• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

.SWF support in native Android applications developed in JAVA.

New Here ,
Mar 07, 2018 Mar 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All,

I am new to adobe and flash player.

We have one requirement in which we need to provide online streaming and offline support of .SWF file in native Android application developed using Android Studio and JAVA.

I tried embedding in webpage and loading in webview and also checked third party SDKs which can support .SWF but none of the solution seems working for us.

Can anyone help me with this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 08, 2018 Mar 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no SWF support for Android. Or iOS. Soon there will be no support in Mac or Windows either, so SWF may not be the best choice for a project if you want it to have a future...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Mar 08, 2018 Mar 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

despite of SWF is a brillant format used since 20 years.... but nothing is fatal in computer world, SWF is open source so....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 09, 2018 Mar 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe AIR is the supported path for Android and iOS applications built on Flash technology.   You're not going to be able to do this in a WebView or equivalent, because it would inherently need the Flash Plug-in, which doesn't exist for those platforms.

Even with AIR, you're not going to just be able to load in a web page with embedded Flash (we're exposing either a WebKit WebView or a native WebView, both of which lack a Flash Player plug-in).

AIR isn't my area of expertise, but in essence, you'd need to adapt the content to play in the context of your AIR application (e.g. skip the whole browser altogether and just import the contents of the ActionScript and other assets that are compiled into that SWF), or just rebuild the content as HTML/JavaScript, at which point you could use your WebView approach.

Adobe Animate CC supports output to HTML Canvas for simple Flash animations, assuming you have access to the source materials like .fla files and related assets

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines