flash Player in a browser is still working on your computer.

Because it's 'only' one sequence without any interactive trickery, as far as I can see, this would work well.

I'm using a Mac and would know how to do it, but I guess you are on a Windows system? Just have a look at this web tutorial.

Probably you don't get the sound captured. Though being "Amazing Grace' in a backpipe version, it won't be a big problem, to get that tune somewhere online and use a video editing tool to add the sound to your video capture. I hear that Microsoft Photos on Window 10 can do that.

If you need some service to do that for you, send me a Private Message.

Good luck

Klaus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines